Claiborne Loses School Record 20th Game of Season?

mrv1

Claiborne lost to Cocke Co. last night 54 - 29 for its 20th loss of the season.

We also beat Claiborne County at home last night. It was the first time that my daughter has beat them two times in a season. Our team did a good job stopping Nickel. Good luck to both teams. Our team and CC shoud both easily reach the district tournament finals.

We also beat Claiborne County at home last night. It was the first time that my daughter has beat them two times in a season. Our team did a good job stopping Nickel. Good luck to both teams. Our team and CC shoud both easily reach the district tournament finals.

Congratulations, but not a big accomplishment after this coach managed to run 10 of our girls, 4 of which would have probably been starters and one of them has Division 1 college talent. Hopefully next year there will be a new coach and the majority of the girls will return to the team.

As bad as the season has been, Claiborne has still managed to be hosting a first round regional tournament game. That has to say something for them, though I believe District 2 AA is way down this season. We shall see how they do in the first round games. I predicted a possible sweep for District 1, and I will stand by it, though Happy Valley has a tough chore in beating their former coach on the road.

Congratulations to the Claiborne girls who finished second in district play--- and to sophomore Ariel Nickell who was honored as Prep-xtra player by pro pick and by popular vote--- and to Coach Cook who was named co- coach of the year. The team showed consistent improvement and had a good strong finish.

District 1 almost pulled off the sweep. Elizabethton cruised over Claiborne, Unicoi Co. drilled Cumberland Gap, South Greene beat Pigeon Forge, and Happy Valley collapsed late in a one point loss to Gatlinburg Pittman. I believe South Greene will finish off Pittman in the semi-final to eliminate the final District 2 team. District one has had the upper hand for six or seven years and I expect it to continue for at least a few more seasons.

CycloneFan knows the details better than I, but I think I know the following:

2008- I believe District 1 will take the two top spots in the Region

2007- Elizabethton Regional Champ

2006- District 2 took the top two spots

2005- Elizabethton Regional Champ

2004- Elizabethton Regional Champ

2003- Unicoi Co. Regional Champ, Elizabethton Runner-up

I am not sure who the runners up were in 2007, 2005, and 2004. I believe it was South Greene, Pigeon Forge, and maybe Unicoi. However, other than 2006, when Pittman pulled a big upset over Elizabethton, it appears District 1 will have the champion in five of the last six seasons, with a couple of runner- ups as well. In my book, that is dominance.

2007 runner up was Claiborne

2005 runner up was Pigeon Forge

2004 runner up was South Greene

In 2002 Unicoi beat South Greene in the Regional Championship/

Going into this weeks games (where D1 has 3 of the 4 teams), district 1 has won 6 of the last 7 Region 1AA Championships. It will soon be 7 of the last 8 as Gatlinburg Pittman will not win this year.

I am not sure who the runners up were in 2007, 2005, and 2004. I believe it was South Greene, Pigeon Forge, and maybe Unicoi. However, other than 2006, when Pittman pulled a big upset over Elizabethton, it appears District 1 will have the champion in five of the last six seasons, with a couple of runner- ups as well. In my book, that is dominance.

2007 - region runner-up was Claiborne County

Congratulations to the Claiborne girls who finished second in district play--- and to sophomore Ariel Nickell who was honored as Prep-xtra player by pro pick and by popular vote--- and to Coach Cook who was named co- coach of the year. The team showed consistent improvement and had a good strong finish.

I agree with you, the girls do deserve congrats for ending the season better, but how in the world does a coach that lost over 20 games get co-coach of the year honors? That is beyond me. Her record over the past two years and the two programs she has destroyed stand out and speaks for itself. I, along with many others in the community hope that her coaching days at Claiborne are over.

2008- Elizabethton Regional Champions, South Greene Runner-up (Both District 1)