9AA Tourney

CPA4Ever

Lipscomb did the only thing they could do tonight to have a prayer of winning. Stand around and NOT play against CPA. Although, I can't fault the game plan. Most likely the only way to win against CPA.

My question is: How do you go undefeated in the State and the District and NOT be coach of the year? Sounds like a a bunch of veteran coaches who are jealous of, almost rookie, Drew Maddux. Come on guys, give me a flippin' break. However, FRA does have a great coach as well. Congrats to him anyway.

Congrats to CPA and Drew Maddux for a special season.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as the students were in in the game? Are students the only ones allowed to be in the game now?

sarcasm

Maybe the students are the "great role models"

/sarcasm

Well, yes it's always been that way, they really are the only ones allowed in the game. If that wasn't the case, I think we would have seen Maddox lace up his shoes and play for CPA or Pierce for FRA.

Seriously a grown man, a role model doing that? That's not what it's about...

Lipscomb did the only thing they could do tonight to have a prayer of winning. Stand around and NOT play against CPA. Although, I can't fault the game plan. Most likely the only way to win against CPA.

My question is: How do you go undefeated in the State and the District and NOT be coach of the year? Sounds like a a bunch of veteran coaches who are jealous of, almost rookie, Drew Maddux. Come on guys, give me a flippin' break. However, FRA does have a great coach as well. Congrats to him anyway.

Because coach of the year has more to do with what you do with the players given. I would that all but a few coaches in the district could win a whole lot with CPA's talent. That is not to say that FRA does not have talent, obviously they do, but I think everyone can agree that CPA is the better team.

1000% agree with everything you said

were you at that game? everyone who was there knows DL won on the putback. You'd be lying to say they didnt. CPA is full of themselves and is def not good enough to win state i dont know how they havent realized that yet. they could if z played hard but he is very lazy in my opinion.

In the first overtime the put back never went in. It rolled over the top of the rim. In the second overtime the put back hit the bottom of the rim. Not sure where the winning put back came from that you said should have one the game for DL.

Well, yes it's always been that way, they really are the only ones allowed in the game. If that wasn't the case, I think we would have seen Maddox lace up his shoes and play for CPA or Pierce for FRA.

Seriously a grown man, a role model doing that? That's not what it's about...

Glad the brain is working there as I was talking about the students who were doing the flips too that were not cheerleaders. Since when is every grown man a role model anyways, its not like high school kids dont do stupid stuff on their own, not as if one man will make a difference.

Whatever moot point, agree to disagree, though my opinion is obviously the better one.

Glad the brain is working there as I was talking about the students who were doing the flips too that were not cheerleaders. Since when is every grown man a role model anyways, its not like high school kids dont do stupid stuff on their own, not as if one man will make a difference.

Whatever moot point, agree to disagree, though my opinion is obviously the better one.

That sounds a bit pessimistic

Because coach of the year has more to do with what you do with the players given. I would that all but a few coaches in the district could win a whole lot with CPA's talent. That is not to say that FRA does not have talent, obviously they do, but I think everyone can agree that CPA is the better team.

Give me a break. What more can you "do with the players given" than develop them since 7th grade, go undefeated in the District, including the tourney (who has ever done that in recent years?), and win every game against Tenn. opponents for the year? Coaching is the most important part of a high school team - more so than talent. You saw two great coaching jobs tonight (CPA and Lipscomb). Pierce is a good coach, but when you have a chance to recognize a coach for taking his team to an undefeated district record, you do it.

were you at that game? everyone who was there knows DL won on the putback. You'd be lying to say they didnt. CPA is full of themselves and is def not good enough to win state i dont know how they havent realized that yet. they could if z played hard but he is very lazy in my opinion.

I agree DL should have won that game. If they knew how to make a lay-up! Don't come on here saying that "you'd be lying to say that DL didn't win" when your team blew the game. Sure they had a great game-plan, give the coach a big pat on the back, and it was the best that anyone has played CPA all year. But please don't give any excuses when you know that your team missed pressure shot after pressure shot. Both teams played great. The coaches did a great job. The fans cheered proudly for their teams. Heck, even the refs let the kids decide the game. Every OT game ends with bitterness on the loosing side, and I know if I was a DL fan, I would be baffled at how we lost the game. But in the end, only one team can win, and tonight it was the team that made the big shots at the end. Thankfully for you, these teams will probably meet on a bigger stage in the Region Championship where your team has a chance to rectify this 3rd loss of the season to CPA.

p.s. Hats off to the FRA coach for the 9AA coach of the year award. Drew Maddox must have just been handed a team of Kobe Bryants and they really should win every game by 200 points. CPA is THAT GOOD they don't even need a coach. So it makes sense why the FRA coach won it. Because he coaches mortals that come within 29 points of CPA . /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i never want to hear another word about jake peterson he helped his shooting percentage going 100% from the field tonight (0-0) and had about 4 turnovers 0 assists maybe 1 rebound and got burned by whoever he guarded outside..... and all this in a half

anyway that was just bothering me but Coach Pierce of FRA has done great with the talent and size of the school he works with tip of the hat to him

KYLE REEVES ALL-DISTRICT? Someone like to explain how that happened is there no one else more worthy? (caleb simpson, jordan hawbaker, wayne cox) haha anyone really