4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale MIGHT miss the playoffs altogether this upcoming season. Smyrna is going to be good. They have good receivers and a very good running back returning. Both LaVergne and Lebanon are going to be playoff teams. I would not be shocked if the Warriors lost to both of them. Oakland, and Wilson Central are also going to be good football teams.

1.) Smyrna

2.) Lebanon

3.) LaVergne

4.) Wilson Central

5.) Riverdale

6.) Blackman

7.) Oakland

8.) Siegel

Riverdale MIGHT miss the playoffs altogether this upcoming season. Smyrna is going to be good. They have good receivers and a very good running back returning. Both LaVergne and Lebanon are going to be playoff teams. I would not be shocked if the Warriors lost to both of them. Oakland, and Wilson Central are also going to be good football teams.

1.) Smyrna

2.) Lebanon

3.) LaVergne

4.) Wilson Central

5.) Riverdale

6.) Blackman

7.) Oakland

8.) Siegel

This region is completely wide open. I wouldn't know how to rank them. Initially my thought was this was Smyrna's year to climb over that hurdle, but with the coaching search who knows. This year is going to come down to who can replace what was lost from 07.

In alphabetical order

Blackman - The balleyhooed class are now Juniors. How will they step up? Replacing QB

LaVergne - Lost just about as many athletes and lineman as anybody. Who will their QB throw to?

Lebanon - Lost their QB - Will somebody step up?

Oakland - Coaching change - How will they respond to the change? Depth and overall athleticism will be a question

Riverdale - O-LINE...how will you replace 5 college bound linemen? Who will be the "go-to" back that Riverdale is known for

Siegel - too many to list

Smyrna - Everyone knows about Rod and Sonny leaving - who will step up at QB? Who is going to be the Head Coach? Who is going to be calling plays? Defensively they should be pretty solid, but can they score?

You can make a case for every team NOT to be able to win the region this year, but somebody will win it. This will be a great year with so much balance and teams struggling to establish an identity. I can't wait.

This region is completely wide open. I wouldn't know how to rank them. Initially my thought was this was Smyrna's year to climb over that hurdle, but with the coaching search who knows. This year is going to come down to who can replace what was lost from 07.

In alphabetical order

Blackman - The balleyhooed class are now Juniors. How will they step up? Replacing QB

LaVergne - Lost just about as many athletes and lineman as anybody. Who will their QB throw to?

Lebanon - Lost their QB - Will somebody step up?

Oakland - Coaching change - How will they respond to the change? Depth and overall athleticism will be a question

Riverdale - O-LINE...how will you replace 5 college bound linemen? Who will be the "go-to" back that Riverdale is known for

Siegel - too many to list

Smyrna - Everyone knows about Rod and Sonny leaving - who will step up at QB? Who is going to be the Head Coach? Who is going to be calling plays? Defensively they should be pretty solid, but can they score?

You can make a case for every team NOT to be able to win the region this year, but somebody will win it. This will be a great year with so much balance and teams struggling to establish an identity. I can't wait.

Well, here we go again! I guess the GladeKitties are going to picked last again /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Heck, we cannot even make the alphabetical list.

Maybe we can scratch out a win or two; maybe not.

samiam

Well, here we go again! I guess the GladeKitties are going to picked last again /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Heck, we cannot even make the alphabetical list.

samiam

There is a VERY good chance that the 'Kitties' will be playing Lebanon for the Region championship this year. Some of us knew WC was MUCH better that they were picked last year.

Biggest question is who will be y'alls QB and is he equal to the one you had last year?

Like I said in another post I 'think' R'dale will go 5-5 this year, but I am perfectly willing to eat a BUNCH of crow if they do better. The loss of the entire O-line and the lack of passing at R'dale is NOT good for them to do much better though.

Oakland is the dark horse this year, as is Blackman.

Siegel has finally achieved consistancy. Unfortunately it is BAD!

The one thing I do know about this up coming season is it is so wide open I will NOT be betting on ANY Region 4 games this year! Well maybe some Siegel games if I can find someone stupid enough to actually bet on them.

samiam

My bad....no ill will intended, just got in a hurry. They fall in line with everyone else in that they lost a significant part of their team.

Wilson Central - Lost Majors and the QB (who was one of the grittiest players in the Region)...Who will fill those shoes.

There now everyone is accounted for. Should be a great Region race with several teams having a shot. There is no more fighting for just the last spot or two, all 4 spots will be battled for. Each week in Region will be critical.

