LA @ Upperman

DaKing15643

Interesting game tonight. Just wondering if anyone else was thinking what i was while watching this game. Station Camp was upset in the tournament and this would put the winner of this game in their bracket. From what i hear you don't want to play them cause of the 6'4 Jenkins kid who verbally commited to vandy. I realize neither team played very well tonight but Uppermans game plan was rather strange to me. First I noticed that Cameron Jones started off the night playing really well. I think he had eight points in the first quarter or something like that. However he came out of the game not to return at all in the second half.. Ethan Christian, who after watching the team play tonight, i would call Upperman's best BASKETBALL player didn't even get off the bench in the first half. (he was in the game however when the comback took place and hit the big three toward the end of the game). Kelsey Hamlett the teams best rebounder played about 30 seconds all night long??? Dustin Baxter played a really bad game, it was like he couldn't stand up or something. Oh and Carrin Nash has to learn to kick the ball out when he is covered before he will become a good basketball player. I'm not bashing any of the kids just posting what i have witnessed watching this team play. it is my opinion so don't take it too serious. I have no idea what was going on and i was dumbfounded during the game. Livingston i felt played very bad tonight, however why did they get out of the press in the first half when we couldn't even cross half court??? With christian on the bench in the first half that press was killing us and they just suddenly backed off when they got up by 10. Well, good luck to both teams in regions and look forward to hearing some posts!!

Wow...that was almost a bash on both coaches in the same post. lol. Don't get that very often. Anyways back to something that matters...like the game and the upcoming game. Congrats to LA on winning yet another District Championship in the COACH MELTON ERA....Back to back to back I believe...It has been quite some time since that has happened last I believe....can someone check me on that as to when it actually has happened before now. Also, congrats to Upperman on making it to the championship game and getting to HOST that region tournament game that will be BIG. I would LOVE to see Upperman and LA again @ DCA for the Region Championship. Good Luck to LA AND UPPERMAN in the upcoming region tournament. Also can anyone list the all tournaments for at least these 2 teams.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, incredible game. Hard fought til the very end. A few quick observations:

1) Great comeback by the Bees. They forced some things on defense, but unfortunately forced some things on offense as well. Which leads us to....

2) There would have been no need to force that last 3pt'er if even HALF of those open misses had gone in. It looks like Upperman had the gameplan to win this thing. The shots just didnt fall. And they were open shots. Great job by all, sometimes they just dont hit the bottom of the bucket.

3) Great effort by LA to withstand the Upperman comeback and keep this in the win column. Excellent team, a certainly a team win tonight. Good job.

4) Great fans on both sides of this game. I am looking forward to the next rematch.

5) This is not sour grapes, because if Upperman took care of item #2 here, then they would have won. Period. But I have to say, there were some serious mistakes in the Officiating. Some things that were not called, some things that were called. But, I was impressed that they got together on that last call on the Upperman end, and changed the call. That took cooperation, teamwork, and balls on the part of the officiating crew, and you get my thumbsup for that one!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Interesting game tonight. Just wondering if anyone else was thinking what i was while watching this game. Station Camp was upset in the tournament and this would put the winner of this game in their bracket. From what i hear you don't want to play them cause of the 6'4 Jenkins kid who verbally commited to vandy. I realize neither team played very well tonight but Uppermans game plan was rather strange to me. First I noticed that Cameron Jones started off the night playing really well. I think he had eight points in the first quarter or something like that. However he came out of the game not to return at all in the second half.. Ethan Christian, who after watching the team play tonight, i would call Upperman's best BASKETBALL player didn't even get off the bench in the first half. (he was in the game however when the comback took place and hit the big three toward the end of the game). Kelsey Hamlett the teams best rebounder played about 30 seconds all night long??? Dustin Baxter played a really bad game, it was like he couldn't stand up or something. Oh and Carrin Nash has to learn to kick the ball out when he is covered before he will become a good basketball player. I'm not bashing any of the kids just posting what i have witnessed watching this team play. it is my opinion so don't take it too serious. I have no idea what was going on and i was dumbfounded during the game. Livingston i felt played very bad tonight, however why did they get out of the press in the first half when we couldn't even cross half court??? With christian on the bench in the first half that press was killing us and they just suddenly backed off when they got up by 10. Well, good luck to both teams in regions and look forward to hearing some posts!!

Good game, Upperman made a great come run. LA needs to take better care of the ball. Turnovers killed them. I thought Clint West did a great job defensing Dustin Baxter. Dustin is a great playerbut didn't score much last night.Good Luck to both teams in the regionals.

Good game, Upperman made a great comeback run. LA needs to take better care of the ball. Turnovers killed them. I thought Clint West did a great job defensing Dustin Baxter. Dustin is a great player but didn't score much last night.Good Luck to both teams in the regionals.

