District 11-AAA

WhatUpYo

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood will win the district. I would like to see someone else, but I am am sure that Brentwood will go through on top. They have far to much depth and talent. Plus they only lost two people from last year. They were a dominant force last year, and they will be again this year. I think the big fight will be for who gets to claim second place... It could be any of the big four left... Franklin, Independence, Ravenwood and Centennial.

I have to go with Independnce and Franklin playing for the second place spot at the end of the season.

Brentwood's depth is definitely top drawer. I don't think any other team in district 11-AAA can compete with them for a full game. As far as for second in the district I think its a tie between Ravenwood, Franklin, and Centennial. Independence has some talent but they lost their best player in Moses Sixtoes, the rest of their squad shows potential for the future due to the fact that they are all sophomores. Their one good player from the 08 class would be Ben Gaines, but he is a defensive minded mid and can't provide the attacking power for the entire team. Centennial if you remember is a scrappy team, pulling off a win at Brentwood last year and giving a lot of teams a run for their money. They have one D1 commit in Brennan who signed with ETSU. They have speed and should not be overlooked by any means. Franklin while going out earlier than a lot expected last year, to Overton, returns basically the same squad only losing 3 seniors. They are a very physical, not technical team who can size up with just about anyone and should be a serious threat for second in the district. Should be an exciting season!

Do you know who scored the goals?

For Centennial I'm pretty sure the first goal was Layne Meltzer. I don't know about the second one because it was kinda a scramble in the box and I don't know who got to it.

For Franklin I'm not sure about the first one, but the second one was Booth and the third was a freshman named connor i think

Brentwood- Loaded

Ravenwood/ Centennial- Flip a coin, game as good as the refs who call it..

Franklin- The top four only reload each year

Indy- Great JV group last year, we will see if they can make the jump with their vets.

Overton- Lost about everyone last year

Hillwood- Lost a good coach, decent younger group

Hillsboro- Their program has really plummeted

Brentwood- Loaded

Ravenwood/ Centennial- Flip a coin, game as good as the refs who call it..

Franklin- The top four only reload each year

Indy- Great JV group last year, we will see if they can make the jump with their vets.

Overton- Lost about everyone last year

Hillwood- Lost a good coach, decent younger group

Hillsboro- Their program has really plummeted

Bigpoppa, The question has been asked by the knoxville boys....Does Brentwood/Franklin have what it takes to bring the state trophy to Middle Tn.?

Bigpoppa, The question has been asked by the knoxville boys....Does Brentwood/Franklin have what it takes to bring the state trophy to Middle Tn.?

Not for me to say, they are really good but in past years the winners either either come from the Knoxville district or the Memphis district.

Top to bottom though 11AAA can compete with any district around the state.

Not for me to say, they are really good but in past years the winners either either come from the Knoxville district or the Memphis district.

Top to bottom though 11AAA can compete with any district around the state.

I've been out of the loop this year. Who are the top few players on each team in 11AAA this year to look out for?