Elliot Leaving MBA

BuckLateral

How does MBA vs BA look for fall 2008. I claim to know little about either but I assume BA will be favored on paper?

BA will no doubt be the more talented team as this seems to be the case most every year. That being said, MBA has consistantly beaten the Eagles and until BA wins more than one in row, I don't see how MBA can not be favored.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA will no doubt be the more talented team as this seems to be the case most every year. That being said, MBA has consistantly beaten the Eagles and until BA wins more than one in row, I don't see how MBA can not be favored.

I couldn't agree more.

I love how some people are so quick to start the "MBA is in trouble" talk. To be sure, Coach Elliot is a loss for the school, but MBA will be fine. I really don't see how anyone can comment negatively after the season that Daniel's team just had.

I couldn't agree more.

I love how some people are so quick to start the "MBA is in trouble" talk. To be sure, Coach Elliot is a loss for the school, but MBA will be fine. I really don't see how anyone can comment negatively after the season that Daniel's team just had.

The "MBA is in trouble" talk is getting old. Coaches move around all the time, nothing new at MBA as coaches have come and gone year after year. The program has won championships in the past decade with 3 new head coaches and a phone book full of assitant coaches.

My interest is renewed and I look for continued success. Ensworth, BA and others will have success, but it won't be at the 'expense' of MBA, it will be because they are just good. MBA will have success too. Will be fun going forward.

I have to admit....this move (Coach E leaving for BA) baffles me. I could understand his retiring, or just "playing out the string" until his retirement...but leaving to coach at BA? Now, at this point in his career? I don't get this one. He will now be coaching against MBA, where he spent...what? 30 years of his life coaching?--essentially twice a year. Maybe it bothered him that he wasn't given a bona fide shot at the head coaching job, either when Ricky B left or this time around when Rutlege left. Who knows....but it's baffling. Maybe he just wasn't comfortable working with Daniel and it was time for him to move on. I had several classes with him over the years and played for him also. Great man I wish the best to.

Either way we have a fantastic head coach who's going to win lots of games for us for a long time...he's really just getting started.

I couldn't agree more.

I think after last season's results, McGugin has earned the benefit of the doubt.

James Counce Sr returned to Dyersburg ,where he had been coaching for 5 or so years before last year. James Counce Jr returned to Henry Co, where he grew up. Floyd Elliot move over to Brentwood Academy. I hate to see them go but MBA will be fine.

Both James Sr and James Jr returned to Dyersburg to take over the program they had left.

Both Counces had nothy but praise for the MBA program and the school.

Those guys just love Dyersburg football. They came home.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure about "MBA in trouble", but I do know they are about to lose another coach still. What is the deal? Cannot the big bucks keep a coaching staff??? It seemed to work for the appointment of the Head Coach.

• 2 weeks later...

From what i have heard Coach Elliott is a great coach and a great guy. Its a big loss for MBA.

Mba lost a LOT of seniors at a lot of key positions. I am interested to see how they rebound next year. BA has a lot of young players and i think the game will go their way next year, as will the Ensworth game hopefully !!

The ensworth coach that will be DC is a young alumni who has a lot of potential and a lot of knowlege about the game. It seems to me that MBA is trying to solidify a younger coaching base.