4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

and how bout you get your FACTS together before you criticize my SPECULATION. you managed to edit your post criticizing my speculation but your post with non-facts still remains unedited ("the bulldogs will win region AGAIN," dont think they won it the first time to repeat it). you are RIGHT...I AM WRONG...(see how good that feels)...

see we think alike in ways if you will take time to consider that before trying to discredit me and stuff. i am on of the only ones who has given blackman any respect on here since they went 0-fer in 2005. you should be glad i am defending your beloved blaze. me and you probably will be the only ones to see the potential again, i expect most people in this thread to put them outside the playoffs. thanks for the respect...you have given them more than i have...i am hopeful...but the proof is in the pudding...i try to be objective even though blackman is the team i pull for...

i honestly think the blaze can win the region this year, but im not counting any chickens before they hatch. riverdale is a "safe" pick for me (after 15+ years of region dominance), if im wrong about them winning 4-5A, that would be a first, unlike you who is 0-1 i think since you have been posting here see my previous response to why riverdale won't win region...i don't remember being 0-1...but i will embrace your record for me...and if i am 0-2 when it come to riverdale winning the region...i will post...PBD WAS WRONG. still feels good. good wishes to you at mtsu /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone wants to talk about how Riverdale has fell off and won't win but 5 games and yada, yada, yada. I am not a riverdale fan but you guys are nuts. They are and will be a force in our region. No way they finish 5-5. He has a great staff and more players than you men are giving him credit for. All you nay sayers are doing is giving them fuel for their fire. Coach A will have them ready. They will be a top team in our region and will finish at or near the top of the standings. The rumor that they are on a downward tred is being worn out. They may not go undeafeated in regular season play but they will be a top team in region 4. Winning freshman games is nice but the truth is it don't always mean VARSITY wins and that is all that counts. None but hard core fanatics remeber what freshman teams do. You ain't measured but your freshman wins but by your varsity. Riverdale ain't the only team that has had recent ills with there youg bucks that will win. Until someone knocks them off in the regular season they are stiil my pick to be region champs.

why i lack on giving smyrna credit...its a RIVALRY. riverdale can go without winning the region, but the biggest hit to this program will be the day the warriors lose that swagger. thats when it will no longer be riverdale football as its known

now we are getting somewhere tdntn...the first step is to admit their is a problem...and now you've done that /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

the second step is to get some fresh input...allow me

great rivalry's are what make the game worth playing...for the players and the fans...rivalry's make the individual's play at the next level and teams play over their heads...

the greatest rivalry's are thankful for each other because they do for each other what they can't do for themselves...

"they" compete like crazy on the field/ court/ etc...but they give great kudos and respect for each other off the field...think Bird/ Johnson...think ohio state and michigan...think texas/ oklahoma...

make up your own list...but the bottom line is after the game is over...both sides have great respect for and at least say "good job" to the other side...many times they even say great things like " what a priviledge to play agaist competition like that"...you get my point..

the game is over tdntn... you can say "good job" bulldogs without becoming one (a bulldog) yourself...and you can pull hard for riverdale this coming year...your ability to do that will show the great character you posses /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Everyone wants to talk about how Riverdale has fell off and won't win but 5 games and yada, yada, yada. I am not a riverdale fan but you guys are nuts. if any team loses 15 or so senior starters...the best O-line in Tn high school football...and has VERY little to no players returning who actually got varsity experience...and has had 3 terrible freshmen classes in a row...to think that they may not be in the upper part of the toughest region in the state is in NO WAY NUTS! IT WOULD BE NUTS TO THINK OTHER WISE...

They are and will be a force in our region. No way they finish 5-5. He has a great staff and more players than you men are giving him credit for. All you nay sayers are doing is giving them fuel for their fire. Coach A will have them ready. They will be a top team in our region and will finish at or near the top of the standings. The rumor that they are on a downward tred is being worn out. They may not go undeafeated in regular season play but they will be a top team in region 4. Winning freshman games is nice but the truth is it don't always mean VARSITY wins and that is all that counts. None but hard core fanatics remeber what freshman teams do. You ain't measured but your freshman wins but by your varsity. Riverdale ain't the only team that has had recent ills with there youg bucks that will win. Until someone knocks them off in the regular season they are stiil my pick to be region champs. pick all you want to ...and you may be right...if you are it is because they do have a GREAT STAFF, and are incredible in their work ethic...and have this magic closet over at riverdale that they throw the boys in and they come out studs (this is a compliment). but logic and facts point to this...riverdale is going to struggle like they have not in years and years...i recieve no pleasure from this (except that blackman will not get beat by 60 points /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ) i am just analyzing the situation as it looks on paper and it don't look to good for riverdale...but they may look great on the field...this happens once in a while...but usually you can get a good feel for what a team has, and how good they will play by looking at what they have coming back.