There is a VERY good chance that the 'Kitties' will be playing Lebanon for the Region championship this year. Some of us knew WC was MUCH better that they were picked last year.

Biggest question is who will be y'alls QB and is he equal to the one you had last year?

Like I said in another post I 'think' R'dale will go 5-5 this year, but I am perfectly willing to eat a BUNCH of crow if they do better. The loss of the entire O-line and the lack of passing at R'dale is NOT good for them to do much better though.

Oakland is the dark horse this year, as is Blackman.

Siegel has finally achieved consistancy. Unfortunately it is BAD!

The one thing I do know about this up coming season is it is so wide open I will NOT be betting on ANY Region 4 games this year! Well maybe some Siegel games if I can find someone stupid enough to actually bet on them.

What will be the feeling of the Riverdale nation if the Warriors did happen to miss the playoffs in 2008???? Would Aydelott be on the "hot seat" right away????? Riverdale is in a noticable decline as it relates to them running rough shot over every other team in the region. Smyrna has won two state titles and beaten Riverdale in the playoffs once along that road. Wilson Central embarrassed Riverdale in an early round game of last year's playoffs.

With as many college players as Riverdale had on the field last fall they should have never been eliminated in the second round. Them in 5A and Knoxville Catholic in 3A were last year's two biggest playoff disappointments IMO.

Personally, I think Gary Rankin left at just the right time. Aydelott is a good coach and did some good things at Hillsboro but at the same time MEDIOCRITY is just something that is not acceptable at Riverdale. You aren't allowed to use "we're young" as an excuse at that place. Rankin never did that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

samiam

depends on if elrod will be running the wing t or is he leaving again. Everyone saw that without him your kittie went 2-8 and with the same kids elrod helped them make the quarters. the man is a genius. hope for your'kitties' sake he is back. oh, and for aric's sake i hope he is too.

What will be the feeling of the Riverdale nation if the Warriors did happen to miss the playoffs in 2008???? Would Aydelott be on the "hot seat" right away????? Riverdale is in a noticable decline as it relates to them running rough shot over every other team in the region. Smyrna has won two state titles and beaten Riverdale in the playoffs once along that road. Wilson Central embarrassed Riverdale in an early round game of last year's playoffs.

With as many college players as Riverdale had on the field last fall they should have never been eliminated in the second round. Them in 5A and Knoxville Catholic in 3A were last year's two biggest playoff disappointments IMO.

Personally, I think Gary Rankin left at just the right time. Aydelott is a good coach and did some good things at Hillsboro but at the same time MEDIOCRITY is just something that is not acceptable at Riverdale. You aren't allowed to use "we're young" as an excuse at that place. Rankin never did that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From 'RUMORS' I am hearing the seat is already heating up. While having a winning season is good enough at Metro, it is NOT good enough at R'dale. There are some big money boosters at R'dale that are NOT happy right now, and I will add that I am NOT one of the big money boosters. Been getting credit for it I hear but it is NOT me this time.

I like Coach A and especially what he is doing to help the kids get noticed by colleges. I am so-so on the wing T. Only problem I do have with it is the fact we are not throwing enough to keep defenses honest and folks are loading the box with 11 at times against us. I also 'think' we should run the score up more so some younger players actually get some playing time before they have to go in at crunch time.

I also WOULD bring back 'running the snake' if the team messes up and lets teams score against us. That is why so many teams did NOT score against us in the past. Misery and sweat is a good motivator for the team to do well.

From 'RUMORS' I am hearing the seat is already heating up. While having a winning season is good enough at Metro, it is NOT good enough at R'dale. There are some big money boosters at R'dale that are NOT happy right now, and I will add that I am NOT one of the big money boosters. Been getting credit for it I hear but it is NOT me this time.

I like Coach A and especially what he is doing to help the kids get noticed by colleges. I am so-so on the wing T. Only problem I do have with it is the fact we are not throwing enough to keep defenses honest and folks are loading the box with 11 at times against us. I also 'think' we should run the score up more so some younger players actually get some playing time before they have to go in at crunch time.

I also WOULD bring back 'running the snake' if the team messes up and lets teams score against us. That is why so many teams did NOT score against us in the past. Misery and sweat is a good motivator for the team to do well.

R'dale has had some great, great defenses for sure. However, people didn't score on them because they would be up 42-0, the other team would be driving(in the 4 qtr) and what happens......here comes the 1st string defense. That's how they would go 12-14 qtrs without a score against them. I'll say it again, they were very, very good on defense but thats how they kept people from scoring at all.