Everything Pickett Co. here on out

7asuperfan

He is the best pure point guard i have seen come thru this area since i have been watching last 20 years smart and can still break ankles today.

I never saw Chad play, though I have heard he was awesome. Only reason I didn't put him in their was because he was only at PC for two years. And he doesn't have the numbers that others did at PC. Nothing against Chad, great guy, even better player.

While i do think Pickett Co. is the favorite and they did win the regular season district title they haven't done anything yet. PC will no doubt play for the district tourney title but i do believe that either Clay or JC can beat them. Notice i didn't say "will" but can beat them. Clarkrange is scared of PC so they will give them no game in the semi's of the district and i don't see anyone from District 8A giving them much of a game either so it will be an "all" 7A region title game. Who it is remains to be seen!!

Of course PC hasn't done anything yet, but neither has Clay or JC. Clay has a chance to beat PC, sure, but JC are you serious? They weren't within 10 pts of PC at either place. Well any team can be beat at anytime, I mean look at last season, Union City and Lake Co. lose in the regional semi's, PC loses sub state at home for the first time, so anything CAN happen, but I don't think it will happen to JC. PC has been in the district finals EVERY year since 1991, so I fully suspect them to be their again. When Clay Co. beat PC up at Clay, it was basically because PC had an off night. Now they are rolling winning 8 of their last 10 which includes 5 in a row (3 against Temple, Clay Co, Jackson Co.) Everyone looks at PC's schedule and thinks "man they've lost 7 games, they aren't very good" little do they know that only one game has come against a single A school, and school's that are roughly close to the same size as them. All the other games they have lost have been to dominate AA and AAA team's and two games up in KY. Hate to inform these people, but PC won't be playing these teams come tourny time.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw Chad play, though I have heard he was awesome. Only reason I didn't put him in their was because he was only at PC for two years. And he doesn't have the numbers that others did at PC. Nothing against Chad, great guy, even better player.

Of course PC hasn't done anything yet, but neither has Clay or JC. Clay has a chance to beat PC, sure, but JC are you serious? They weren't within 10 pts of PC at either place. Well any team can be beat at anytime, I mean look at last season, Union City and Lake Co. lose in the regional semi's, PC loses sub state at home for the first time, so anything CAN happen, but I don't think it will happen to JC. PC has been in the district finals EVERY year since 1991, so I fully suspect them to be their again. When Clay Co. beat PC up at Clay, it was basically because PC had an off night. Now they are rolling winning 8 of their last 10 which includes 5 in a row (3 against Temple, Clay Co, Jackson Co.) Everyone looks at PC's schedule and thinks "man they've lost 7 games, they aren't very good" little do they know that only one game has come against a single A school, and school's that are roughly close to the same size as them. All the other games they have lost have been to dominate AA and AAA team's and two games up in KY. Hate to inform these people, but PC won't be playing these teams come tourny time.

no doubt ive played in league wit all 3 it goes chad,matt and john all 3 good matt can flick it john has handles and chad is like nash with the dribble good guys and players.

no doubt ive played in league wit all 3 it goes chad,matt and john all 3 good matt can flick it john has handles and chad is like nash with the dribble good guys and players.

No doubt that all of them are really good, maybe great. All three played in atleast one state tournament. I loved watching Matt play back in the day, and got a chance to play ball with John a year at PC.

I've played against most of your top ten (minus Aaron and the pre-3 pt guys) and watched the state tournament games as well. I'd take Parris over Mitchell. Chad Crouch needs to be on the list, regardless of how many points he scored.

Any chance PC rests the big guns this Friday when Van Buren comes to town? I know VB would like a win, but the game means nothing and neither team can afford an injury with district tournaments starting next week. But a close game could get both teams ready for the tourney time.

I've played against most of your top ten (minus Aaron and the pre-3 pt guys) and watched the state tournament games as well. I'd take Parrish over Mitchell. Chad Crouch needs to be on the list, regardless of how many points he scored.

Any chance PC rests the big guns this Friday when Van Buren comes to town? I know VB would like a win, but the game means nothing and neither team can afford an injury with district tournaments starting next week. But a close game could get both teams ready for the tourney time.

First off, Its Paris, not Parrish. Chad should be on the list above John, I pretty much based my opinion on scoring and nothing else.

Second, No way PC rests its players, they have had two easy games in a row (RBS, Monterey) where Jacob and the other starters haven't played much at all. They have a HUGE rivalry game against Clinton Co. KY tomorrow night, and I know they are looking for revenge on the Bulldogs from upsetting them over in Albany. Also its been something like 02-03 season since we beat them, and Bibb never has, so I know he wants to get the bad taste of losing to them out of his mouth. I would beg to guess that the three teams, other than Clinton Co. that Bibb can't stand to lose to is White Co., LA, and VB. Simply because he coached at all three, and has been playing all three the last couple of years. I would also guess that Coach Bibb and the players are alittle bit mad about the AP polls here lately, although none of them would admit it. VB is 11th, PC already beat them and they haven't got more than 12 votes all year, so PC will want to beat VB for a second time to prove they belong. In the current top ten, PC is better than atleast two of those teams. Nash. Christian is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. PC hasn't lost a game since they lost to LA back at the start of Jan. and are in the middle of a current 6 game winning streak, they don't want that to end, they want to carry that momentum into post season play. PC will be in full force because it is senior night. PC by 6.

Anyone got any comments on the Clinton Co. game?

GO BULLDOGS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> yeah, right, congrats PC, take care of business

You guys have a pretty good team there in Bobcat country. I don't look for Pickett or Van Buren to hold anything back. It should be a fine tune up right before the District Torney for both teams. Those AP polls are a joke and no one including players should buy into them. The teams that has newspaper coverage have more exposure and votes than isolated schools. I wish you guys good luck in the game Thursday but I hope you loose against us. I love that electric feeling you get at a gym where a big game is being played, it kind of makes me nervous.

You guys have a pretty good team there in Bobcat country. I don't look for Pickett or Van Buren to hold anything back. It should be a fine tune up right before the District Torney for both teams. Those AP polls are a joke and no one including players should buy into them. The teams that has newspaper coverage have more exposure and votes than isolated schools. I wish you guys good luck in the game Thursday but I hope you loose against us. I love that electric feeling you get at a gym where a big game is being played, it kind of makes me nervous.

Yeah, VB and PC both get the shaft when it comes to the AP poll because the Herald-Citizen is the only Upper-Cumberland paper that votes in the poll. Your right, and for two straight nights in byrdstown, the "Wheelhouse" should be rockin'. I can't remember the last time PC played to big games at the end of the season. Clinton Co. will pack the gym as always.....how good will VB fans travel? Also I want to correct something I said earlier, Bibb has beat Clinton Co, twice....03-04 season. They didn't play 04-05, and PC has lost the last four to them.

Van Buren travels well. Pickett County, Old District, Ex-Coach, Two good teams, Friday night, sounds like a big crowd to me. I know coach Bibb will have his boys ready to play he always does, and I am confident that coach Sullivan will have his boys fired up, if they need it. Should be a good contest. The way you guys came back and beat us on the mountain in the last quarter was like bleeding out. Well maybe not that bad but it was terrible none the less. Maybe we can return the favor. Good luck.