Clay Co. vs. Pickett Co.

bulldawg23

Edwards is by far the best coach in the district. I used to think Bibb was close but he has no control over his team and he never has. In case you haven't noticed you have 2 players with attitudes way bigger than their talent.

Clay Co. has a very balanced scoring attack. At PC 1 player takes over half their shots.

I doubt the fans are getting restless with a coach who went to 4 straight sub-states and got Clay Co. to the state tourney for the first time in 20 years. If they are, maybe they should look at what our girls are doing and see what fussing at Coach Sims got them.

Laughable, simply Laughable. I think Edwards is a good coach, but he isn't even close to Bibb. Heck, I think Flynn is a better coach than Edwards, yep I said something good about Jackson Co.....just shoot me now. Let me tell you why Bibb is the better coach. Lets go back to the 05-06 season, Bibb took a mostly sophomore team to substate, stayed fairly close to Clay Co's Senior lead team, last season, Bibb takes a mostly junior team and beats a very good Jackson Co. team in region semi's, This year, sure he has a senior lead group, but he is still winning. Now Clay will be best team in the district next year, no doubt, but let me see they are gonna have all seniors, PC will be starting 3 guys who have seen limited playing time and 2 guys who haven't saw any. So if PC finish 2nd in the district next year, then that will prove me right. Bibb has Complete control of his team, what attitudes are you talking about? Have you even seen PC play more than 3 times this year? I highly doubt it. TC and Jacob both have one goal in mind and that is a state championship and they aren't the type of players who let their attitudes come between them and a championship. You want to talk about Edward's accomplishments?.......Bibb has been to 3 sub states and 1 state tournament, and hopefully with this year he'll make it 4 and 2.

Clay Co does have a very balanced scoring attack, lets look at it for tonight. 8, 2, 6, 6, 5, 2, 2. That is balanced, but when you don't have a quote end quote "scorer" then you aren't going to be able to do much. Jacob Wright does take most of the shots, but guess what......he also makes most of his shots. He doesn't do what a lot of shooters do and shoot his team out of a game. He does exactly what his team needs him to do. Not that I'm comparing this team to the 90's Chicago Bulls, but lets compare for argument sake. Those 90's bulls team had a scorer and a bunch of other guys, how did that work out for them? 6 titles in 8 years. PC's scoring attack was pretty balanced tonight....Wright 26, Logan 13, TC 10, Brown 6.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure that Edwards is the BEST coach in the district, but I am certainly not convinced that he is not. Bibbs and Edwards are both very good at what they do, although there is probably some things that people think could be done differently....there would be no matter who was doing it. Also, Coach Edwards and Bibbs records speak for themselves....State tournament appearances and multiple District and Region Championships between them and also MANY SUB STATE appearances. Fans are also hard to please....if you do not win all the games you play and play everyone an equal amount of time in those games....guess what someone somewhere is going to be mad about it. That is the way it is and these coaches understand that and honestly I am almost certain neither of them give a FLIP what everyone else thinks they should do. There is a reason theyre there and the fans that are complaining are not...let them do their job. Honestly, both teams have had pretty good seasons, and hopefully will continue to make these seasons even better and I think both of them could do that. Clay County is probably not the better team between these two, but they can keep it close and capitalize on PC mistakes and sometimes pull out the win....perhaps in the Region Tournament Championship...but I guess ONLY TIME WILL TELL.....................Good Luck to the Cats and Dogs in the upcoming tourneys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both these guys are very good coaches and the game tonite wasn't about coaching PC has by far the best talent a much older team as clay has a very young team that will get better. PC has the talent to beat anyone in our district 20 plus on a given night but good luck to all of 7a in region and at least tonite nobody blame the refs so far anyway

PC isn't that much older than Clay, most of their players are juniors, so lets not say they are too much older. But PC has more talent, and is the better team. I am totally shocked that their haven't been 4 or 5 Clay posts about the refs and the foul situation. The team who fouls the most, has the most fouls at the end of the game. Its not the refs job to even it out. One more thing I want to say about Clay Co's crowd, tonight they were totally class-less. Edward's father-in-law is the only one who applauded PC or was even semi-respectful. What made me mad was grown adults and high schoolers, booing coach Bibb when he got his coach of the year award, and then booing PC when they got their trophy, totally class-less. PC fans clapped and did not boo when Clay co got their awards. And in years past PC fans and players, have always been respectful of other teams accomplishments.