I come from the school of thought that until somebody actually knocks Riverdale off from the top, they are still the king of the mountain. Its a rite of spring when folks predict Riverdale's demise year after year, yet Riverdale cranks out these 10+ win seasons and region championships year after year.

Good post. I agree. It was great to see so many in the Post today from RHS in their signing pictures!!!

It must be February...Riverdale never stands much of a chance this time of year. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cause for optimism:

1. Riverdale returns a lot of starters and heavy contributors on defense....should be better on that side of the ball.

2. Return the kicker..should be better there.

3. Riverdale will be better in the offensive backfield. Will return two starters. Guys stayed injured last year and QB play was inconsistent. There is talent to run the offense better even if the overall athleticism may be down a little. If the right guys step up, learn to hold on to the ball and run N-S, athleticism will not be a problem.

4. The OL is a huge question mark but that is one area where Coach A's skills can not be questioned. The man can flat out coach the OL. Any team whose season relies on Riverdale being weak on the OL is probably going to be very disappointed.

It is going to be very compettive this year...I expect Smyrna to be very good.

i am also anxious to see what this team is going to look like i will probably make some spring stuff this year just to get a look i am no worried about the OL either...we have a good coach and kids that work hard and somehow we keep turning out the good high school OL this year we happen to have a lot of college material and i am really happry for them i AGREE ABOUT RUNNING NORTH AND SOUTH that is one of the things i dont like about the wing t is that its too much east and west hopefully those adjustments will be made and also hopefully we will have a reciever that will catch the ball we had WAY TOO many drops last year...i felt we showed the pass enought to be respected we just didnt catch it enought o be respected espcially after joey lee got hurt

as far as running back i am not oto concerned back there with joey lee and andrew miller he is a tough little guy so i think those to wil do a good job aslo cody west is a real good athlete and i think he will be QB and he should do fine back there also ...i do wish that these guys had more playingtime last year but that is the nature of the beast

ATTENTION RIVERDALE FOOTBALL PLAYERS I AM GOING TO GET A REPORT ON WHO IS WORKING HARD AND WHO IS STEPPING UP AND BEING LEADERS..I HOPE TO HEAR ALOT OF NAMES

GO WARRIORS

PS the baseball players came to alot of yall games...so return the favor and come out and support them along with the softball team

now we are getting somewhere tdntn...the first step is to admit their is a problem...and now you've done that /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

the second step is to get some fresh input...allow me

great rivalry's are what make the game worth playing...for the players and the fans...rivalry's make the individual's play at the next level and teams play over their heads...

the greatest rivalry's are thankful for each other because they do for each other what they can't do for themselves...

"they" compete like crazy on the field/ court/ etc...but they give great kudos and respect for each other off the field...think Bird/ Johnson...think ohio state and michigan...think texas/ oklahoma...

make up your own list...but the bottom line is after the game is over...both sides have great respect for and at least say "good job" to the other side...many times they even say great things like " what a priviledge to play agaist competition like that"...you get my point..

the game is over tdntn... you can say "good job" bulldogs without becoming one (a bulldog) yourself...and you can pull hard for riverdale this coming year...your ability to do that will show the great character you posses /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i dont need you to teach me the "etiquette" of football. game is played on the field, where the bulldogs are 19-1 against the warriors, but on coacht (not limited to this thread), they are a WORLD above us. that dont fly.

"good job" to smyrna, as a member of region 4 5A, for winning the title.

oline truly is the only question...but i am comforted by the thought that i have never seen a "bad" oline fielded by the warriors. smithson will take care of his, been hearing good things about mccluskey (i believe who is a cousin of adam mc. of class of 06), alot more big guys who i dont know their names. to say they should be able to pull something together is an understatement.

we saw a couple glimpses of cody west last year on varsity, i was impressed and cant wait to see him on the field this year. i think he is a competitor like britton, the thomases, and smith