4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

3 seasons ago L-towns frosh dominated the region. Now it is time to see who wins. Here is my predictions.

1. L-town BABY /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> We have the weapons to win the title this year--Most come from a strong senior group of young men-- /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> We are strong at the skill position and some strong and quick line-MEN!

2. Riverhell /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Sorry boyz--you don't get top billing this year--Way to many loses--but I still give you respect--Your history has been strong--But all good things come to an end. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

3. Bulldawgs They lose a lot of talent--but they always have talent--You guyz have been right ther behind riverhell every year--No change baby--you're still behind them.

4. th Blaze Too much returning and too scary--must produce this year or they'll be looking for a new staff--You guyz have all the pieaces.

5. Kitty Central Elrod has that group going on offensive and Dedman is doing a heck of a job on D--Will their TWO studs be missed (MAJORS AND McChicken).

6. Oakland /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Young coach will bring some new blood and excitement--but he will wait for wins-- Soory dude.

7. LA Sorry-- graduation hit you the second hardest--You always seem to have great athletes--but getting over that hump is a problem--You do have a great coach--Year off.

8. Seeing Stars again You should be with Watson--I don't even no the guy--but he hasn't produced

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be REALLY interesting this year.

It could be Lebanons year this year, but it will be a war with WC first.

Smyrna lost their main offensive weapons and part of their line. Will be good but will NOT repeat for a third ring.

R'dale loses their O-line and without it they will NOT be able to do the running they have done in the past. They also lose their main defensive players also and might be able to be run on this year. If they do NOT develope a passing game this year they WILL have more than one loss and will NOT repeat as Region champs.

Oakland has the players and the coaches. Main question is can they put it all together before the season starts. I think they can at least enough to more than just scare R'dale this year. The Battle of the Boro in week zero will tell the tale for BOTH teams this year.

LaVergne will surprise some and then lose some they should not. Until they develope a consistancy they will remain a middle of the pack team.

Siegel? Sorry to say it but it is still mushroom growing time over there. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Blackman may surprise a BUNCH of folks this year. If they don't I forsee yet another complete coaching staff change over there.

Like I said at first it is going to be REAL interesting this year.

Thtruth, a few questions.......how many of that undefeated freshman team is still on the team at Lebanon? They didn't have enough freshmen to even play us this yr, they had to play some sophs. So......is there any depth? I heard a lot of folk saying that Brown wantes OUT of there. I know he has put his name in for a couple of jobs.......will he score one at the last minute? If he does, will Lebanon be for the better? To me, the worst mistake he made was coaching both freshmen and varisty. That spreads your staff thin, making it hard on families......and it also makes the freshman have to toughen up faster. Seems to me that freshman football is supposed to be a learning process, but FUN, and it isn't there at LHS.

Feel free to correct or enlighten me on any of the above.

I think yall took a serious hit when WC opened just liek Oakland did with Siegel's opening. When you are considered" the Old ghetto school" like we both are, zone exempts are easy to come by.

here is my 2 cents...thtruth speaks alot of truth...but i'll try my hand

1. bulldogs win region again...will not win state again...but lots and lots of talent coming back that may be young...but fast....athletes everywhere and great coaching staff

2. the blaze rise to the occasion...take 2nd...and go to playoffs...their defense will be best in the region...BIG/tough/ experienced/ playmaking linebackers (6'4" 235lb...6'2" 215lb...6'3" 200) and they all can run...shut down db's...need some big/fast d-lineman to mature and step up...offense need to find a qb...but skill players and line can make it work...coaches at blackman step up as well...

3. Wilson Central...great coaching...proven system...enough players to scare or beat anyone...

4. and 5. riverdale and lebanon fight for the last playoff spot...my vote goes to lebanon with good senior class...lebanon must change there scheme to be more sucessful and come out and play consistent verses great one week and never show up the next...riverdale will compete for the last playoff spot because of good coaching and hard work...but they will struggle like they have not in years...if they do not learn to pass...they may go 5-5 or worse. most games...they will simply be out-manned by the upper class of the region...

