4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say they weren't eligible. I know for a fact they are, but when people talk about how great they were as freshman, they should have been sophomores last year that's all and this I do know.

Look. They went from friggin 8th grade football to Varsity starters. Period!

Negatives each team must overcome (in alphabetical order)

1.) Blackman-Loss of coordinators; good hires will solve this quickly

2.) Lavergne-Heavy losses; this was a very good team in 07; that had untimely injuries

3.) Lebanon-May have depth problem due to thin classes behind Seniors; tough opener /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

4.) Oakland-Coaching change plus needs some early confidence; can get it in first game /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

5.) Riverdale-Heavy losses, but they still have not lost region game in over 10 years

6.) Siegel-The annual mystery team; must get over the hump!............tough opener /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

7.) Smyrna-Coaching change plus loss of (2) great skill players, but ..............

8.) Wilson Central- Loss of key skill players; will be hard for them to replace

KEY OPENERS

1.) Smyrna-siegel

2.) Oakland-Riverdale

3.) Smyrna-Lebanon

Smyrna really looks to be the favorite.....................rest is a youpickit!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Should be a competitive region

Grizzlies, go to the top of the page and click on schools. Then type in the school that you want the schedule for. Click on it, then click on football to the left. It will say schedule at the top. Click on that and it will show the 07 one. You can simply reverse it. It will be the same week as before but if it was at home, then it will be away. Some of the schools have their 08 schedules posted already, but most do not.

Who in the region is currently in spring practice? Have there been any scrimmages? Results or comparisons??

I know over here in Wilson that MJ has scrimmaged Greenbriar...............how did it go?

I think Lebanon went with Beech............thtruth....any results there?

Oakland is practicing..............have they scrimmaged anyone?

ditto on Riverdale and siegel!!

I am pretty sure that my "GladeKitties" start this week

samiam

Pulled this off the Franklin web site:

Per Coach Webb (May 1st, 2008):

- The spring practice will conclude with the Riverdale scrimmage which is scheduled for 4:00pm, May 16th here at Franklin High School. It is scheduled earlier in the day due to Riverdale graduation later that evening.

Link:

Franklinfootball.com

a RIVERDALE coach told me it was at RIVERDALE