CPA beats Hume Fogg

CPA4Ever

CPA led by 12 at half, and held off a very scrappy Hume Fogg squad in the 2nd half to win by 15. HF cut the lead to as little as 8 in the 4th quarter, but never got close despite another great performance by Williamson of HF.

He is a great player, the best I have seen in the District along with Mason and Miller of CPA. Don't know how many he had tonight, but at least his average of 26.

Z Mason was just too much inside for HF as CPA decided after the 1st quarter to drive and/or dish inside. Reeves had a great game for CPA, making a lot of driving layups. Anderson was in foul trouble most of the game. When you are guarding Williamson, it is very easy to get in foul trouble.

CPA didn't play their best but that's to take nothing away from HF. They have some good athletes and quick hands that create a lot of pressure on an offense. They overplayed and took away the jumpers, but CPA was smart enough to realize that and drove past the pressure to get a lot of layups.

Don't want to play HF in the District tourney - they could be a spoiler.

CPA led by 12 at half, and held off a very scrappy Hume Fogg squad in the 2nd half to win by 15. HF cut the lead to as little as 8 in the 4th quarter, but never got close despite another great performance by Williamson of HF.

He is a great player, the best I have seen in the District along with Mason and Miller of CPA. Don't know how many he had tonight, but at least his average of 26.

Z Mason was just too much inside for HF as CPA decided after the 1st quarter to drive and/or dish inside. Reeves had a great game for CPA, making a lot of driving layups. Anderson was in foul trouble most of the game. When you are guarding Williamson, it is very easy to get in foul trouble.

CPA didn't play their best but that's to take nothing away from HF. They have some good athletes and quick hands that create a lot of pressure on an offense. They overplayed and took away the jumpers, but CPA was smart enough to realize that and drove past the pressure to get a lot of layups.

Don't want to play HF in the District tourney - they could be a spoiler.

What grade is Williamson in and if he's a senior where is he going to college?

I felt like the refs were lopsided once again tonight. Was is just me? Two of those refs have consistently been tough when calling CPA's games this year. It's getting a little rediculous.

I didn't think it was one-sided. Typical "high school ref bad", but not one-sided. I have observed that when you have very quick and athletic teams playing in HS, the officiating does seem worse because the game is faster and that exposes poor officials.At least they didn't take the game away from the players by calling fouls on good defensive plays.They missed some call, but they always do. Anderson had to sit a while because of a bad call, but he plays the type of game that can easily get him in foul trouble if you have bad refs.In the 4th quarter, I thought the refs let HF get away with a little too much contact as they were pressuring to try to catch up, but I also thought the refs let some plays underneath go uncalled on both sides.As active as Z is contesting shots and rebounding, whenever he doesn't get in foul trouble, I can't complain about the refs too much. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He is a junior.

Wow, he is definitely a D1 prospect next year. Does he have the grades and ACT to go anywhere?

I didn't think it was one-sided. Typical "high school ref bad", but not one-sided. I have observed that when you have very quick and athletic teams playing in HS, the officiating does seem worse because the game is faster and that exposes poor officials.At least they didn't take the game away from the players by calling fouls on good defensive plays.They missed some call, but they always do. Anderson had to sit a while because of a bad call, but he plays the type of game that can easily get him in foul trouble if you have bad refs.In the 4th quarter, I thought the refs let HF get away with a little too much contact as they were pressuring to try to catch up, but I also thought the refs let some plays underneath go uncalled on both sides.As active as Z is contesting shots and rebounding, whenever he doesn't get in foul trouble, I can't complain about the refs too much. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Wow, he is definitely a D1 prospect next year. Does he have the grades and ACT to go anywhere?

Yes, easily