Coach Kevin Emily-Red Bank

FridayNightLights

so let me get this straight 2 wrongs do make a right ? thanks for spell check

you are welcome for the spell check...i deleted it when my wife told me is was mean...and i did not want to be mean...just having some fun

never said it was right...just said i understood his emotional out burst in the context of this situation and that if i were in that situation....i could only HOPE that i could keep calm and talk to the ref...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't FRA in Nashville and Red Bank one of the local teams from Chattanooga? How does your "local bias" conspiracy theory have any relevancy to the match that is the subject of this thread?

I was making a general point (not specific) as to the local teams vs home teams. Go the same for favored wrestlers.

You guys don't even know your official signals, the signal for grabbing the singlet or headgear is the same as locked hands

Also I have work with the official in question for many years and if he said the wrestler grabbed the singlet, THEN HE GRAB THE SINGLET, END OF STORY!

yes we no our signals because if u go back to the first of this thread it was spelled out for us

even the link to go and see it for ourselves was posted

helped me learn something new in fact

BUT I HAVE VID of the match and HE DIDNT GRAB THE SINGLET ...END OF DISCUSSION

ref missed it

My oldest lost his final match in ga 3 years ago and failed to qualify for states his SR year due to a bad call IT Happens ...but it does not make it easy to accept and diff coaches will handle things diff ways ...but a couple have already stated that they were scared of how they would have handled it in this situation.

Wow - I must say that I'm flattered by all the attention Red Bank is getting. To all of those people who have supported me and my efforts to help make wrestling in Chattanooga a great experience, I truly appreciate you!!! Thank you for all your kind words and support.

FridayNightLights, BenAround, rasslinlite, cmmndalum, and anyone else out there who was amused by actions or felt that I was out of line and should have been thrown out, please allow me to reciprocate. Now I'm going to use some big words here and judging by some of your posts it's apparent that your grammar skills are not up to par so please read S-L-O-W-L-Y and carefully. So FridayNightLights perhaps you can get together with your crew of discerning friends and read this together.

Here we go:

1. Please forgive me for going balistic (by the way it's spelled ballistic)

2. I grew up in Iowa and I wrestled for coaches that had lots of fire and passion. I also wrestled at UTC for a coach named Ethan Reeves who had the same. Are they right all the time? No. Should they calm down sometimes? Yes. Did they fight for what they felt was right? Yes. Now don't get me wrong we have a few here that are just like me - Shout's out to Shane Turner, Steve Logsdon, and the rest of you all who push it to the limit for your kids. (And don't go telling me to go back to Iowa because it's too cold up there...)

3. I can only postulate that you have not had the same coaching that I have. Now gentlemen that big word means (ASSUME) but when you do that it makes an ###### out of U mostly. By the way guys, where did you do your high school and college wrestling?

4. Now to the match - My wrestler was called for pulling the singlet. No problem. However, once I noticed the FRA kid's strap hanging off he's shoulder I amicably called the ref to the table and made him aware that the singlet was too big. His words to me were "Coach I'm well aware of it and we will handle it appropriately" I said ok.

5. Next reason for me going (balistic) was because during a time out for blood, myself along with coach Tolbert were approached by a security guard (with an interesting odor on his breath) and asked to leave the mat...Hmm - that's strange? His words to us were " I've been told to keep "YOU TWO GUYS" off the mats. Now the last time I checked there were a whole lot of other coaches assisting their wrestlers during timeouts. Anyway, I'm beginning to expatriate. BenAround - are you still with me? You seem to be the one who knows the rules so let me know what page that one is on.

6. In the overtime my guy took a shot on the edge of the mat and the FRA wrestler had a hand full of our singlet. I began to scream "He's got our singlet" The ref blew the whistle, showed locked hands/technical violation and said "LOCKED HANDS" to me. I screamed NO we were neutral. He then changed the call and said 1 point for pulling the singlet but gave it to the FRA guy. Perhaps I am the idiot for taking the ref at his word. After all you guys seem to think the refs are right most of the time so I was trying to get on board.

7. I made my way to the head table and asked the policeman where Mike was and he politely pointed him out. Not sure if you saw all that but he allowed me to go to the head table and I talked to Mike Parker not Ronnie Carter ( I know, they both look alike) It doesn't matter what was said between Mike and myself but apparently my actions didn't evince any type of discipline from him....Hmmm - I wonder why?? Now as rasslinlite claims "the refs were "WEEK" for not tossing me. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't even get an unsportsmanlike conduct for my actions or even a warning. So exactly how could I be tossed without either of those? Hey BenAround - what section in the rulebook states that refs shouldn't be so "WEEK".

The bottom line (FNL and your crew) is this. Everybody saw what happened and can make their own opinion of how I acted. No need to take a shot at me on here. It's fine gentlemen like yourselves that give wrestling such a GREAT name!!! Keep up the good work.

Coach Emily

Wow - I must say that I'm flattered by all the attention Red Bank is getting. To all of those people who have supported me and my efforts to help make wrestling in Chattanooga a great experience, I truly appreciate you!!! Thank you for all your kind words and support.

