What will it take for DC to host a tournament

DC2010

As long as evrything is above board who cares. I heard all these same rumors about Bolivar for the last few years and nothing was ever proven just as I suspect nothing will be proven here. I don't have a dog in this hunt but something was obviously wrong at DBurg. If it was the former coach so be it, it's time to move on. They have a new coach now, although it isn't the coach they were courting in the first place. They went hard after Bolivars coach and he chose to stay at Bolivar for his own reasons. I hope for the best for all our Schools. Sometimes things get overheated on here. If you have proof show it otherwise don't spread rumors. Go to the TSSAA and let them decide. Rumors and character assanation is absolutley deplorable in my book. It has ruined a many good people without any proof. Remeber these are HighSchool kids and Coaches.

I agree, but it just gets old hearing the same things over and over again.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the first time DC has gone through accusations.....can't count the # of threads this has been brought up in. Everything has been found to be by the book. Kids LEFT D'burg because of politics ..nothing more nothing less. Just absolutely kills some that DC has become a force to be reckoned with...in more than one sport. Dang...just let it die. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have something to say right now about recruiting and have evidence to back it up but I'll keep it quiet because it might bring an uproar. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I'm generous.

GC-- I'ts obvious you don't know anything --- or you would have already said it! do you just like attention? Every school has recruited in some form or fashion! Heck-- There is a USJ add in the dyersburg newspaper------- is that recruiting? get real- how could a coach really recruit - in home visits? money? gurantee playing tim? lets get real! Im sure GC thinks everyone recruits their kids but really they just want to go play and win! Give a example of how a coach may recruit---- i've heard of giving their parents a job at the school but buying houses cars renting apts. would be to easy to catch ask reggie bush. so enlighten us all knowingly

This is not the first time DC has gone through accusations.....can't count the # of threads this has been brought up in. Everything has been found to be by the book. Kids LEFT D'burg because of politics ..nothing more nothing less. Just absolutely kills some that DC has become a force to be reckoned with...in more than one sport. Dang...just let it die.

Isn't it funny that when schools are in their down years you never hear a thing. I done some research on my own about the DC coach. He was very sucsessful in Misouri (Scott County I beleive and went to a bigger school with less sucsess) and moved to TN because his wife had family in Memphis. Never any questions about his ethics as long as he has been coaching as far as I can tell.Lot's of times sucess breads contempt from the other side even when you are doing your best to run a clean program and mentor these kids. It's hard to explain but some people let there judgment get clouded simply because they prefer one school to the other. Good Post.

GC-- I'ts obvious you don't know anything --- or you would have already said it! do you just like attention? Every school has recruited in some form or fashion! Heck-- There is a USJ add in the dyersburg newspaper------- is that recruiting? get real- how could a coach really recruit - in home visits? money? gurantee playing tim? lets get real! Im sure GC thinks everyone recruits their kids but really they just want to go play and win! Give a example of how a coach may recruit---- i've heard of giving their parents a job at the school but buying houses cars renting apts. would be to easy to catch ask reggie bush. so enlighten us all knowingly

gc has something. and he does know a lot. but im pretty sure what hes talking about isnt true. get off his back.

Kojak, I have one simple question for you since you seem to know so much. A simple YES or NO. (be careful of how you answer, because I already know the answer).

Have the Dyersburg Trojans ( in any sport ) ever recruited or tried to recruit a player or coach away from Dyer Co. ?

volman, I won't even try to answer a simpleton question like the one above. I'll try to keep what I have to say simple enough so that maybe even you should be able to understand.

First, "you seem to know so much"----I only comment on or make statements on what I KNOW to be factual. IMHO what little I do know leaves you lightyears behind eating heel dust.

Second, My recent comments on here where the word recruiting was mentioned was intended for one purpose and one purpose only. Now here is where I feel the necessity to type much slower so that you can read it at your reduced level. It's impossible for the word recruiting to be mentioned without me immediately thinking of Buzzard and all the havoc( volman--wide destruction/confusion)he created. GC referred,in a previous post, that sometimes recruiting is done without everyone's knowledge. In Buzzard's case,both he and Lonnie were equally aware. Unfortunately, the '''everyone" not aware was the DC administration and the Choctaw fans. The loyal DC fans and the athletic teams had to pay the price for his unethical and dishonest behavior. As I have stated in earlier post(s), he should been forced to make a public apology to all who were effected by his actions.

I've changed my mind--I'm going to answer your question,but I'm going to limit it to boys basketball because it's the only one I feel confident in responding. As for players, for the past 15-so years I would say absolutely--NO.