6. (i follow thtruth)...oakland...change takes time

7. and 8. see thtruth comments about lavergn and siegel

pattonboysdad, the bulldogs have never won this region. i couldnt even tell you when they have won a region cause they played 4A ball till like 2000 i believe.

technically i dont think anybody but riverdale has won "region 4 5A." i think both oakland and lebanon have beat riverdale out in the past for region titles but way back when AAA was the highest classification.

i've already changed from my first "poll" of the post season, but i think it will shake out like this:

1. Riverdale

2. Blackman

3. Wilson Central

4. Oakland

4b. Smyrna

5. Lebanon

6. Lavergne

7. Siegel

i will clarify later, cause im sure someone will be outraged with my picks, so i will wait for that lol

pattonboysdad, the bulldogs have never won this region. i couldnt even tell you when they have won a region cause they played 4A ball till like 2000 i believe.

technically i dont think anybody but riverdale has won "region 4 5A." i think both oakland and lebanon have beat riverdale out in the past for region titles but way back when AAA was the highest classification.

i've already changed from my first "poll" of the post season, but i think it will shake out like this:

1. Riverdale

2. Blackman

3. Wilson Central

4. Oakland

4b. Smyrna

5. Lebanon

6. Lavergne

7. Siegel

i will clarify later, cause im sure someone will be outraged with my picks, so i will wait for that lol

bless your blind heart tdntn...your loyal nature is to be applauded ...but you gotta live in reality...the bulldogs let yall win the region to get the hope up the last two years and then jerk the rug out themselves from ya the first year and then send WC to do it for them last year...then they run the table for two years straight and bring home the ring to rutherford county...i know this is hard /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> ...so close...but ole so far

again...your hate for the bulldogs puts a big log in both eyes

give a little credit where the credit is due... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

mark it down....put it under your pillow...post it at your new locker at mtsu...ask coach stock to shout it over the bull horn...RIVERDALE WILL NOT WIN THE REGION FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS

and for once...when this comes true...be the big man that you are and come back on here and say the magic words that will set you free from the purple hate...I WAS WRONG...it really is pretty easy...just takes a tablespoon of humility and a cup full of reality...

but i do like your second pick /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

bless your blind heart tdntn...your loyal nature is to be applauded ...but you gotta live in reality

again...your hate for the bulldogs puts a big log in both eyes

mark it down....put it under your pillow...post it at your new locker at mtsu...ask coach stock to shout it over the bull horn...RIVERDALE WILL NOT WIN THE REGION FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS

and for once...when this comes true...be the big man that you are and come back on here and say the magic words that will set you free from the purple hate...I WAS WRONG...it really is pretty easy...just takes a tablespoon of humility and a cup full of reality...

but i do like your second pick /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

okay...im showing support for my former high school (tho i have not graduated yet). to be honest i probably wont leave murfreesboro to see a game this year. riverdale will have 5 home games and will play at siegel, oakland i believe.

i really dont care to spend hours defending my team here anymore, they will defend themselves on the field and what happens is what happens.

i believe you said you were new in town, so i doubt you realize how long riverdale has "supposed" to not win the region. 86 consecutive region wins later they are still proving doubters wrong, so it wouldnt be the craziest thing happen for them to do it again.

i look at smyrna as a team who will have lost its identity, its passing nature was hard to defend and caught many a teams off guard, especially the ones from outside middle tennessee, playing against them in the playoffs. rarely do you see a team that pass dominant in high school football, in tennessee atleast.

now, you can say, "well what about bryson?" cool, the only time i have seen bryson in action really he rushed for NEGATIVE 5 yards. he can easily change my mind but let me see it first.

be unhappy with my riverdale pick, fine. i was being "realistic" when i put them at 1, because they can finish anywhere from 1-3 in my mind, i think my top 3 are pretty interchangable.

