Dyer County Bulldogs

SaintKnute

Dburg simply could not handle the pressure. I think they had 27 turnovers and shot 34% from the feild and 2 of 11 from the 3 point line and 47% FT's. DC had an off shooting night....38% from the field and 67% FT's.....and still beat them by 15. I will say this as I have said it many times ...If you can't shoot the 3 consistently in highschool you simply can't win. I stated on another post that I wouldn't be suprised if DC beat Dburg by 20..they were up over 20 late in the 4th quarter. A true basketball fan with actual knowledge of the game would no that Dburg is really not that good of a team. Their fundemantals are terrible. Looked like street ball to me and when you play that style against a good orgaized team your in trouble. As for DC's defense..it is very hard to teach that style and have all the kids on the same page. DC is one of the best defenseive units I have seen all year. The quickness is unbeleivable. This game was a total mismatch and I will sayit right now there will not be a 4th game between these two because Dburg won't last that much longer in postseason play.

YANKEE GREAT POST..DBURG CANT HANDLE THE RELENTLESS DC PRESSURE , YOU ARE CORRECT, DBURG WONT BE AROUND FOR A 4TH TRY AT THE CHOCS THIS YEAR NOR FOR A LONG TIME WITH DC UNDERCLASSMEN AND FROSH COMING IN. DC IS THE" REAL DEAL AND "ALL DC PLAYERS" SHOULD BE APPAULDED FOR THEIR EFFORTS,TALENTS . THEY PLAY AS ONE AND ARE "UNSELFISH" THAT RESULTS IN BETTER TEAM PLAY.

DYER COUNTY GET YOURSELVES READY FOR TOUGH REGION 14 IN THE REGIONALS. HAYWOOD,COVINGTON,NORTHSIDE,RIPLEY ARE ALL ADMIRABLE FOES YOU CANT TAKE LIGHTLY.PLAY ALL YOUR REMAINING GAMES AS YOU HAVE ALL THUSFAR THIS SEASON AND ITS OFF TO THE BORO.

ITS BEEN A PLEASURE TO WATCH YOU "ALL" PLAY WITH EXCELLANCE , RESPECT FOR YOUR OPPENENTS,CLASS YOU HAVE EXHIBITED THE PAST TWO YEARS. THANKS FOR RAISING THE "STANDARD" FOR PLAYERS THAT ARE TO FOLLOW YOU FOR MANY YEARS. GO CHOCTAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dburg simply could not handle the pressure. I think they had 27 turnovers and shot 34% from the feild and 2 of 11 from the 3 point line and 47% FT's. DC had an off shooting night....38% from the field and 67% FT's.....and still beat them by 15. I will say this as I have said it many times ...If you can't shoot the 3 consistently in highschool you simply can't win. I stated on another post that I wouldn't be suprised if DC beat Dburg by 20..they were up over 20 late in the 4th quarter. A true basketball fan with actual knowledge of the game would no that Dburg is really not that good of a team. Their fundemantals are terrible. Looked like street ball to me and when you play that style against a good orgaized team your in trouble. As for DC's defense..it is very hard to teach that style and have all the kids on the same page. DC is one of the best defenseive units I have seen all year. The quickness is unbeleivable. This game was a total mismatch and I will sayit right now there will not be a 4th game between these two because Dburg won't last that much longer in postseason play.

dyer co got a gift 2 night from sheffield. they beat mitchell placing both mitchell and btw on the same side of the regionals.

dyer co got a gift 2 night from sheffield. they beat mitchell placing both mitchell and btw on the same side of the regionals.

It is not a gift!! A gift is handing us the Golden Ball right now which won't happen the game has to be played and being in Region 7 AA isn't the easiest region to come out of cause no team is willing to go down easily it just doesn't happen that way!!! GO CHOCTAWS!!!

Wow, what are we doing? This is crazy! Dyer County is the better team, yes, I typed that . . . BUT the assistant in black for DC was smiling while talking to Rex P. Take my word.(probably won't . . . o well) The refs were inconsistant. Bad calls both ways. I have read every single post on both threads. (Dyer County Bulldogs, and DB.DC.3) The thing I notice is that regardless of what we say, we are going to defend our schools no matter what. We will say "good luck" or "gg" or "you are good", but we (notice I say we) are going to post things even if we know that they are wrong as long as we think they will strengthen our respected school's image. That's the bottom line. The Yankee fan on here obvisouly holds a grudge against Dyersburg from when they played Jackson teams in District play, or maybe that person is a DC supporter. adsmom is . . . well . . . very excited about her team, but seems to be a bit border line on somethings (but so am I) forkeddeer9022, is well, upset. Rightfully so, DC fans, the reason you feel the way you do (puleeze . . . don't be offended in all seriousnes!) is because for almost 6 years, you lost to DB in football, the Lady Trojans held a 12 straight winning streak against you, and our boys team had put up some pretty . . . well wide-margined victories over the years. Again I know this is the past, but hang with me, I'm trying to prove a point . . .