FridayNightLights, BenAround, rasslinlite, cmmndalum, and anyone else out there who was amused by actions or felt that I was out of line and should have been thrown out, please allow me to reciprocate. Now I'm going to use some big words here and judging by some of your posts it's apparent that your grammar skills are not up to par so please read S-L-O-W-L-Y and carefully. So FridayNightLights perhaps you can get together with your crew of discerning friends and read this together.

Here we go:

2. I grew up in Iowa and I wrestled for coaches that had lots of fire and passion. I also wrestled at UTC for a coach named Ethan Reeves who had the same. Are they right all the time? No. Should they calm down sometimes? Yes. Did they fight for what they felt was right? Yes. Now don't get me wrong we have a few here that are just like me - Shout's out to Shane Turner, Steve Logsdon, and the rest of you all who push it to the limit for your kids. (And don't go telling me to go back to Iowa because it's too cold up there...)

3. I can only postulate that you have not had the same coaching that I have. Now gentlemen that big word means (ASSUME) but when you do that it makes an ###### out of U mostly. By the way guys, where did you do your high school and college wrestling?

4. Now to the match - My wrestler was called for pulling the singlet. No problem. However, once I noticed the FRA kid's strap hanging off he's shoulder I amicably called the ref to the table and made him aware that the singlet was too big. His words to me were "Coach I'm well aware of it and we will handle it appropriately" I said ok.

5. Next reason for me going (balistic) was because during a time out for blood, myself along with coach Tolbert were approached by a security guard (with an interesting odor on his breath) and asked to leave the mat...Hmm - that's strange? His words to us were " I've been told to keep "YOU TWO GUYS" off the mats. Now the last time I checked there were a whole lot of other coaches assisting their wrestlers during timeouts. Anyway, I'm beginning to expatriate. BenAround - are you still with me? You seem to be the one who knows the rules so let me know what page that one is on.

6. In the overtime my guy took a shot on the edge of the mat and the FRA wrestler had a hand full of our singlet. I began to scream "He's got our singlet" The ref blew the whistle, showed locked hands/technical violation and said "LOCKED HANDS" to me. I screamed NO we were neutral. He then changed the call and said 1 point for pulling the singlet but gave it to the FRA guy. Perhaps I am the idiot for taking the ref at his word. After all you guys seem to think the refs are right most of the time so I was trying to get on board.

7. I made my way to the head table and asked the policeman where Mike was and he politely pointed him out. Not sure if you saw all that but he allowed me to go to the head table and I talked to Mike Parker not Ronnie Carter ( I know, they both look alike) It doesn't matter what was said between Mike and myself but apparently my actions didn't evince any type of discipline from him....Hmmm - I wonder why?? Now as rasslinlite claims "the refs were "WEEK" for not tossing me. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't even get an unsportsmanlike conduct for my actions or even a warning. So exactly how could I be tossed without either of those? Hey BenAround - what section in the rulebook states that refs shouldn't be so "WEEK".

The bottom line (FNL and your crew) is this. Everybody saw what happened and can make their own opinion of how I acted. No need to take a shot at me on here. It's fine gentlemen like yourselves that give wrestling such a GREAT name!!! Keep up the good work.

Coach Emily

Well go back and look the asst. ref hit you for a point. Fighting for your kids is ok. Losing your mind is another.

Well go back and look the asst. ref hit you for a point. Fighting for your kids is ok. Losing your mind is another.

Ok, show me a person that hasn't done something a bit out of line.

Come on, get over it. I dont' know this coach at all, but to me it seems like you are trying to crucify him over an incident.

i do not know him or you. i just stated my opinion is that not what you are doing.

What opinion am I posting here? I didn't say what happened was right or wrong. I do think the call was wrong, but is that what we are talking about here, or is it the way the coach reacted to the call? Based on the title of this thread, it's the coach's reaction.

Have you not ever over-reacted to a situation?

I know that I have, and would hate to have everyone sitting there judging me, and posting a bunch of stuff all over the internet for it. And I'm guessing that most everyone here has had at least one time in their life where they've gone a bit too far, and would venture to say that all of them would not want to be crucified for it.

Here we go:

Coach Emily

Great history coach, I feel like I know you so much better. It still doesn't change the way I feel, just b/c (that means because) you wrestled for some spirited coaches doesn't give you a free pass to do whatever you want when you think a ref blows a call. Hope my grammer wasn't too bad fill free to correct any errors you find.

Here we go:

Coach Emily

Coach Emily,

First of all, I am in no way associated with those that you say I am with. I totally respect you as a coach. I have watched you for the last couple of years coach RBHS and the mighty warriors. If you would look at my earlier post, I think you would understand that I am on your side and for taking up for your wrestlers when the refs are in the wrong. All I was saying is that it was kind of funny watching you try to get around the security guard to get to the head table, even going through the back of the arena to get to the other side of the table. I dont blame you for going ballistic(I hope I spelled it right this time), I would have to if my wrestler got jobbed like yours did. Starting this thread was not intended to attack you, your program, or your coaching style. Like I said earlier, I would have no problem with my child wrestling for you when he becomes of age to wrestle.