152 from overton

Techem

Yea nice backflip, great form. Just one question... I understand the kid just won state, and he is really pumped, and he wants that crowd to get into it, and everything else; but how is doing a round off back tuck in the middle of the mat after winning not ATLEAST a team point? Once again i know it is under a extreme circumstance but come on. I remember at state duals a couple years ago, Travis Cregan from Bradley Central was hit for a team point for flexing to the crowd after winning a match. So why not here?

Give a fist pump if you feel it necessary, acknowlege the fans of your school, sign your sheet, and act like you have won before.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Flexing is considered taunting and is thus unsportsmanlike conduct and a team point.

2. It's the state finals. Let Daniel White get away with it. He won a big match on the biggest stage he's had. He deserved it.

I completely agree. Get over it. I remember a few years ago when a wrestler ran off the mat when timed expired and jumped into his dad's arms before shaking hands and all that jazz. Did anyone cry foul? No. Because he was excited about winning state. Same thing.

Travis caught Hxxx from the Coaches and deservedly so. He was excited as it appeared the team was going to upset Soddy(which they did). Still shouldnt have done it though.Caught Hxxx from me as well.

Coach Bray....Hes about 20 pounds bigger and his arms are waaay more intimidating than they used to be. However wrestling as a true freshman at 174 he could still use a lot (waaay)more.

As far as the 152 from Overton....I was right there close...it was unbelievable and honestly it was exciting. Not sure if the ref should have done anything. Other champions flexed afterward as well. Its in the excitement of the match. I guess its whether or not it is interpreted as taunting.

I believe the issue is not being consitent with calls. I was sitting right in front of the mat and it was a good match. I really dont see anything was wrong with it. Except it was probably agianst the rules. We had a team point taken because a wrestler who lost his last match tossed his head gear to his coach before walking to the center to shake hands with the winner. If emotions make a difference in whether you make a call or not is the emotion of heart break not as great as the emotion of winning??? No one got slammed, or punched. This is the biggest match of the year. The refs should be consitent.