Clay Co. vs. Pickett Co.

bulldawg23

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea and pickett co. was ranked number one in the state in 04-05 the night tht clay co. beat them in the championship, and clay has the better all around team. all clay has gotta do is stop wright and they win plain and simple. Clay by atleast four no less maybe more.

And when this year has anyone stopped Jacob Wright? Noone, even at Clay he still score 21 or something. TC doesn't get in foul trouble in post season, so lets see if Clay can contain him, I doubt they can. This is PC's moment to shine. Don't even go back to 04-05 because I'm pretty sure PC won the region and made it to state, Clay didn't.

Yep as suspected Pickett blew Clay outta tha water.Bibb is overall a better coach. Mebbe edwards should give it a rest but he wont so long as his son plays. Not impressed with Edwards Dale or Birdwell. Turnovers kill Clay and if the coach dont see who does it then winning/losing is like watching a tennis match - back and forth. Inconsistent. Players in the game for me, not for the team. Its obvious -shooting the ball is controlled by a few on the court. I've seen a lot of missed opportunities by players that have the capability to shoot the ball AND HIT THE BASKET. The fans are getting restless for a change. Either Edwards or someone new needs to get the team effort back. A few 3s out of many misses DO NOT make up for a high percentage of mistakes. Clay has potential but they need a hand with control and knowledge. Id like to see what Bibb could do with Clay. Keep it up Pickett

Yep as suspected Pickett blew Clay outta tha water.Bibb is overall a better coach. Mebbe edwards should give it a rest but he wont so long as his son plays. Not impressed with Edwards Dale or Birdwell. Turnovers kill Clay and if the coach dont see who does it then winning/losing is like watching a tennis match - back and forth. Inconsistent. Players in the game for me, not for the team. Its obvious -shooting the ball is controlled by a few on the court. I've seen a lot of missed opportunities by players that have the capability to shoot the ball AND HIT THE BASKET. The fans are getting restless for a change. Either Edwards or someone new needs to get the team effort back. A few 3s out of many misses DO NOT make up for a high percentage of mistakes. Clay has potential but they need a hand with control and knowledge. Id like to see what Bibb could do with Clay. Keep it up Pickett

Score?

What was the final score?

Yes it was a beat down. The best team won tonight Clay people so please get over it. The first game Clay played a heck of a game and caught PC on a bad night. PC showed who was better I thought at PC alittle while ago hitting their free throws when it counted, Clay could not. Tonight I think PC put an exclamation mark on who the better team is.

Wow......this guy made himself sound really dumb. Tyler Edwards is a bit inconsistent at time, but what are you saying BENCH HIM???? Nolan Dale is an excellent gaurd that does sometime turn the ball over but is a very good gaurd and has even come along way in the past year or so. Ethan Birdwell, I was not too impressed with the first couple of times I seen him play, but as far as the past few times I have seen him play I thought he done very well and is one of the most consistent players on the team, or maybe that I have seen in a while in 7a. He seems like he just about always has his 15-18 points per game. Players may be playing for themselves, I did not see this particular game, but I doubt that is going on as much as you seem to think it is....it was not the last time I seen them play which was earlier in the week. As far as the shooting being controlled by just a few on the court, that may be true, but is it not true for ALMOST ALL TEAMS. Jacob Wright does not score as many points as he has scored at Pickett County without shooting the ball alot, and he is obviously their go to guy....Clay also has people that tend to shoot more than others, ALL TEAMS DO. Different players have different roles, but from what I have seen in the 5ish games of Clay Countys that I have been to this year Edwards has been in double figures a few times, as has Dale, Birdwell, Garrett, Knight, Brown, etc....It seems like on any given night any of these players can score in double figures. BALL HOGS I GUESS........Sounds like you should become a coach since you seem to have the keys to fix ALL of Clay Countys problems, but seriously lay off this team, Coach Edwards will have them ready to go for the Region Tournament, and HECK who knows maybe we will get a REMATCH for the Region Championship, and if that happens maybe you should let everyone know what you think Clay needs to do to win...since you obviously know...>NOT!!!!!!!! Good Luck to pickett County and Clay County in the upcoming Regional Tournament. It would be GREAT to see another historic Region Championship rivalry between these two teams..

Edwards is by far the best coach in the district. I used to think Bibb was close but he has no control over his team and he never has. In case you haven't noticed you have 2 players with attitudes way bigger than their talent.

Clay Co. has a very balanced scoring attack. At PC 1 player takes over half their shots.

I doubt the fans are getting restless with a coach who went to 4 straight sub-states and got Clay Co. to the state tourney for the first time in 20 years. If they are, maybe they should look at what our girls are doing and see what fussing at Coach Sims got them.

I am not sure that Edwards is the BEST coach in the district, but I am certainly not convinced that he is not. Bibbs and Edwards are both very good at what they do, although there is probably some things that people think could be done differently....there would be no matter who was doing it. Also, Coach Edwards and Bibbs records speak for themselves....State tournament appearances and multiple District and Region Championships between them and also MANY SUB STATE appearances. Fans are also hard to please....if you do not win all the games you play and play everyone an equal amount of time in those games....guess what someone somewhere is going to be mad about it. That is the way it is and these coaches understand that and honestly I am almost certain neither of them give a FLIP what everyone else thinks they should do. There is a reason theyre there and the fans that are complaining are not...let them do their job. Honestly, both teams have had pretty good seasons, and hopefully will continue to make these seasons even better and I think both of them could do that. Clay County is probably not the better team between these two, but they can keep it close and capitalize on PC mistakes and sometimes pull out the win....perhaps in the Region Tournament Championship...but I guess ONLY TIME WILL TELL.....................Good Luck to the Cats and Dogs in the upcoming tourneys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!