PC isn't that much older than Clay, most of their players are juniors, so lets not say they are too much older. But PC has more talent, and is the better team. I am totally shocked that their haven't been 4 or 5 Clay posts about the refs and the foul situation. The team who fouls the most, has the most fouls at the end of the game. Its not the refs job to even it out. One more thing I want to say about Clay Co's crowd, tonight they were totally class-less. Edward's father-in-law is the only one who applauded PC or was even semi-respectful. What made me mad was grown adults and high schoolers, booing coach Bibb when he got his coach of the year award, and then booing PC when they got their trophy, totally class-less. PC fans clapped and did not boo when Clay co got their awards. And in years past PC fans and players, have always been respectful of other teams accomplishments.

some schools have juniors that are 18 years old and some are 16 so quite a differance

The grade is what matters, an 18 or 19 year old senior still only gets as many years of high school as a 17 or 18 year old does. Being older in school helps you be more mature in life and in school, not nessicarily on the basketball court. Clay Co has a bunch of good juniors, who will be the odds on favorites to win district next year, but that should be the only year they dominate. Clay Co. comes along with a great senior class every couple of years and wins district, PC stays pretty consistant throughout the last 20 years.

Dawg05 is also so bitter and jealous...how sad. Are you the guy who was giving thumbs down (about 3rd row from the bottom Celina side) and giving the finger to the Bobcat team when they were getting their awards? The guy with curly blong hair and a gray t-shirt? Many PC fans stood and cheered for the Buffalo boys when they got their pics taken.

Thats kind of funny you say that CC fans and students were booing Bibb because half of his wife's family was sitting on CC side clapping and cheering for him when he got his award so you must have been hearing the booing come from some other side of the gym.

Dawg05 is also so bitter and jealous...how sad. Are you the guy who was giving thumbs down (about 3rd row from the bottom Celina side) and giving the finger to the Bobcat team when they were getting their awards? The guy with curly blong hair and a gray t-shirt? Many PC fans stood and cheered for the Buffalo boys when they got their pics taken.

No I'm not even from celina but I know who this guy is. If you remember a guy who came off the bench for celina when Godwin was there. Think his name is tony ferra. But the guy from clay co that was doing that was totally disrespectful. Pc fans have absolute respect other teams in the district. Pc's team stood and applauded everyother team last night, clay's didn't do anything. Clay's fans were even cheering when two of pc's players got injured. Thats why if i want knowledgable advice on 7a I go to talk to clarkrange and rbs fans, they'll be honest and reasonable.

Thats kind of funny you say that CC fans and students were booing Bibb because half of his wife's family was sitting on CC side clapping and cheering for him when he got his award so you must have been hearing the booing come from some other side of the gym.

They might have been cheering for him, but the boos definately out did the claps. There where no boos coming from pc's side of the gym.

The grade is what matters, an 18 or 19 year old senior still only gets as many years of high school as a 17 or 18 year old does. Being older in school helps you be more mature in life and in school, not nessicarily on the basketball court. Clay Co has a bunch of good juniors, who will be the odds on favorites to win district next year, but that should be the only year they dominate. Clay Co. comes along with a great senior class every couple of years and wins district, PC stays pretty consistant throughout the last 20 years.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....That is HILARIOUS. Are you kidding me??????????????????????????????????? Being older doesn't help you on the basketball court??? So, are you telling me that if you have someone that graduates as a 17 year old, you think they will be as mature on the basketball court as someone who graduates as a 19 year old. That is hilarious, and entirely UNTRUE!!!!!!! There is a reason people try to start their kids later or let them repeat a grade...it is because it is a HUGE advantage....My point can be easily proven. Has ANYONE ever seen a junior that is 18 and a senior that is 18 playing? Most people will say that when that junior is a 19 year old senior he will be MORE MATURE as a basketball player, student, etc....It is just the way it is, and someone who says that does not make a difference needs to take a look at 8th grade basketball players, and tell me if you can tell the difference in a 15 year old 8th grader and a 13 year old 8th grader. Same principle that you are stating here with the 17 year old and 19 year old seniors. BOTTOM LINE IS IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE, but PC has the better team this year, but Clay can play with them and maybe they will get another chance at it..Good luck to both in the Region and beyond.

Well Edwards father-in-law WAS NOT the only ones who cheered for Bibbs or Pickett. My husband and I bought clapped for them, they deserved it. Yes I was soryy that Clay Co. lost but PC. played one heck of a game and earned the championship. So when you post a comment make sure you know what you are talking about. I can not speak for all Clay Co. But I can speak for myself. If I was upset with anybody it was Clay Co. for not playing up to their potential last night. That game should have been neck - neck all the way, like it has all season with both teams.

Ya Ya lets all bow down for the bobcats good god!!! clay has a bad game and everybody thinks clay stinks!!! Yes give pickett credit they played good and hit a lot of shots. but remember in the regular season when PC had a bad game at clay everybody still kissing PC butt. Cause "clay caught them on a bad night.... por bobcats" give CC some respect they had a bad game that night and everybody says CC stinks. everybody still giving PC respect when CC beat them but not credit giving to CC expect these two teams to meet again in the region championship.