Coach Kevin Emily-Red Bank

FridayNightLights

Coach Emily,

First of all, I am in no way associated with those that you say I am with. I totally respect you as a coach. I have watched you for the last couple of years coach RBHS and the mighty warriors. If you would look at my earlier post, I think you would understand that I am on your side and for taking up for your wrestlers when the refs are in the wrong. All I was saying is that it was kind of funny watching you try to get around the security guard to get to the head table, even going through the back of the arena to get to the other side of the table. I dont blame you for going ballistic(I hope I spelled it right this time), I would have to if my wrestler got jobbed like yours did. Starting this thread was not intended to attack you, your program, or your coaching style. Like I said earlier, I would have no problem with my child wrestling for you when he becomes of age to wrestle.

It s FUNNY when somebody (FNL) gets called out and then bows down like a little puppy---ha ha ha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> be a man when you say something---stand behind what you say or dont say it!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It s FUNNY when somebody (FNL) gets called out and then bows down like a little puppy---ha ha ha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> be a man when you say something---stand behind what you say or dont say it!!!!!!

Where did I bow down 2 seam. Like I said, I never started this thread to attack coach Emily. Ive made that clear in several of my post. If Coach Emily still has a problem with that, Well thats his business. All you are trying to do is stir the pot. Your a pretty big ol boy behind that computer screen aren't you. Your just like the rest of all those Ooltewah boys....This thread isnt going anywhere. I said what I had to say and I think coach emily knows what my intentions were by now. 2seam needs to grow up and get out of high school. If 2 seam has a problem we can solve it!

Hey, the man said he didn't pile on and apologized for it, if it seemed that he piled on. A little dejavu 2seem. That was my favorite pitch to send over the fence when I played HS ball /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sincerely,

David Hollowell

Lesson in life. If your going to be a board Nazi, then apply the same rules to your self.

the asst. ref hit you for a point

Where in the rule book is the assistant ref empowered to make such a call. I observed this match and it appeared the assistant ref violated rule 3 section 2 article 2-i by confronting the red bank coaching staff. The rule clearly states "the assistant referee is not permitted to address the coaches, this is the referee's responsibility".

Put me on the side with all the Emily supporters. If you know him at all and what he does, then you will be on the same side.

Where in the rule book is the assistant ref empowered to make such a call. I observed this match and it appeared the assistant ref violated rule 3 section 2 article 2-i by confronting the red bank coaching staff. The rule clearly states "the assistant referee is not permitted to address the coaches, this is the referee's responsibility".

Put me on the side with all the Emily supporters. If you know him at all and what he does, then you will be on the same side.

You are very correct on the rules. He is an observer, eyes only.

If you are the asst. ref you can take a team point or warn the coach. He had to address the coach because the head ref loss control of the match long before it ever got to the point of the Red Bank coach loosing his cool. This is a classic example of why the refs need numbers on there backs and be graded by the coaches to see who gets to do the finals. This is JMHO

If you are the asst. ref you can take a team point or warn the coach. He had to address the coach because the head ref loss control of the match long before it ever got to the point of the Red Bank coach loosing his cool. This is a classic example of why the refs need numbers on there backs and be graded by the coaches to see who gets to do the finals. This is JMHO

Some here are wrong.

As an assistant ref, and I see an incident he might not see, I may bring it to his attention and then HE makes the call.

If I am an official (and in that capacity) sitting on the sideline (at an invitational tournament for instance) and see a kid throw a headgear into the stands, I may approach the mat official and indicate what I observed and HE makes the call.

As an assistant, me, both coaches, the entire side of the stands sees locked hands. I show the mat offical what I have, and HE makes the call.

If I see a coach (as the assistant) acting in an unsportmanlike manner, I signal just like I would if I observed locking hands (showing the approprate hand signal, of course).

He might NOT make the call.

I CANNOT approach the scorers table and issue anything.

The mat official's judgement prevades anything except an acknowledged rulebook violation. At the point in time, the mat official must change his call or cite the coach for misconduct. If during this match the assistant ref observed unsportsmanlike conduct and it was in fact issue, the mat official had to be in agreement.

Coach, you go for your kids. You are supposed to.

The rules book states how far you can go.

Misconduct, one is free, the next one costs you, a third puts you outside the gym for the rest of the day.

Unsportsmanlike will cost you right away, so you have to count the cost. Number two and you get the rest of the weekend off.

Aa rule of thumb, I would approach the table as if the ref's dog just got run over. Just a thought.

It was a great weekend of wrestling in Tennessee.