Tullahoma Basketball

jman12

Bond was 44,000 dollars so it was serious. A few of their parents and family members were at the last school board meeting complaining about their kids getting in trouble like they were innocent. Alll of this was on tape. They are definitely not innocent. They should be permanently off the team and out of school at THS. This is what makes a school look bad when they let stuff like this happen and still allow the guys to play. This isnt the first time two of them have gotten in trouble either!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are guys who got arrrested and suspended from school still allowed to play? Something isnt right here!

Often times ???word of mouth??? and newspapers tell us what we want to hear. Yes, those young men (used loosely) were suspended; however, they were only suspended for 5 days, according to their school??™s handbook, the max for their offense. They were never asked to leave school permanently. My understanding is that those, who were over 18 years of age, had to turn themselves in to the police, which they did, causing them to miss days. Remember those arrested are ???Innocent until proven guilty??? or was it the other way around ???Guilty until proven innocent???. I sometimes forget. Also, what you may not have heard was that more than 20 students were involved (a particular school group). Why they chose not to arrest those as well is an issue for the school to explain. Perhaps it was not their intent to make themselves look bad. Looks to me that, no these young men are not special, they are dumb kids (not men) who made a dumb choice and are about to pay a serious price. What do you suggest their punishment should be? No education!? No chance at life!? No opportunity for forgiveness!? Redemption!? Hey, you guys keep up the online coaching.

Often times ???word of mouth??? and newspapers tell us what we want to hear. Yes, those young men (used loosely) were suspended; however, they were only suspended for 5 days, according to their school??™s handbook, the max for their offense. They were never asked to leave school permanently. My understanding is that those, who were over 18 years of age, had to turn themselves in to the police, which they did, causing them to miss days. Remember those arrested are ???Innocent until proven guilty??? or was it the other way around ???Guilty until proven innocent???. I sometimes forget. Also, what you may not have heard was that more than 20 students were involved (a particular school group). Why they chose not to arrest those as well is an issue for the school to explain. Perhaps it was not their intent to make themselves look bad. Looks to me that, no these young men are not special, they are dumb kids (not men) who made a dumb choice and are about to pay a serious price. What do you suggest their punishment should be? No education!? No chance at life!? No opportunity for forgiveness!? Redemption!? Hey, you guys keep up the online coaching.

While I agree that every effort to allow the educational process to continue for these students is essential, downplaying these actions is wrong. In the eyes of the law an 18 year old person is an adult, available for service in the military or if convicted of a capital offense the death penalty in some states. To say that these were just "dumb kids" making "one bad choice" is a significant understatement; 18 year old men with a several month history of actions must be viewed differently.

If others are involved they should also be arrested and/or punished, but that would now be up to the police if they have evidence of that, not necessarily the school. Certainly our judicial system must stand on a premise of "Innocent until proven guilty", but there has been nothing expressed by these young men that they are innocent of the charges. Working with these young men to make better "choices" is fundamental to a community, with social forgiveness generally coming after acknowledgement of wrongdoing and change of wrong habits.

Bond was 44,000 dollars so it was serious. A few of their parents and family members were at the last school board meeting complaining about their kids getting in trouble like they were innocent. Alll of this was on tape. They are definitely not innocent. They should be permanently off the team and out of school at THS. This is what makes a school look bad when they let stuff like this happen and still allow the guys to play. This isnt the first time two of them have gotten in trouble either!

[/quo

First let me say i am a Coffee County Fan and there is nothing i love more than to see Tullahoma lose, but that that does not make me dislike the kids of Tullahoma, its just a great rivarly that both communities have. I hope that does not sound bad. Kids in Tullahoma are just like kids from everywhere else they make mistakes, people should not judge the kids or the program on these mistakes. I hope the school system and the community will help these kids and turn them around and make them productive citzens of community.Turning your back on these kids and trashing the program plays into the hands of people that are anti Tullahoma sports, FROM AN OLD COFFEE COUNTY FAN DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

These students represent their school and should not be allowed to play an extracurricular sport if all the information we have is correct.There rights to an education have nothing to do with this. Sounds like winning is being put above doing what is right. A sad day for Tullahoma basketball.

Im embarrassed to say my kids go to THS after this. These basketball players got a slap on the wrist and will continue to cause problems because they have seen that because they are basketball players, they can get away with anything. This is setting a great example for others on the team to follow. Two of them are seniors. They are supposed to be leaders. Is this the kind of example we want others to follow. What if you middle school child sees the article in the paper and who it was. Well he is going to see them play on tuesday and friday nights and think what they did was okay because nothing was done. Maybe they are innocent until proven guilty but i do believe that video tapes do not lie my friend!

First let me say i am a Coffee County Fan and there is nothing i love more than to see Tullahoma lose, but that that does not make me dislike the kids of Tullahoma, its just a great rivarly that both communities have. I hope that does not sound bad. Kids in Tullahoma are just like kids from everywhere else they make mistakes, people should not judge the kids or the program on these mistakes. I hope the school system and the community will help these kids and turn them around and make them productive citzens of community.Turning your back on these kids and trashing the program plays into the hands of people that are anti Tullahoma sports, FROM AN OLD COFFEE COUNTY FAN DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN

Kids do make mistakes but not more over ten times. This happened many more times than what they are even being charged with. If they do it once okay maybe they are just being kids but when its over ten times, they are criminals.