Dec. 6, 2003, 44-41; Trojan win.

Dec. 19, 2004, 54-43; Trojan win.

Jan 13, 2004, 62-49; Trojan win.

Dec 10, 2005, 72-41, Trojan win.

Dec. 17, 2005, 53-29; Trojan win.

Jan. 6, 2006, 72-41; Trojan win.

Jan. 31, 2006, 75-34; Trojan win.

And ya'll want more than anything to enjoy this year of athletics (especially the wins against DB, and rightfully so.

. . . Then comes the controversial team change. DC wins 5 in a row. They deserved it, they also get a win football. You people know how it feels to lose (no offense, everybody loses, that's the point) . Must of DC's fans know how to handle winning because they were around when the chocs won a state title in football, or they were around when DC went to state in basketball back in . . . 2001 (I think) The problem is arising when some fans don't know how to handle winning, but the problem also is largely at Dyersburg. Some people in Dyersburg are too young or to ignorant to know how to handle losing. They have seen the success over the years, and don't know how to lose to DC. People that's the problem. The tides have changed. Dyer County has/is beating Dyersburg in the two "fan friendly" sports. (basketball and football) Live with it! There time will end, our's will come. We'll have to see how long it takes. It might be a year or maybe even 15. I hope people understand this and the meaning. I also hope it isn't taken the wrong way. I'm just trying to ease things in a civil, fair way, and I expect DC fans to post the scores of your 5 straight wins because my point wasn't to brag, but to prove a point.

GO CHOCTAWS, GO TROJANS, AND GOOD NIGHT. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great post. You know the score. It will be interesting to see how this goes down in the coming years. I love watching DC and Dyersburg play no matter what the sport.

GO Trojans

You are hilarious. You talk aLL the smack about DC and then let it be known YOU`RE A DC SEASON TICKET HOLDER. That`s to funny. just couldn`t stand could ya. YOU ARE JUST LIKE THE FORMER DHS PLAYERS, YOU WANTED TO GO WHERE THE WINNERS ARE!!!!! That`s great. Now I see. you hide behind that name so your fellow Trojans won`t know who you are, BUT I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As for McCord leaving, I`ve heard the rumors as well, but what ever happens will happen. If he does, we may just get Neon Dion. Naw on second thought,................ ya`ll can keep him.

I just have the tickets to have a great seat. I do not like the Choctaws. You might not want to use the term winner to much. 1 or 2 years don't mean much. Thanks for letting us keep coach Real he is the best.PS. I also have Trojan season tickets for basketball and now football

SaintKnute, you really are one of the more ignorant people that have posted on these boards. You really need to stop attacking people out of rage that your Trojans have lost to Dyer County in all sports.

I have not attacked anyone. Just post what I see jellybuns. I do not have rage. I have fun> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I just have the tickets to have a great seat. I do not like the Choctaws. You might not want to use the term winner to much. 1 or 2 years don't mean much. Thanks for letting us keep coach Real he is the best.PS. I also have Trojan season tickets for basketball and now footballI have not attacked anyone. Just post what I see jellybuns. I do not have rage. I have fun> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't like the Trojan fans(nothing against the kids playing)....not a child-hater /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Course you can have REAL.......yeah, I have fun too. Long as you're around I'll be around!!! Wonder if your buddy forkeddeer is still out in that field with his hands covering his head!!!!! Hope someone took him a jacket..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I just have the tickets to have a great seat. I do not like the Choctaws.

Betcha do.....you are just another closeted CHOCTAW LOVER....come on out of that closet man..Grab one of those Choctaw shirts you have in there and put it on......you know you wanna do it! Betcha take it out and put it on at night when you think no one is looking /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You know we have had new one's printed up!!!!!

I have nothing bad to say about how good the DC basketball team is this year, but I can't help but comment on some of these things that are being said about the DC fans. I can't believe some of these things that are being said about the DC fans. How can you people sit here and talk about how much better the DC fans are and how they are so loyal. That is the biggest joke I have ever heard in my entire life. Where where all of you loyal DC fans the last five plus years when your team couldn't win more than five games a year. Its not loyalty to only show up and support a team when they are winning. That is just following the crowd. To call DC fans the most loyal is the most rediculous statement that has ever been made on CoachT.

I have nothing bad to say about how good the DC basketball team is this year, but I can't help but comment on some of these things that are being said about the DC fans. I can't believe some of these things that are being said about the DC fans. How can you people sit here and talk about how much better the DC fans are and how they are so loyal. That is the biggest joke I have ever heard in my entire life. Where where all of you loyal DC fans the last five plus years when your team couldn't win more than five games a year. Its not loyalty to only show up and support a team when they are winning. That is just following the crowd. To call DC fans the most loyal is the most rediculous statement that has ever been made on CoachT.

For you to post ANYTHING is the 2nd most ridiculous thing on CoachT.

Preach on my brother. Tell them.