Maryville players and commitments

REBELRON

MTSU's first committ of this class was another QB, Jaybo Shaw out of Georgia...he decommitted and is going to Georgia Tech now I believe. That situation probably played into his decision, tho MTSU had 2 different QBs that started last year returning this year (sophmore Dwight Dasher and senior Joe Craddock).

MTSU is a rising program, very glad to have him here...PROVEN WINNER. He'll get to work with 3 offensive linemen he played with in the East/West allstar game, Travis Lilienthal (from Riverdale), Alex Stuart (Oak Ridge), and Brandon McLeroy (Rhea County).

Burnett to MTSU. Never saw that one coming. I thought to hear talk he was going to the ACC...Virginia, UNC, NC State. Very, very good arm, absolutely no speed. In today's game that adds up to ...MTSU scholarship.

Looking at the style MTSU plays, he probably won't have much playing time with the Raiders. With Sancho McDonald and Dwight Dasher as the top QB's, I just don't see Burnett getting a lot of snaps. But regardless, glad to have him!

Congrats and good luck to all these young men! I will enjoy keeping up with their college careers. Glad to see Burnette at MT. He has already had some very good performances in Floyd stadium and look forward to watching him play in a Blue Raider uniform. We attend at least two or three games a year. A very enjoyable game day environment! Good things are happening with Coach Stockstill and the football program.