Cleveland Coach

vol4life

Did you or did you not shake the winning wrestler's hand after the match? After all, you have the video. Remember, you are representing your school and your team. As a coach, in any sport, you have to be perfect, and if not, try to be perfect, and if all else fails, admit a mistake, apologize and move on. If through actions in the heat of the moment a coach has a negative impact on an athlete, that is not what anyone wants, and that needs resolution. Remember, these are blogs, take what you will from them, if it helps you, great, I do not know any of you, so almost by definition it cannot be personal and of course is not intended to be...

I hope the RAV wrestler is not harmed by the non handshake, that would be a shame.

Just give the coach a call as he suggested, tell him who you are, as he asked directly and get this thing settled for yourself. What did you see mat side that suggest that Coach E. owes an apology?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To Everyone. I promised myself I would not post on CoachT again. I do feel that this thread is not helping anyone. Coach Eslinger, no need for an apology, I understand.

Now as to why I didn't get a warning. The ref agreed with me, however his decision was that time had expired and not a rule question.

Please let this subject drop.

Thank you,

Coach Peck

To Everyone. I promised myself I would not post on CoachT again. I do feel that this thread is not helping anyone. Coach Eslinger, no need for an apology, I understand.

Now as to why I didn't get a warning. The ref agreed with me, however his decision was that time had expired and not a rule question.

Please let this subject drop.

Thank you,

Coach Peck

Coach Peck, fabulous job coaching and congrats to your team! Coach Bray, we all appreciate your work on the rankings, we all know the wrestlers love it, as well as the parents. We do, however, need to have the D2 folks get you their results to you more efficiently. Coach Eslinger, it is obvious that you have the passion necessary for success in this difficult sport, and we wish you every success with your program. As far as I am concerned, the athlete and his actions comes first, the conduct of the coaches and the decorum of the refs next, then the fans and their behavior, THEN the judgment of the official, as we are all human. I am proud to say that there seemed to be no incidence of lack of attention when a dangerous condition was concerned, aand from an objective point of view, pretty consistent calls,mostly good, some others! I grow tired,thanks for the open and honest forum, take care, keep the passion, and have a good week!

TEAM JONES?! Mr. Jones does a lot for the Cleveland program but you cant buy hard work and dedication. The kids pay the price for success, not Jones. They cut the weight, they do the lifts, and they condition themselves so that they do not have to take 5 injury time outs in a match. Thats a smack in the face to every kid on that team who has done everything right.

As to whether Coach Eslinger shook the young man's hand or not, there is tape to tell the story and hundreds of witnesses as well. By the way, I saw a handshake.

How many injury time outs did he take before that match? And what about after that match? I believe he took 2-3 in the consol finals match for 3 different things.

Sean had pulled his shoulder earlier in the tournament (in fact the trainer said it was torn, I'm not sure that was accurate but it does tell how much it was bothering him) and he actually blacked out when his head collied with the opponent's knee. Sean was very dizzy and not really himself the whole match or tournament. Sean wrestled as hard as he could, and I'm proud of him.

All of my guys can go the entire time I guarantee that! Why you feel the need to keep beating this horse. Match is over.

I wish someone would lock this topic, before it starts looking negatively on either team.

Coach Peck