REGION 6-AAA / DISTRICT 11-AAA

CHS 2007

Yeah Coach, but so has everybody else in the district. Coach Johnson has owned the District in the last 5 years, especially since Troy has left, he is also a great coach.

Well it looks like phillyboy and Harrick are thumping ther chests again. Whay don't you try "DOMINATING" district 12-AAA, oh wait, you have tried that, you CAN'T!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout the Centennial and Indy Fans just realize that you have been dominated by Franklin in Basketball since Jay johnson has been the head coach!

JH, Now this is something we can agree on 100%. Jay Johnson is a great coach and more importantly, he is even a better person. The numbers don't lie and his dominance of District 11-AAA is not by accident.

Shut up BOY. I would say we pretty much did last year. If I remember correctly we both had a team make it to the Region championship, yes, we lost in the ship game. WE beat two D12 teams to get there, nice box out McGavock on Reed Glover. Whites Creek then took their over-rated Jamie Graham team and choked over in the Boro. Graham had a great year at Vandy this year. Another over-rated athlete from D12. We have a coach who will not leave to coach a loaded senior dominated team for one year because he could not close the deal at Whites Creek.

It's on baby!! Or are you going to go back under your rock like you usually do.

As much crap as I have read with you two going back and forth with one another I do not feel it is very appropriate of you PhillyFan to rag on Jamie Graham or any other young man on here by name.

Keep it as clean as you two can and don't slam on any of the kids (past or present), most including Graham don't deserve it.

Graham had a great year at Vandy this year. Another over-rated athlete from D12.

Graham redshirted in football, and made the Vandy basketball team as a walk-on. How many people in the country can play SEC football and basketball? Not many, I don't know of any that was doing that this year. So take your hatorade somewhere else. Phillyfan you are disrespectful and do not represent 11AAA very well.

CHS 2007, You really need to stick to basketball comparisons. Centennial does not have a leg to stand on in a football debate or being critical of Indy considering the following: Indy has completed only their 3rd year of Varsity football competition and have beaten CHS the last two years, combined score 68-19. Indy has beaten Franklin twice, a feat that CHS has never done in their 10-plus year history. Indy has also beaten every team in Region 6 at least once which CHS has not done. Lastly, Indy went to the State Finals in their 1st year in the playoffs and CHS has never been past the 2nd round. Enough said, CHS 2007, you often make very insightful posts. However, this just doesn't happen to be one of those occasions. Stick to basketball, that is what this thread is supposed to be about anyway.

Thanks, I really needed a history lesson of my own team. I was referring to the comment saying that Indy had no chance versus Smyrna, when I heard several people from Indy saying Smyrna was overrated.

As much crap as I have read with you two going back and forth with one another I do not feel it is very appropriate of you PhillyFan to rag on Jamie Graham or any other young man on here by name.

Keep it as clean as you two can and don't slam on any of the kids (past or present), most including Graham don't deserve it.

You are right. I was wrong for making that comment, I am justsick of Metro Ballin trying to stir things up on this 11AAA board. I am just falling into his little trap and coming down to his immature level. I will no longer be on Coach T. It is not worth getting upset over things said about a group of young men that we enjoy following. I am sure he is going to continue to make his little comments, but I will not be participating in his little game. Maybe Coach Harrick can step up and defend the Rebels for now on.

Thanks for pointing out my shortcomings Big Poppa. although I have seen you in action...you are no saint.

Top-seeded Franklin will play No. 3 Hillsboro in the boys championship at Ravenwood at 7:30 p.m. tonight. The last 11-AAA loss that Franklin suffered was in the championship game of the 2005 district tournament at the hands of Hillsboro.

Since then the Rebels have established a 54-game district win streak. They will push that streak to 55 if they can get past a hungry Hillsboro squad.

"We can't overlook the excitement that Hillsboro will bring," Franklin coach Jay Johnson said. "We stress to them not to get away from what made you successful ??” to take it as just another game."

The Rebels are playing in their fourth straight district tournament title game, going 2-1 in that span. While Franklin has built a dominant basketball tradition, the Rebels have done it with lots of different looks.

For the first two years, Donta Brown, Derek Anderson and Antonio Murry led the Rebels. Last season it was a senior-laden group with Ryan Glover and Derek Batt propelling Franklin into the sectional round of the postseason. A junior-laden bunch in Michael Young, Jamaul Starnes, Kevin Kegarise and Reed Glover leads this year's squad.

You are right. I was wrong for making that comment, I am justsick of Metro Ballin trying to stir things up on this 11AAA board. I am just falling into his little trap and coming down to his immature level. I will no longer be on Coach T. It is not worth getting upset over things said about a group of young men that we enjoy following. I am sure he is going to continue to make his little comments, but I will not be participating in his little game. Maybe Coach Harrick can step up and defend the Rebels for now on.

Thanks for pointing out my shortcomings Big Poppa. although I have seen you in action...you are no saint.

Your comments in the first paragraph ring hollow with your attack at the end... It is your perrogative to use Coacht when you see fit, I just feel that you need to think about things before you go after a young man who has worked very hard to succeed in life with a personal slam.

For the first two years, Donta Brown, Derek Anderson and Antonio Murry led the Rebels. Last season it was a senior-laden group with Ryan Glover and Derek Batt propelling Franklin into the sectional round of the postseason. A junior-laden bunch in Michael Young, Jamaul Starnes, Kevin Kegarise and Reed Glover leads this year's squad.

I think it would be appropriate to add Jeff Barnes name in there for that first year when Derek, Donta, and Antonio were juniors.

Still sticking with my prediction that Franklin wins.

And Jamie Graham is one heck of an athlete. He is not over-rated but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But I do not have a problem giving your opinion of an athlete(by name) that has already graduated from high school. He is an adult.