Everything Pickett Co. here on out

7asuperfan

I figured I would start a topic for everyone to post about PC. Few bits of news from this week.

PC beat Clay Co 70-63 in OT, in that game Jacob Wright scored 29 pts, which put him over 2,000 pts for his career. That puts him in the top ten, probably the top 5 of all time scorers at PC, I know someone on here from Pickett co. will know. I know its Aaron, Amonett, and then after that I'm not sure, but Jacob is the first to reach 2,000 pts since Aaron got to 3,000 in 01-02.

Also, on another note last night PC wrapped up the Tri-Lakes Conference Championship with a win over RBS, TC Capps lead with 18 points, followed by Jacob Wright with 15, both in limited action because of the blow out.

Next in the last week of their season, Tuesday PC travels to Monterey and is the end of district play for PC, then on Thursday, the BORDER SHOWDOWN at the "Wheelhouse" against Clinton Co. Ky. This game is always one the biggest crowds of the year and one of PC's biggest rivals, PC will look for a little payback for the loss earlier in the year.

On Friday Night, PC will wrap up and play the final regular season game at the "Wheelhouse" against Van Buren Co. and oh is this gonna be a good one on what I guess will be senior night. Total speculation but this should be a battle of a. top ten basketball teams, or b. top 15 basketball teams. Should be a good couple of games, with PC taking the last one up on the mountain.

Feel free to post of news and notes about PC or discussions, or if you just down right want to agrue about PC, post it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wright's accomplishment is pretty impressive. Pickett County has a long list of high scorers in their team history.

Here is the top ten 10 list (I am pretty sure anyway):

1. Nathaan Aaron 3003

2. Joseph Amonette 2940

3. Eric Mitchell 2476

4. Eugene Parris 2373

5. Jacob Wright 2000+

6. Chris Smith 1955 (pre 3 point era)

7. Jason Meadows 1952

8. John Crouch 1903

9. Jerry Kinchen 1786 (pre 3 point era)

10.Brent Smith 1716

clay is still the best team in the district despite the loss to rbs jackson and pc they still have the best talent all pc has is wright without wright they are nothing but coached well clay will win district 7a

Ah another dellusional clay co fan. The best team won the tri-lakes conference this year. Clay Co had a chance to put the knife in PC the other night, and they couldn't do it, couldn't hit their free throws when it matter, PC could......that is a big deal in tournaments. And remember PC beat CC with TC out for most of the first half in foul trouble and the second half he was hurt. Wright has had some help lately with Brent Logan scoring alot, and if TC can stay out of foul trouble, which last season he proved he could, then they will be a force. Don't forget that PC is pretty well coached as well. Yeah, Clay lost to RBS, who PC beat twice by 30 plus points. Clay could lose to Jackson Co. again in the tournament.

your leavin out one of there best players they had about 5 years ago Joseph Bailey the kid id playin at UT-martin last season i dont no if he still is or not

You must not know much about Pickett Co basketball, Joe isn't even close to an all time great. If you want the list of all time greats here you go....

1) Joseph Amonett- 1995- Mr. Basketball-95 State Champ and Tournament MVP- Played at Wake Forrest

2) Nathan Aaron- 2001-02-Mr. Basketball Finalist- All-time leading Scorer-Played at Freed-Hardmen

3) Jerry Kitchen- One of the best big men ever at PC

4)Eric Mitchell-1990 Mr. Basketball-90 State Champ- Played at TN Tech

5)Jason Meadows- Top Ten All Time scorers, both inside and outside dominant, State and State Runner-ups

6)Eugene Paris- 91 Mr. Basketball-'90 State Tournament Champ

7)Brent Smith- '90 State Tournament Champ- Said to be All-time assist leader

8) Jacob Wright- I'll post about him when he is done

9) John Crouch- 1900 points, probably 2nd all-time in assists, played in 3 state tourny's

10) Steve Asberry

He put the top scorers in PC history up, Joe Bailey isn't one of them, he just scored a little over a thousand points. Joseph was a ball hog, and honestly I think PC would have been better without him, cause the only thing he was using PC for was a stepping stone to play college ball. And yes he's still at UT-Martin, i think he is playing some, not much though.

And dadofour, John Sells isn't back yet, but he is supposed to play tuesday at Monterey I think.

That Clay Co. post was nonsense...with them losing to RED BOILING SPRINGS, how in the world did that happen? Pickett beat them 68-33 with subs playing the Bobcat starters playing half the game. Clay only beat Pickett at Clay because Sells and Capps had just come back from injuries and weren't playing well yet. That loss by Clay to RBS has to be one of the all time upsets and most embarrassing losses by Clay Co. ever. RBS has only beaten Benton Hall, Mt. Juliet Christian, Aaron Academy and Monterey...and Clay Co! Nothing against RBS, they are just having an off year. Not long ago they had one of the top teams in the state and most years have very good teams. But this year they just dn't have it. Before Clay Co. says anything, explain THAT loss! Pickett has only 1 single A loss and has beaten teams like Temple, Grace Academy (without Capps & Sells), York and Van Buren Co. While Jacob Wright can score 35/45 points on any given night, Gibson, Capps, and Logan can light it up too. And if Jacob Brown or Joseph Dowdy aren't covered, they can hit the 3s too.

You must not know much about Pickett Co basketball, Joe isn't even close to an all time great. If you want the list of all time greats here you go....

1) Joseph Amonett- 1995- Mr. Basketball-95 State Champ and Tournament MVP- Played at Wake Forrest

2) Nathan Aaron- 2001-02-Mr. Basketball Finalist- All-time leading Scorer-Played at Freed-Hardmen

3) Jerry Kitchen- One of the best big men ever at PC

4)Eric Mitchell-1990 Mr. Basketball-90 State Champ- Played at TN Tech

5)Jason Meadows- Top Ten All Time scorers, both inside and outside dominant, State and State Runner-ups

6)Eugene Paris- 91 Mr. Basketball-'90 State Tournament Champ

7)Brent Smith- '90 State Tournament Champ- Said to be All-time assist leader

8) Jacob Wright- I'll post about him when he is done

9) John Crouch- 1900 points, probably 2nd all-time in assists, played in 3 state tourny's

10) Steve Asberry

He put the top scorers in PC history up, Joe Bailey isn't one of them, he just scored a little over a thousand points. Joseph was a ball hog, and honestly I think PC would have been better without him, cause the only thing he was using PC for was a stepping stone to play college ball. And yes he's still at UT-Martin, i think he is playing some, not much though.

And dadofour, John Sells isn't back yet, but he is supposed to play tuesday at Monterey I think.

Chad Crouch i guarantee you is one of the top ten to come out of pickett.Best point guard hands down from pc.

While i do think Pickett Co. is the favorite and they did win the regular season district title they haven't done anything yet. PC will no doubt play for the district tourney title but i do believe that either Clay or JC can beat them. Notice i didn't say "will" but can beat them. Clarkrange is scared of PC so they will give them no game in the semi's of the district and i don't see anyone from District 8A giving them much of a game either so it will be an "all" 7A region title game. Who it is remains to be seen!!