Page Looking for a New Coach

MrNoitAll

Well it had to happen at Page again. They are looking for a new coach, Coach Dye didnt have a chance with the pressure of the school board daughters on the team. The thing about Williamson County is that you better play the right kids are you will be looking for a new job! The talent level has gone down and the numbers of the school are also down. Did she win the games she was suppose to win some say yes and some say no but it doesnt matter you have to have someone to blame and it turns out to be Coach Dye. Whoever takes this job should look at all of the angles before thinking they can turn this program around starting at the top and seeing who all really runs the program.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this and it is a little off topic but.... when Independence opened in 2004 it took a lot out of Page. This statement is applied to all of sports including girls basketball. I, along with many others, feel that this year and last Page would have been in the running for a state title in a few sports(football, Boys and Girls basketball, and volleyball) had Independence not opened. But reality has set in and this is it.

I hate it when situations like this one comes up, it being political and all. Good luck to Coach Dye in the future. I wonder if Coach Barnwell might be of interest......na!

You are correct it did take a lot away from them, but still in Williamson County you better play certain kids if you want to say longer than a couple of years. In all of my years I have never seen a school district that would let school board members have such a say on everyday affairs as they do. First of all Dr Anthony isnt a sports person which isnt to say that she is a bad person it just says she doesnt care if they win or lose. When she was in Rutherford County she told several people that she didnt know anything about sports and wanted a good ast principal to take charge and run it when she went to Page. Now they have a parent who is on the school board and she has told several people that she isnt coming back as soon as her daughters get out of school. She is there to make sure that her daughters are taken care of. I really feel for Coach Dye because she did try and for all of her hard lwork this happens.....again welcome to you better play by child are you are gone!

coach Dye is a good coach and i think the pwers that be will find out they made a misstake although coach Dye wont get her job back she will know that she did not fail and that she did a good job we enjoyed her at RIVERDALE as she helped us build oour program and then was given the opportunity at page with Dr anthony who is a good woman and sports are not high on her priority list but she does understand there is a place for it I hope she is diong a good job as principal as she is a former RIVERDALE WARRIOR...I also hope that coach Dye lands a good job somewhere as i am sure she will GOOD LUCK COACH DYEcoach Dye is a good coach and i think the pwers that be will find out they made a misstake although coach Dye wont get her job back she will know that she did not fail and that she did a good job we enjoyed her at RIVERDALE as she helped us build oour program and then was given the opportunity at page with Dr anthony who is a good woman and sports are not high on her priority list but she does understand there is a place for it I hope she is diong a good job as principal as she is a former RIVERDALE WARRIOR...I also hope that coach Dye lands a good job somewhere as i am sure she will GOOD LUCK COACH DYE

The problem with the Page job wasnt Coach Dye because she is a very excellent person and an a good coach, she just didnt have the players! But the problem with the program is like you said is that Dr. Anthony isnt a sports person and I think she is doing a very good job as principal. The problem is the school board member wanting her daughters to be the stars in basketball, volleyball and softball. As long as the coaches play them everything will be ok.......if you can play the game this may be a good job but most good coaches are going to play the best players and not play politics! Good luck Coach Dye

I was not aware of this topic until late last night when a prospective coach asked me about it. The prospective coach asked me some questions about the situtation that I really couldn't answer. This morning I emailed Kathy Dye and received the following response:

Always with a coach stepping down, rumors start flying. The bottom line, administration wanted me to stay. I had their complete support. They did not want me to step down regardless of who was complaining. I have chosen after 18 years to get out of coaching. Numerous reason influenced this, the main one is including playing in middle school, hs, and college plus coaching, I will have summers off for the first time in 28 years. Unfortunately, rumors will fly. This happens. Some are valid, some are not. I do appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Kathy

Parents, no matter who they are, will complain when a team has a losing season. They all feel that had their daughter had been in the game maybe we could have won. Coaching is a hard job that I could never do. Finding the right combination of players to win is hard because even star players have off nights and the coach hopes that someone will step up from the bench or another starter will fill the void. I accept the statements from Kathy Dye as true and do not believe that a parent on the school board controls the team.

I was not aware of this topic until late last night when a prospective coach asked me about it. The prospective coach asked me some questions about the situtation that I really couldn't answer. This morning I emailed Kathy Dye and received the following response:

Always with a coach stepping down, rumors start flying. The bottom line, administration wanted me to stay. I had their complete support. They did not want me to step down regardless of who was complaining. I have chosen after 18 years to get out of coaching. Numerous reason influenced this, the main one is including playing in middle school, hs, and college plus coaching, I will have summers off for the first time in 28 years. Unfortunately, rumors will fly. This happens. Some are valid, some are not. I do appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Kathy

Parents, no matter who they are, will complain when a team has a losing season. They all feel that had their daughter had been in the game maybe we could have won. Coaching is a hard job that I could never do. Finding the right combination of players to win is hard because even star players have off nights and the coach hopes that someone will step up from the bench or another starter will fill the void. I accept the statements from Kathy Dye as true and do not believe that a parent on the school board controls the team.

persoonally i think it was a great politcally correct respone i do believe that she had dr anthonys support and she may very well be burnt out she is a great person and i TRUELY wish her the best

Coach Dye is a very good coach that I am familiar with from her days at Riverdale, which makes me want to know why Page struggled like they did this year. I know they have some very good teams in their district, which can be part of the problem, but other than tough competition what other problems did they have? Were they a very young team or is the talent level just down some, as happens sometimes due to various circumstances? From looking at some of the game summaries it appears that they had some severe deficiencies offensively. How do the incoming freshmen look?