Dyer County Bulldogs

SaintKnute

I just call it like I see it. I am sure there are several examples of both fans acting in a bad way. I can go there if I want. That is why this is a message board. If you are a DC fan and don't know how to use it then don't.

The game last night was a good one. The DC team showed why they are #1 in the state and I am sure they will represent west tn well. I was prepared to back the DC team all the way until after the game was over....

After a convicing win, Rex Pierce decides to pull his jersey off and shake it at the Dyersburg Crowd. Wow. I was really upset when Rex left Dyersburg becuase I thought he was a terrific player. But with that type of display I am glad DC has him. The assitant coaches were smiling and patting him on the back. I guess if you never won anything before then you don't know how to act. This was a pitiful display. It shows why it is hard to pull for DC and why I never can. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe after your coach leaves this season we will see someone who could add some class to this team.

GO TROJANS

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just call it like I see it. I am sure there are several examples of both fans acting in a bad way. I can go there if I want. That is why this is a message board. If you are a DC fan and don't know how to use it then don't.

The game last night was a good one. The DC team showed why they are #1 in the state and I am sure they will represent west tn well. I was prepared to back the DC team all the way until after the game was over....

After a convicing win, Rex Pierce decides to pull his jersey off and shake it at the Dyersburg Crowd. Wow. I was really upset when Rex left Dyersburg becuase I thought he was a terrific player. But with that type of display I am glad DC has him. The assitant coaches were smiling and patting him on the back. I guess if you never won anything before then you don't know how to act. This was a pitiful display. It shows why it is hard to pull for DC and why I never can. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe after your coach leaves this season we will see someone who could add some class to this team.

GO TROJANS

Wow ....after what HAPPENED with your school during football season...I'm almost speechless. Wait a minute...forgot..I'm never speechless /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> What is pitiful is half your crowd leaving before your boys even finished their game. I'm sure all the DC players will lose sleep over you not backing them...did you SEE our crowd???? Ummmm...let's see, unless you were blind, you couldn't miss it. I'd say they HAVE SUPPORT....one person isn't going to make a difference /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Wow ....after what HAPPENED with your school during football season...I'm almost speechless. Wait a minute...forgot..I'm never speechless /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> What is pitiful is half your crowd leaving before your boys even finished their game. I'm sure all the DC players will lose sleep over you not backing them...did you SEE our crowd???? Ummmm...let's see, unless you were blind, you couldn't miss it. I'd say they HAVE SUPPORT....one person isn't going to make a difference /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That is where you are wrong. One person can make a difference. Justin Blake made a difference, One person can make a difference.

I agree with you on the football game. Whe the police threw the Dyer County fans out that made a big difference.

GO TROJANS

GO TROJANS

OK here we go again. I am not from Dyer County as I have stated on here many times. I went to the game last night to see this rivalry for myself. I have seen DC 4 times this season....agaisnt Liberty, Bolivar, Jackson SS, and Dburg.....I sat on the Dburg side just to see if the fans were as bad as the DC faithful say. After being surrounded by the students and wannabe thugs I come to the conclusion the Dburg fans are even worse than what's been stated on these boards. Being from Jackson I would compare them to the JCM fans. After halftime I decided to move closer to the court as I was setting nearly at the top. I had to get away from these kids. I'm 41 years old, maybe it's my age I don't know but it was discussting. The language and all, it was hard to enjoy the game. I can remeber several times on a routine rebounds the entire section would stand and scream like it was the winning touchdown of the superbowl. I told a friend of mine...It was only a rebound. And the time early in the 1st quarter when the entire Dburg side was standing when the DC player was shooting FT's and they were saying what amounted to you stink (like 4 or 5 times) all in unison. And when I moved after halftime (sitting on the first row on the Dburg side) this big tall Jerk was to Lazy to find a seat so he decided to just stand there in front of me and my friend. He knew we couldnt see the game but he could care less, so I just stared at him for maybe a couple of minutes...like dude can you move. He knew i was staring at him but he really didn't care that I was a fan just as he was. I almost said something but I certainlyt didn't want to make scene. I got to work this morning and a woman I work with asked about the game....as we were talking she said the Dburg fans are obnoxiuos (did I spell that right). Her son played football the last two years for GC and she said she has seen it all for the Dburg fans.

Now to the game...Some of the DC people on here have been really generous in regards to the Dburg team. What I saw was a total mismatch. These two teams are like night and day. I have never seen a team (Dburg) miss so many shots within 5 to 7 feet from the basket. The big kid for Dburg (Mclin I think) didn't show me anything...he can only dribble with one hand and to have such a height advantage and miss so many easy shots. Dburg simply could not handle the pressure. I think they had 27 turnovers and shot 34% from the feild and 2 of 11 from the 3 point line and 47% FT's. DC had an off shooting night....38% from the field and 67% FT's.....and still beat them by 15. I will say this as I have said it many times ...If you can't shoot the 3 consistently in highschool you simply can't win. I stated on another post that I wouldn't be suprised if DC beat Dburg by 20..they were up over 20 late in the 4th quarter. A true basketball fan with actual knowledge of the game would no that Dburg is really not that good of a team. Their fundemantals are terrible. Looked like street ball to me and when you play that style against a good orgaized team your in trouble. As for DC's defense..it is very hard to teach that style and have all the kids on the same page. DC is one of the best defenseive units I have seen all year. The quickness is unbeleivable. This game was a total mismatch and I will sayit right now there will not be a 4th game between these two because Dburg won't last that much longer in postseason play.

That is where you are wrong. One person can make a difference. Justin Blake made a difference, One person can make a difference.

I agree with you on the football game. Whe the police threw the Dyer County fans out that made a big difference.