im not sure how much money i would put on riverdale winning the region. all i know is i would put a heck of alot more money on smyrna not winning the region. this region should be as balanced as ever, i dont even think our number 1 team in 2008 will be as good as our number 3 team (wilson central) in 2007. it will be a battle week to week but hopefully our region can put out a team good enough to contend for it all again in december.

but since your opinion holds so much more weight than mine and you hold me so accountable, where were you last year holding folks accountable that said riverdale wouldnt win region?

and how bout you get your FACTS together before you criticize my SPECULATION. you managed to edit your post criticizing my speculation but your post with non-facts still remains unedited ("the bulldogs will win region AGAIN," dont think they won it the first time to repeat it).

see we think alike in ways if you will take time to consider that before trying to discredit me and stuff. i am on of the only ones who has given blackman any respect on here since they went 0-fer in 2005. you should be glad i am defending your beloved blaze. me and you probably will be the only ones to see the potential again, i expect most people in this thread to put them outside the playoffs.

i honestly think the blaze can win the region this year, but im not counting any chickens before they hatch. riverdale is a "safe" pick for me (after 15+ years of region dominance), if im wrong about them winning 4-5A, that would be a first, unlike you who is 0-1 i think since you have been posting here

Many fine points /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Truth be told--it is going to be a interesting year for 4-5A /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Lets wait and see folks /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> We will bring home another title--mark it 6-5A--We are the best in the state!

[/color]

okay...im showing support for my former high school (tho i have not graduated yet). to be honest i probably wont leave murfreesboro to see a game this year. riverdale will have 5 home games and will play at siegel, oakland i believe. hope to see you at a game!

i really dont care to spend hours defending my team here anymore, they will defend themselves on the field and what happens is what happens.

i believe you said you were new in town, so i doubt you realize how long riverdale has "supposed" to not win the region. 86 consecutive region wins later they are still proving doubters wrong, so it wouldnt be the craziest thing happen for them to do it again. i have been here over 3 1/2 years...i do realize this...but the riverdale talent is way down...the past will not dictate the future for a while

i look at smyrna as a team who will have lost its identity, its passing nature was hard to defend and caught many a teams off guard, especially the ones from outside middle tennessee, playing against them in the playoffs. rarely do you see a team that pass dominant in high school football, in tennessee atleast. you will be surprised at the offensive weapons they have in the pipe line...obvioulsy the passing game will be down because of the loss of dynamic duo...but they have GREAT athletes that will still score points

now, you can say, "well what about bryson?" cool, the only time i have seen bryson in action really he rushed for NEGATIVE 5 yards. he can easily change my mind but let me see it first. all you had to do was watch the state championship game...THIS KID IS THE REAL DEAL...GASTON MILLER TYPE...GAME CHANGER...you may be the only one who is not a believer yet...but glad to hear you are willing to change your mind...

be unhappy with my riverdale pick, fine. i was being "realistic" when i put them at 1, because they can finish anywhere from 1-3 in my mind, i think my top 3 are pretty interchangable. if you objectively saw what riverdale has coming back...you would not have picked them # 1. no one can turn straw into gold. let me make it clear...i am not a riverdale hater...i have pulled for them since i arrived (except when they played blackman) because i am friends with the thomas boys...but this coming year...there are very few horses in the barn. therefore...won't be and can't win region

im not sure how much money i would put on riverdale winning the region. all i know is i would put a heck of alot more money on smyrna not winning the region. this region should be as balanced as ever, i dont even think our number 1 team in 2008 will be as good as our number 3 team (wilson central) in 2007. it will be a battle week to week but hopefully our region can put out a team good enough to contend for it all again in december. agree...should be balanced region like region 5 has not seen in years... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

but since your opinion holds so much more weight than mine and you hold me so accountable, where were you last year holding folks accountable that said riverdale wouldnt win region? my biggest complaint with you is that you refuse to give the bulldogs any kudos at all...i am not even a bulldog fan...but they did win state back to back...so a good job seems to be pretty easy to give