The second part of your question(re coach) I don't see falling into the category of recruiting. There seems to be a feeling at DC that DHS tried to hire your boys coach. Without factual info, all I could give you would be a personal opinion. So, in my own personal opinion, I don't think there's a snowball's chance that this happened.

volman, I won't even try to answer a simpleton question like the one above. I'll try to keep what I have to say simple enough so that maybe even you should be able to understand.

First, "you seem to know so much"----I only comment on or make statements on what I KNOW to be factual. IMHO what little I do know leaves you lightyears behind eating heel dust.

Second, My recent comments on here where the word recruiting was mentioned was intended for one purpose and one purpose only. Now here is where I feel the necessity to type much slower so that you can read it at your reduced level. It's impossible for the word recruiting to be mentioned without me immediately thinking of Buzzard and all the havoc( volman--wide destruction/confusion)he created. GC referred,in a previous post, that sometimes recruiting is done without everyone's knowledge. In Buzzard's case,both he and Lonnie were equally aware. Unfortunately, the '''everyone" not aware was the DC administration and the Choctaw fans. The loyal DC fans and the athletic teams had to pay the price for his unethical and dishonest behavior. As I have stated in earlier post(s), he should been forced to make a public apology to all who were effected by his actions.

I've changed my mind--I'm going to answer your question,but I'm going to limit it to boys basketball because it's the only one I feel confident in responding. As for players, for the past 15-so years I would say absolutely--NO.

The second part of your question(re coach) I don't see falling into the category of recruiting. There seems to be a feeling at DC that DHS tried to hire your boys coach. Without factual info, all I could give you would be a personal opinion. So, in my own personal opinion, I don't think there's a snowball's chance that this happened.

kojac--- we did recruit randy coffman to DHS and we knew he could get strayhorn (her dad) to come to! FACT!!!! We recruited a QB by giving the parent a job so like i said everyone does it and trust me when I say this------- GC has no factual information it's all hype

Gee wiz. It did take me about a half hour to get thru that, but i made it. Thanks for the slowhand.

First, you did not answer my question although I do appreciate your honesty in saying you don`t know about the other sports.

Secondly, It may be getting a little dusty where I`m sitting, but I asked that simple question for one good reason. Just like you claim to know about "the buzzard", I know the FACTS about my question as well. Maybe it`s time to call it a draw, a truce, or whatever as I do appreciate the kind words you threw into your post. I`m through with this subject at hand. Good luck to the Trojans and the Choctaws tonight.

kojac--- we did recruit randy coffman to DHS and we knew he could get strayhorn (her dad) to come to! FACT!!!! We recruited a QB by giving the parent a job so like i said everyone does it and trust me when I say this------- GC has no factual information it's all hype

haha yeah it is hype.

and what a fine way to get a great quarterback and an outstanding guidance counselor at the same time /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

lol

I think my post was very clear. Go back and re-read. I gave my opinion on BOYS basketball ONLY. I also expressed my opinion on coaches. Oh did Tim Strayhorn come to DHS? Man, that wall is full of simpletons--they just keep rolling out.LOL

Are you to impersonate a DHS fan?

Gee wiz. It did take me about a half hour to get thru that, but i made it. Thanks for the slowhand.

First, you did not answer my question although I do appreciate your honesty in saying you don`t know about the other sports.

Secondly, It may be getting a little dusty where I`m sitting, but I asked that simple question for one good reason. Just like you claim to know about "the buzzard", I know the FACTS about my question as well. Maybe it`s time to call it a draw, a truce, or whatever as I do appreciate the kind words you threw into your post. I`m through with this subject at hand. Good luck to the Trojans and the Choctaws tonight.

Hey volman, Ill keep this short. My 110% feeling about "information" is that if there is factual info I'd be the first to say get it to the people that are in a position to pursue, then let the chips fall where they may. CHEATERS are CHEATERS no matter what color they wear!

Yea the fight was against Obion but nothing was done but players suspended. He had 4 heart attacks in less tha 24 hrs. I love how people talk what they don't know. Coach Starks was the actual culprit of the bus incident and there is absolutley no way Mrs. Dodds took up for Coach Hopkins see didn't like him and was the reason he retired.

Hey 7954 you are a prime example of "talk what they don't know". If you think Lonnie was the culprit in 'the bus incident" you are as wrong as you can be. I was at DMS the night this thing happened. I don't have to ask anyone or try to act informed by quoting somethin someone told me . Hopson was 100% the root of the problem--totally responsible for the results. As for Mrs. Dodds, what I quoted in my post is exactly as it was reported in the State Gazette. If you want to poat on here and expect to have credibility get your facts straight. Go straight to the horse's mouth--ask Peggy D. how she explained it!