4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So both could win on a regular basis?

What is holding these two programs back?

For Blackman it was a combination of Coaching in the past and losing some good players who 'suddenly' found they liked playing at Riverdale. That does NOT go on now that Coach A is in charge at R'dale.

For Siegel it is a matter of Coaching. The old Coach at Blackman and the current HC that had NO HC experience that I know of until he got the slot at Siegel are both together there. Rankin's fine hand was involved there also. Also they are WAY too predictable. Fans are calling the plays even before the team breaks the huddle so it does NOT take a defensive genius to stop them. Gotta give Siegel one thing though is that they have some of the most optomistic and vocal fans in the Region during actual football season. What they lack in talent they somehow find from the Oakland zone though. LOL Smyrna finds theirs in both the Blackman and the LaVergne zones.

Blackman 'could' have had Coach Crawford from the beginning and Siegel almost had Coach Britton from the beginning. Why they BOTH did NOT get the jobs was PURE politics and egos.

Year before last Siegel had one of the best backs in the Region but nothing else. They played him while he was hurt and had NO buisness playing, but was put in because they had no other offensive threat. Blackman's biggest problem is they had NO weight program to speak of and it showed in the trenches as everybody pushed them around.

Now we are seeing the effect that everyone has caught up to R'dale in the weight training advantage they have always enjoyed. This combined with NO passing game has spelled disaster for R'dale these last two years.

Like I have said before it is gonna be a wide open Region this year and it is anybodies guess who is gonna wind up on top.

So what you are telling me, with a little coaching Blackman and Siegel could be consistent winners?

Since Siegel has a good basketball team, wouldn't they excel in the spread offense?

I don't know how much either of these two teams throw, but from what I hear they both have tremendous athletes.

Blackman could for sure now that they are working hard on the weight program.

Siegel had a basketball player out for football but heard and listened to the 'footsteps' that were coming at him so he did NOT catch much. 'If' Siegel did work hard in the weight room they could have a line that could protect their QB and actually complete some passes, but if they stay true to form they will say they are working hard but it NEVER shows on the playing field.

A spread offense would work well in Region 4 if someone could combine a great line with receivers who has hands. That was the key to Smyrna's success. They DID have more than one receiver that could catch added to the fact they had a QB that just did NOT quit and was able to hit his receivers no matter what position he was in. I have seen Sonny Gray hit receivers when there should have been no way he could get the ball off. Their weakness was the fact they had a BIG line but were NOT strong. Coach Wyatt is correcting that though. It showed late last year.

As it is now though teams if they throw usually only have one main receiver and maybe one alternative so the one good one is usually covered like a blanket.

The biggest thing R'dale had over the teams in Region 4 was a combination of strength and consistancy plus they WERE unpredictable. With the Wing T that unpredictability has gone right out the window. Now teams just load the box and stop them after 3-5 yards.

Blackman could for sure now that they are working hard on the weight program.

Siegel had a basketball player out for football but heard and listened to the 'footsteps' that were coming at him so he did NOT catch much. 'If' Siegel did work hard in the weight room they could have a line that could protect their QB and actually complete some passes, but if they stay true to form they will say they are working hard but it NEVER shows on the playing field.

A spread offense would work well in Region 4 if someone could combine a great line with receivers who has hands. That was the key to Smyrna's success. They DID have more than one receiver that could catch added to the fact they had a QB that just did NOT quit and was able to hit his receivers no matter what position he was in. I have seen Sonny Gray hit receivers when there should have been no way he could get the ball off. Their weakness was the fact they had a BIG line but were NOT strong. Coach Wyatt is correcting that though. It showed late last year.

As it is now though teams if they throw usually only have one main receiver and maybe one alternative so the one good one is usually covered like a blanket.

The biggest thing R'dale had over the teams in Region 4 was a combination of strength and consistancy plus they WERE unpredictable. With the Wing T that unpredictability has gone right out the window. Now teams just load the box and stop them after 3-5 yards.

What about the administration at both schools?

So both could win on a regular basis?

What is holding these two programs back?

The problem really is that Rutherford County has SIX schools playing in Region 4-5A. Too much competition, every school has great talent but some sink some float. You saw what our #8 team Blackman could do to Region 3's #1 team Lincoln County at their place winning 14-0 this year.

If Rutherford County had schools in each classification, I can guarantee it wouldn't be no Blount County everyone was talking about. We have three 1A schools (MTCS, Eagleville, Lancaster Christian), if they took the six 5A schools (Riverdale, Lavergne, Blackman, Oakland, Siegel, Smyrna) and have atleast one in every classification 1A-5A you would see multiple Rutherford teams with gold balls every year aswell.

Of course that would mean we would have to build smaller schools to meet those enrollment numbers for smaller classifications...just not a smart idea with the current growth in our county haha. Every school but Siegel has had to build additional classrooms in the past 3 years to accomadate the growth.

i think both blackmans coach and siegel coach do a great job and i think the result will start to show soon...

i hate that oakland got rid of ferguson he was doing great things there too now they have mcdaniel in there i do not like that hire...i wish we still had him and some of his staff here at RIVERDALE

I will agree with the part about wishing WE still had Coach Mac and his staff at R'dale.

Coach Switzer I do not know about Blackman but considering Siegel's Principal is the BROTHER of the Principal at R'dale I can say YES football is supported by the administration. If nothing else their games against each other makes for some really fun family dinners for them. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

tdntn makes an excellent point about the sheer size of the schools here in Rutherford County and their dominance in 5A football in Tn. While we may not win every game against out of Region opponents, they do know they have been in a game every time. Williamson County can also say pretty much the same thing as they are pretty strong also. The next re-zoning of schools is going to be interesting as to whether the TSSAA tries to break up this power hold Middle Tn has on 5A football.

Siegel High School in Murfreesboro,TN is seeking assistant football coaches with a possible coordinator position. Teaching positions are Science and English. Please send resume to David Watson at

Anyone know what positions they are looking for? Did a coordinator leave?

Did someone leave there to open up a slot? I seem to recall that Guthrie was calling the O this year and Alsup the D. Did Alsup retire or something? As far as I know, Guthrie ( ex Christiana Middle Head Coach) has only been there a short time so can't imagine he would leave.

Hope no one at OHS makes the move there as a coordinator......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />