Showdown in ???B??? town ??“ Round #2

DUKnowDaGame?

The reality is the last time I checked neither Bartlett nor Millington have even made it to the AAA state tournament in recent years, much less competed for the title.

I personally think Millington has a lot to be proud of ???no matter what happens??? the balance of the season. They are number 1 in the state and nationally ranked and didn??™t travel all over the country to get ranked! They went from a bad team to a great team (without recruiting / just his area players). The discussion on this thread was about the two teams and A particular game, situations and views. As I stated ???1??? loss for Millington means nothing. It was not a comparison thread to Middle Tenn teams ??“ which are all definitely great proven teams. Bartlett has fell short the last two years in getting to the Boro to a very talented Northside team (which is certainly no embarrassment) and who knows what is going to happen this year?????? If I was an outsider looking in I would be putting my money on 16AAA based on their past history.

Thanks for your concern and hopefully Lausanne can bring that gold ball to the Memphis area!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reality is the last time I checked neither Bartlett nor Millington have even made it to the AAA state tournament in recent years, much less competed for the title. So before either you or coachgat get too ahead of yourselves and declare yourselves up there will Mt Juliet, Shelbyville, Wilson Central, Cleveland, and Oak Ridge, you might want to make sure you take care business here at home, and get the opportunity to prove yourselves. East, Northside, and Central as well as White Station, Germantown and Houston might have a little something to say about all of this before it is all said and done. I hope that gold ball ends up in Memphis, but neither Bartlett or Millington have played anyone yet of the caliber of the AAA powers in the rest of the state

+

My goodnes, it's like we have coachgat in stereo now...lol. Seriously, while it is all well and fine for a school's coach and a family member to get on coacht and praise their teams and players, you won't reach your goals by bragging on coacht. Now begins the real season and what you have or haven't done or what you say doesn't mean a thing. The reality is the last time I checked neither Bartlett nor Millington have even made it to the AAA state tournament in recent years, much less competed for the title. So before either you or coachgat get too ahead of yourselves and declare yourselves up there will Mt Juliet, Shelbyville, Wilson Central, Cleveland, and Oak Ridge, you might want to make sure you take care business here at home, and get the opportunity to prove yourselves. East, Northside, and Central as well as White Station, Germantown and Houston might have a little something to say about all of this before it is all said and done. I hope that gold ball ends up in Memphis, but neither Bartlett or Millington have played anyone yet of the caliber of the AAA powers in the rest of the state. I wish both of you well, and hopefully there will be plenty of people on this site over the next few weeks singing your praises.

+

Elitebball,

I am not feeling the love in your post. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> One would think you would be a little more supportive of the 2 teams since a total of 6 players represent your AAU organization and represent it well. What coachgat and DU are doing now by praising their respective teams and 14AAA is not any different than what you do during the AAU basketball season. Cut them some slack and don't be so critical of the teams. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> These young ladies have and are working very hard to have a successful season and don't need the reminder from you or anyone else that they have not made it to the state tournament. They are more than aware of this fact. I tell you what, if the cards (or games) are played right and both teams make it to the state tournament we will be happy to have you jump on the 14AAA bandwagon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Elitebball,

I am not feeling the love in your post. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> One would think you would be a little more supportive of the 2 teams since a total of 6 players represent your AAU organization and represent it well. What coachgat and DU are doing now by praising their respective teams and 14AAA is not any different than what you do during the AAU basketball season. Cut them some slack and don't be so critical of the teams. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> These young ladies have and are working very hard to have a successful season and don't need the reminder from you or anyone else that they have not made it to the state tournament. They are more than aware of this fact. I tell you what, if the cards (or games) are played right and both teams make it to the state tournament we will be happy to have you jump on the 14AAA bandwagon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

[/quote

Mama bear, i know better than to rile you up. Just to clarify, I'm not being critical of the girls at all. Both teams are full of great girls who are talented basketball players. Many as you point out play aau with the Elite, and we love them win, lose, or draw.

I will be the first one to congratulate either one of these teams when they bring back the gold ball or make a strong showing at states. That won't be jumping on the bandwagon, it will just be waiting until at least the wagon leaves the station. The post was intended to let the coach and the dad know there's too much gum flapping going on, and at this point we haven't even started the district tournament. It's one thing to congratulate the girls and the team on a great win, but it's getting a little overboard. Maybe it's best to let the play on the court prove the point, and let others comment on how good the teams and players are. Just a thought......

And for the record, i think whichever 2 teams come out of the regional have a great chance to make some noise in the Boro.....

I personally think Millington has a lot to be proud of ???no matter what happens??? the balance of the season. They are number 1 in the state and nationally ranked and didn??™t travel all over the country to get ranked! They went from a bad team to a great team (without recruiting / just his area players). The discussion on this thread was about the two teams and A particular game, situations and views. As I stated ???1??? loss for Millington means nothing. It was not a comparison thread to Middle Tenn teams ??“ which are all definitely great proven teams. Bartlett has fell short the last two years in getting to the Boro to a very talented Northside team (which is certainly no embarrassment) and who knows what is going to happen this year?????? If I was an outsider looking in I would be putting my money on 16AAA based on their past history.

Thanks for your concern and hopefully Lausanne can bring that gold ball to the Memphis area!

Your post declared Bartlett as one of the best AAA teams in the state after going on and on and on and on about a certain player. I agree it is great what Millington has done and that they have been ranked #1 in the AP poll. I am a big fan of their team and a big fan of the player on your team you talk about. My point is first things first, make it to the state tournament, and then you will have the opportunity to show what you got. And if that happens, let the others out there comment on how great the team and the player are.

Your little digs about Lausanne don't deserve a reply. The same rules apply to them, they have had to earn their respect and if they don't get it done on the court, then all of the rankings and accolades will fall short of the ultimate goal.

It should be a great regional tournament in AAA, and I hope whoever comes out of Memphis brings home the ball......

Last I checked Elitebball, coachgat hasn't said anything about us being great! I said that we shot horribly and that's all. Nowhere can I remember that I said anything about us winning anything. What I feel and aspire to do wasn't mentioned at all. It's obvious that we want to win the state and all that comes between but I didn't say anything in this post about that.

Last I checked Elitebball, coachgat hasn't said anything about us being great! I said that we shot horribly and that's all. Nowhere can I remember that I said anything about us winning anything. What I feel and aspire to do wasn't mentioned at all. It's obvious that we want to win the state and all that comes between but I didn't say anything in this post about that.

You are 100% correct Coachgat! (Can you believe we are actually in agreement?).

I posted that Millington was a GREAT team and I am still sticking to that statement. I posted that Bartlett was just as competitive as anyone else in the state and I am sticking to that statement. Fortunately this is CoachT.com where you have the right to voice your opinion on and on and on and on! Maybe Elitebball can start his own message board so he can sensor the content and usuage. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are 100% correct Coachgat! (Can you believe we are actually in agreement?).

I posted that Millington was a GREAT team and I am still sticking to that statement. I posted that Bartlett was just as competitive as anyone else in the state and I am sticking to that statement. Fortunately this is CoachT.com where you have the right to voice your opinion on and on and on and on! Maybe Elitebball can start his own message board so he can sensor the content and usuage. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Or maybe start a thread about how well Lausanne is doing......but they should just prove it on the floor I guess. Heaven forbid anybody talk about it.