GO TROJANS

Hmmm....let's see ...AGAIN!!! At that game the one the police knocked around, maced, and conked with their nightsticks was((right in front of me))...a D'burg fan!!!!!!!! A relative of mine goes to D'burg ,cheers for them. Said the guy was a D'burg fan....so let's not get into that. JB isn't the only player on our team...remember that!!! Lots of people have discounted the others to their great dismay!!!!

OK here we go again. I am not from Dyer County as I have stated on here many times. I went to the game last night to see this rivalry for myself. I have seen DC 4 times this season....agaisnt Liberty, Bolivar, Jackson SS, and Dburg.....I sat on the Dburg side just to see if the fans were as bad as the DC faithful say. After being surrounded by the students and wannabe thugs I come to the conclusion the Dburg fans are even worse than what's been stated on these boards. Being from Jackson I would compare them to the JCM fans. After halftime I decided to move closer to the court as I was setting nearly at the top. I had to get away from these kids. I'm 41 years old, maybe it's my age I don't know but it was discussting. The language and all, it was hard to enjoy the game. I can remeber several times on a routine rebounds the entire section would stand and scream like it was the winning touchdown of the superbowl. I told a friend of mine...It was only a rebound. And the time early in the 1st quarter when the entire Dburg side was standing when the DC player was shooting FT's and they were saying what amounted to you stink (like 4 or 5 times) all in unison. And when I moved after halftime (sitting on the first row on the Dburg side) this big tall Jerk was to Lazy to find a seat so he decided to just stand there in front of me and my friend. He knew we couldnt see the game but he could care less, so I just stared at him for maybe a couple of minutes...like dude can you move. He knew i was staring at him but he really didn't care that I was a fan just as he was. I almost said something but I certainlyt didn't want to make scene. I got to work this morning and a woman I work with asked about the game....as we were talking she said the Dburg fans are obnoxiuos (did I spell that right). Her son played football the last two years for GC and she said she has seen it all for the Dburg fans.

Now to the game...Some of the DC people on here have been really generous in regards to the Dburg team. What I saw was a total mismatch. These two teams are like night and day. I have never seen a team (Dburg) miss so many shots within 5 to 7 feet from the basket. The big kid for Dburg (Mclin I think) didn't show me anything...he can only dribble with one hand and to have such a height advantage and miss so many easy shots. Dburg simply could not handle the pressure. I think they had 27 turnovers and shot 34% from the feild and 2 of 11 from the 3 point line and 47% FT's. DC had an off shooting night....38% from the field and 67% FT's.....and still beat them by 15. I will say this as I have said it many times ...If you can't shoot the 3 consistently in highschool you simply can't win. I stated on another post that I wouldn't be suprised if DC beat Dburg by 20..they were up over 20 late in the 4th quarter. A true basketball fan with actual knowledge of the game would no that Dburg is really not that good of a team. Their fundemantals are terrible. Looked like street ball to me and when you play that style against a good orgaized team your in trouble. As for DC's defense..it is very hard to teach that style and have all the kids on the same page. DC is one of the best defenseive units I have seen all year. The quickness is unbeleivable. This game was a total mismatch and I will sayit right now there will not be a 4th game between these two because Dburg won't last that much longer in postseason play.

Thank you for your unbiased opinion yankee!! You said it all!

Good post. There's nothing better than to go to a game and see lots of fans and student sections cheering against each other. Back in the Perry Powell days the Dyersburg student section would cheer for DC. They wanted to see the dunks and the 35 foot 3 pointers. They went wild after 2 alley hoops by perry. I have the video to prove it. Sometime in the last 3 years all that went to pot. I noticed about 3 years ago how bad it was getting. You can't let any kids sit near the DHS student section. I can't believe what comes out of their mouths. Overall the DC fans are by far the best and most loyal I've seen in west tn.

Hmmm....let's see ...AGAIN!!! At that game the one the police knocked around, maced, and conked with their nightsticks was((right in front of me))...a D'burg fan!!!!!!!! A relative of mine goes to D'burg ,cheers for them. Said the guy was a D'burg fan....so let's not get into that. JB isn't the only player on our team...remember that!!! Lots of people have discounted the others to their great dismay!!!!

Good Post. Be careful adsmom86, if you argue with an idiot they will drag you down to their level and beet you with experience. DC's defense will allow them to win with or without JB. As with anyteam, the more talent and depth, the better you will be!

Good Post. Be careful adsmom86, if you argue with an idiot they will drag you down to their level and beet you with experience. DC's defense will allow them to win with or without JB. As with anyteam, the more talent and depth, the better you will be!

So true..it is hard to argue w/idiotic people..but dang it's fun /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Very true about DC's defense. Plus they have bench that can transition in and out of game w/out losing a beat.

GO TROJANS

If that??™s the worse thing that Rex ever does, he's already ahead of all the DHS student fans that can't quit cursing at the games. And you said """If you are a DC fan and don't know how to use it then don't.""" Please follow your own advice and don't post messages. You OBVIOUSLY don't know anything about the coaching staff at DC. Those 3 coaches have more class and have done more for those young men than you can imagine. You show a great level of maturity when you attack someone??™s character without facts. Like I said, "follow your own advice and don't post messages."

It`s hard to believe that you prob know details about the past yet you still don`t understand why we feel like we do, but on the other hand, you ARE part of that click, so your comments come as no surprise to me. If you can`t see yourself being able to support the Choctaws, I guess we`ll just have to live with that. Alot of us DC faithful haven`t been to keen on supporting DHS since the death threats on one of our football players either. As far as Rex, you say you`re glad he`s no longer a Trojan, well guess what, WE ARE TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!