Beefan23, why don't you just stop! If you are a true ???bee fan??? you would not get on here and talk about "OUR" team like that. All players have good and bad nights. You are talking about crap Dustin and Carrin when they are a big part of our team!!!! You have made that very obvious that you are all about Ethan but you are not going to build him up in anyone??™s eyes by putting down his team mates!! Ethan is a good guy he would not want you doing this and if he knew who you were he WOULD tell you to stop. I don't always understand what McWilliams is doing but he is the coach for a reason. I'm sure if you were the coach you would do much better! Yeah right! Just for the record your comment about "Carrin Nash has to learn to kick the ball out when he is covered before he will become a good basketball player" The last I checked He is a good ball player. He has respect everywhere he goes, all the coaches we play give him that. One stupid "fan" wants to call him out for playing his game the way any coach would tell him to do. Just so you know that tells me enough about your knowledge of the game and it shows me it is powered by jealously!!!!! You have the right to say what ever you want but I hope anyone who reads this knows YOU DON'T REPRESENT UPPERMAN BEES!!!!!

I will add that I thought LA didn't play their "A" game like I have seen twice this year. This was an ok game till after half then it became exciting! Carrin was the standout of this game to me! I think LA has a great team & coach. I think their coach is HOT to!

GO BEES!!!!!!

WOW, incredible game. Hard fought til the very end. A few quick observations:

1) Great comeback by the Bees. They forced some things on defense, but unfortunately forced some things on offense as well. Which leads us to....

2) There would have been no need to force that last 3pt'er if even HALF of those open misses had gone in. It looks like Upperman had the gameplan to win this thing. The shots just didnt fall. And they were open shots. Great job by all, sometimes they just dont hit the bottom of the bucket.

3) Great effort by LA to withstand the Upperman comeback and keep this in the win column. Excellent team, a certainly a team win tonight. Good job.

4) Great fans on both sides of this game. I am looking forward to the next rematch.

5) This is not sour grapes, because if Upperman took care of item #2 here, then they would have won. Period. But I have to say, there were some serious mistakes in the Officiating. Some things that were not called, some things that were called. But, I was impressed that they got together on that last call on the Upperman end, and changed the call. That took cooperation, teamwork, and balls on the part of the officiating crew, and you get my thumbsup for that one!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

officiating was terrible, well comical on both ends. Kudos for the change at the end cause it was out on us. but as far as the non sour grapes comment.. LA had the chance to put it away early, and went cold.. Bees are one those teams that you cant let hang around for to long or they ll slip right by you..which almost happened last night. LA played probably 10 good min last night. bottom line is if la wants to go far, then they better step up a few things.

1-REBOUND (every1)

2-get after, scrappy, like the 4th qtr against the bees.( fun to watch)

3-Better post play, on both ends. posts aint gotta score everytime they touch it, inside out, work the ball, have to be stronger, actually get low and post up!! work dam**T !! they couldnt stop Ramsey if he'd just play.

4-Spacing on offense, lettin two ppl guard one? why

5-dont get to caught up in being so strict in runnin plays, i say we spread it out and flash and cut alot cause we have great speed and shooters. penetrate and kick.

6-know your role, dont try to do to much, we gotta great team. 5 threats are harder to guard than 2.

lol there are my two cents /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO GET IT LA !!

good luck

Beefan23, why don't you just stop! If you are a true ???bee fan??? you would not get on here and talk about "OUR" team like that. All players have good and bad nights. You are talking about crap Dustin and Carrin when they are a big part of our team!!!! You have made that very obvious that you are all about Ethan but you are not going to build him up in anyone??™s eyes by putting down his team mates!! Ethan is a good guy he would not want you doing this and if he knew who you were he WOULD tell you to stop. I don't always understand what McWilliams is doing but he is the coach for a reason. I'm sure if you were the coach you would do much better! Yeah right! Just for the record your comment about "Carrin Nash has to learn to kick the ball out when he is covered before he will become a good basketball player" The last I checked He is a good ball player. He has respect everywhere he goes, all the coaches we play give him that. One stupid "fan" wants to call him out for playing his game the way any coach would tell him to do. Just so you know that tells me enough about your knowledge of the game and it shows me it is powered by jealously!!!!! You have the right to say what ever you want but I hope anyone who reads this knows YOU DON'T REPRESENT UPPERMAN BEES!!!!!

I will add that I thought LA didn't play their "A" game like I have seen twice this year. This was an ok game till after half then it became exciting! Carrin was the standout of this game to me! I think LA has a great team & coach. I think their coach is HOT to!

GO BEES!!!!!!

