9AA Tourney

CPA4Ever

Even though CPA dominated regular season play, their margin of victory against HF and East Lit. showed there is a lot of talent and good teams in 9AA. The tourney won't be a "cakewalk" for CPA.

Some things to consider:

- MLK is a good team and playing at home. They will be dangerous.

- Anyone know who is #2 seed?

- #1 and #2 seeds will win first game, but whoever draws MLK in the 2nd round at MLK, that could be an upset.

- #3 and #4 seeds may not win their first game as they have to play either MLK or HF. Even playing at home, they could get upset. So, they don't make region tourney.

- IMO, District 9 is stronger at the top than District 10, so I think District 9 has a good shot at a state tourney team this year.

As a side note, congrats to my CPA Lions for going undefeated in Tennessee. They lost to 2 AAAAA teams in Georgia (one of those is having a very good year), and Mason County, KY - the #4 team in Kentucky (21-3). But, that means nothing at tourney time. The difference in HS and college tourneys though is that you only have to win 1 district game, and 2 region games to get to the substate.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though CPA dominated regular season play... The tourney won't be a "cakewalk" for CPA.

- IMO, District 9 is stronger at the top than District 10, so I think District 9 has a good shot at a state tourney team this year.

CPA has to be a huge favorite. As it has been all year long the Mason kid gives them the X factor or should I say the Z factor. It is really interesting how one player changes the complexion of an entire district. I think the only other two teams capable of winning three in the district tourney are Lipscomb and Cohn. Maybe MLK playing at home, but they have been beat at home this year even if they can get back to home after the 1st round.

Is the opinion of District 10 based on seeing Marshall and Giles County play this year?

CPA has to be a huge favorite. As it has been all year long the Mason kid gives them the X factor or should I say the Z factor. It is really interesting how one player changes the complexion of an entire district. I think the only other two teams capable of winning three in the district tourney are Lipscomb and Cohn. Maybe MLK playing at home, but they have been beat at home this year even if they can get back to home after the 1st round.

Is the opinion of District 10 based on seeing Marshall and Giles County play this year?

My opinion of District 10 is simply that-an opinon. Didn't see Marshall and Giles County play, but based on their season results, Marshall County has been more impressive than Giles, yet they have had some close wins over some very average teams and lost to a very good 1A team, Culleoka, twice.

Granted, Culleoka is very good, but Hume Fogg played Culleoka tough at Culleoka, so I can't imagine Culleoka beating Lipscomb or CPA. I expect Marshall and Giles County to be a notch below the top of District 9, but anything can happen in the Region tourney. Doesn't seem fair that District 10 gets to host the region 2 years in a row. What's up with that?

I think the District is CPA's to lose. They have to know they are the hunted and can't take any team for granted. They have been a little lazy the past few games on the defensive end and rebounding and it showed against Hume Fogg and East Lit. Again as I have said before if they concentrate on one game at a time and don't look past any opponent, they have a good chance of winning District and Region. However if they think they just have to show up and they win, their season could end very abruptly as the competition in 9AA and 10AA is just to tough to take any team lightly.

Even though CPA dominated regular season play, their margin of victory against HF and East Lit. showed there is a lot of talent and good teams in 9AA. The tourney won't be a "cakewalk" for CPA.

Some things to consider:

- MLK is a good team and playing at home. They will be dangerous.

- Anyone know who is #2 seed?

- #1 and #2 seeds will win first game, but whoever draws MLK in the 2nd round at MLK, that could be an upset.

- #3 and #4 seeds may not win their first game as they have to play either MLK or HF. Even playing at home, they could get upset. So, they don't make region tourney.

As a side note, congrats to my CPA Lions for going undefeated in Tennessee. They lost to 2 AAAAA teams in Georgia (one of those is having a very good year), and Mason County, KY - the #4 team in Kentucky (21-3). But, that means nothing at tourney time. The difference in HS and college tourneys though is that you only have to win 1 district game, and 2 region games to get to the substate.

My Darkhorse is FRA

I think TSSAA made a ruling before last season to make region sites simply based on a central geographic location or something along those lines.

If that's true, it's a stupid ruling, unless they put it at a neutral site. If there is going to be a home court advantage, it needs to be rotated. What if Spring Hill was the best team in the region - can you imagine the outcry there would be with them hosting the region 2 years in a row?