Jeremy Sexton

yomomma

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen this kid play, but the numbers he is putting up seem pretty impressive, and heard he is already being looked at by several D-1's....is this true or is this a bunch of hype?????

Coming from one of his biggest fans, this post probably won't be the most objective in the world, but I will say that Jeremy isn't just hype. He is probably the most consistent scorers I've seen at Temple, with a very soft touch. According to stats released in the newspaper today, he's shooting 52% from the field, 41% from 3, and 75% from the line. He also averages 4 assists and 3 blocks a game. Since he plays in single A it's hard for a hack like me to tell how he stacks up against the top players in the state, but he does put up equally good numbers against AA and AAA competition. I don't know which schools are looking at him, but being only 6'1" or so, I wouldn't think top tier schools would want him as their shooting guard. But I could definitely see him doing really well at a SouCon school.

Coming from one of his biggest fans, this post probably won't be the most objective in the world, but I will say that Jeremy isn't just hype. He is probably the most consistent scorers I've seen at Temple, with a very soft touch. According to stats released in the newspaper today, he's shooting 52% from the field, 41% from 3, and 75% from the line. He also averages 4 assists and 3 blocks a game. Since he plays in single A it's hard for a hack like me to tell how he stacks up against the top players in the state, but he does put up equally good numbers against AA and AAA competition. I don't know which schools are looking at him, but being only 6'1" or so, I wouldn't think top tier schools would want him as their shooting guard. But I could definitely see him doing really well at a SouCon school.

In my opinion Sexton has all the intangibles that make a great player- the problem is he might not have the tangibles to make it at the highest level. He knows the game extremely well and plays a complete game- I think he would be a very good mid major player- i think he might get lost if he goes any higher than that...

In my opinion Sexton has all the intangibles that make a great player- the problem is he might not have the tangibles to make it at the highest level. He knows the game extremely well and plays a complete game- I think he would be a very good mid major player- i think he might get lost if he goes any higher than that...

In my opinion if he would hit the wieght room over the summer getting ready for football and play to make him stong and though he could be a very good D-1 player.If not he as the mental but not the physical .

I haven't seen this kid play, but the numbers he is putting up seem pretty impressive, and heard he is already being looked at by several D-1's....is this true or is this a bunch of hype?????

i am a CSAS fan but i will be quick to say that Mr. Sexton is a very good player the only thing that keeps him from looking better is his size probably 6'1'' and 179 lbs if i had to guess but he will do fine at a SouCon school, but nothing bigger than that his size wont let him go farther than that

i am a CSAS fan but i will be quick to say that Mr. Sexton is a very good player the only thing that keeps him from looking better is his size probably 6'1'' and 179 lbs if i had to guess but he will do fine at a SouCon school, but nothing bigger than that his size wont let him go farther than that

Is he a sophomore or a junior if he is a sophomore give him time he may grow... if he is a junior then he could be a good mid major player

Oglesby is 6'2", 185 and is averaging 12/game.

I think the main difference is level of competition- oglesby was at Bradley Central...averaging around 30 a game- he is a great scorer but an even better pure shooter

sexton is not a shooter- he scores well but is not great at any one element he does it all well... oglesby was good at driving but his shot was just downright incredible... I also think that oglesby was a much better athlete... but sexton is only a jr. so we'll see...

I think the main difference is level of competition- oglesby was at Bradley Central...averaging around 30 a game- he is a great scorer but an even better pure shooter

sexton is not a shooter- he scores well but is not great at any one element he does it all well... oglesby was good at driving but his shot was just downright incredible... I also think that oglesby was a much better athlete... but sexton is only a jr. so we'll see...

I think Jeremy could easily score 30/game, but he's very unselfish and averages 4 assists/game. He also usually guards the other team's best player, which undoubtedly distracts from his own scoring.

I'm not so sure about Oglesby being a better athlete. I only saw him play once, his 57 pt performance against Red Bank. He is a great athlete, but not the slasher and defender that Jeremy is. I'm sure he's stronger though. His coach said he benched 305 in high school.

Jeremy is suprising me with his shooting this year. He is knocking down the 3's, over 40%, and is automatic from the line.

About the competition, Temple has played some top notch competition this year and I don't remember Jeremy being stopped yet.