Good response, sometimes you have to keep them fan's in check..Would like to tell ya I talked to Ethan's Mom and she don't know who is doing it either she said someone told her about it and I agree maybe that this dude needs to slack up on the rally for Ethan, he is a big boy and he can take care of his own bussiness. Just maybe he needs to recooperate a lil more and save him down the road..You can bet he will get more playing time when it gets the right time... STRATEGY

Oh yea, the comment of Melton being HOT /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> only thing about him that is HOT is his Team and his temper /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just had to poke at him a lil!!! Just kidding Richard!!

officiating was terrible, well comical on both ends. Kudos for the change at the end cause it was out on us. but as far as the non sour grapes comment.. LA had the chance to put it away early, and went cold.. Bees are one those teams that you cant let hang around for to long or they ll slip right by you..which almost happened last night. LA played probably 10 good min last night. bottom line is if la wants to go far, then they better step up a few things.

1-REBOUND (every1)

3-Better post play, on both ends. posts aint gotta score everytime they touch it, inside out, work the ball, have to be stronger, actually get low and post up!! work dam**T !! they couldnt stop Ramsey if he'd just play.

5-dont get to caught up in being so strict in runnin plays, i say we spread it out and flash and cut alot cause we have great speed and shooters. penetrate and kick.

6-know your role, dont try to do to much, we gotta great team. 5 threats are harder to guard than 2.

lol there are my two cents /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO GET IT LA !!

good luck

I can honestly say that this was not the best game I have seen out of LA this year. But I didnt want to say any of this because I didnt want to sound like I was bashing your team. I dont ever want to get into that.

Good Luck, Im certain we will meet again this season!!

1-REBOUND (every1)

GO GET IT LA !!

good luck

Coach Melton will need a notepad to keep up with all of that. lol. I'm sure he will take care of things in his own way. GO LA. A win is a win.

I agree with the "scrappy" part though.

GO BEES!!!!!!

First off i'd like to say good response. after reading my post this morning i realized I shouldn't post anything on here that soon after a hard tough loss. Anyways, my appologies to anyone if i have offended them. I should have worded things better about carrin nash, because i believe he is a good player, i should have said it would make him a great player. yes ethan is a good guy, and i'll leave it at that. i just wanted to see more of him in the game. i guess i should let that rest now... sorry. to say my knowledge of the game is powered by jealousy is a little much though, seeing how i have no close ties to the team. just been a upperman fan for many years. as for the game it was a great game between two great teams. I think they both will have their hands full in the region however. but who knows we may have a rematch.. hope my earlier comments can be forgotten as i only wish the best for the bees, and that wasn't the way to do it. thanks.

shouldnt abby be in class right now? What is she doing here on the internet during class time???

Inquiring minds want to know!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good response, sometimes you have to keep them fan's in check..Would like to tell ya I talked to Ethan's Mom and she don't know who is doing it either she said someone told her about it and I agree maybe that this dude needs to slack up on the rally for Ethan, he is a big boy and he can take care of his own bussiness. Just maybe he needs to recooperate a lil more and save him down the road..You can bet he will get more playing time when it gets the right time... STRATEGY

Oh yea, the comment of Melton being HOT /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> only thing about him that is HOT is his Team and his temper /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just had to poke at him a lil!!! Just kidding Richard!!

Kind of a side note on how different peoples perception of different players are - How in the world do they go about choosing All-Distirct / All - Tournament teams. Evidently it must not be about true stats. My numbers might be a little off but I believe there were 34 players on the All - District List. If there are 7 teams in the district and say around 8 players that actually get much playing time that's 56 kids. That means over 60% of the players made the all distric list. I'm all for the kids getting some recognition, it just seems like it cheapens the whole thing. I believe the coach's award is the same way.

shouldnt abby be in class right now? What is she doing here on the internet during class time???Inquiring minds want to know!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Come on Gator! I will just say I have my ways. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> If I told you then I would get in trouble. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Go Bees!!!!!

First off i'd like to say good response. after reading my post this morning i realized I shouldn't post anything on here that soon after a hard tough loss. Anyways, my appologies to anyone if i have offended them. I should have worded things better about carrin nash, because i believe he is a good player, i should have said it would make him a great player. yes ethan is a good guy, and i'll leave it at that. i just wanted to see more of him in the game. i guess i should let that rest now... sorry. to say my knowledge of the game is powered by jealousy is a little much though, seeing how i have no close ties to the team. just been a upperman fan for many years. as for the game it was a great game between two great teams. I think they both will have their hands full in the region however. but who knows we may have a rematch.. hope my earlier comments can be forgotten as i only wish the best for the bees, and that wasn't the way to do it. thanks.

I am glad you see that it was wrong. You may not be powered by jealousy but thats how you came across.Go Bees!!!!!