13A vs 14A

reneah

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14A may be down in terms of not having one, single dominant team but it is still a pretty strong district 1-8 especially compared to 13A. Bruceton finished 3rd in 13A and got beat 30 on a neutral court to Gleason, Bruceton would have finished 9th in 14A behind Greenfield. West Carroll finished 2nd in 13A and they split with Gleason during the regular season and Gleason finished 3rd in 14A and was probably closer to 8th talent wise. West Carroll also lost by 8 to Greenfield at home (which I have already stated was 8th in 14A), 15 to Dresden on a neutral court (who didn't advance to the regional tourney) and by 34 at Bradford. Clarksburg outscored West Carroll by 13 total points over the course of 12 quarters during the season and tourney, which is 21 points less than Bradford beat them by in 4 quarters.

Clarksburg and West Carroll may very well play for the region title, I just don't agree with the statement of 14A being that down. I can promise you if those two teams were in 14A you could add 6-8 losses to each of their records.

14A may be down in terms of not having one, single dominant team but it is still a pretty strong district 1-8 especially compared to 13A. Bruceton finished 3rd in 13A and got beat 30 on a neutral court to Gleason, Bruceton would have finished 9th in 14A behind Greenfield. West Carroll finished 2nd in 13A and they split with Gleason during the regular season and Gleason finished 3rd in 14A and was probably closer to 8th talent wise. West Carroll also lost by 8 to Greenfield at home (which I have already stated was 8th in 14A), 15 to Dresden on a neutral court (who didn't advance to the regional tourney) and by 34 at Bradford. Clarksburg outscored West Carroll by 13 total points over the course of 12 quarters during the season and tourney, which is 21 points less than Bradford beat them by in 4 quarters.

Clarksburg and West Carroll may very well play for the region title, I just don't agree with the statement of 14A being that down. I can promise you if those two teams where in 14A you could add 6-8 losses to each of their records.

All 14A final because Humboldt is the exact nitemare of quickness that Clarksburg did not need to play.

BTW the teams your talking about are in 14A, backdoor. 14A usually has the better teams but 14A IS down this year. I think this year Clarksburg will bust their way through!

Sorry, I hope everyone knew I meant 14A. I guess 13A is strong since 14A is "down" this year. I agree 14 A was one of the most balanced districts that I had ever seen. It was good to watch games when no matter if you were 1-9 you could win. I will say it one more time, 14 A sweeps. Gleason wins the region.