4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

As for the 'top team' in 08, I think it is still way too early for ANY team in the state to claim that spot.

Isn't that what message boards are for? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I don't think it's too early to make a case for a team as the top dog heading into '08...I just don't know enough about all the top teams from different divisions to make an argument.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Lebanon

2. Riverdale

3. Smyrna

4. Siegel

5. Blackman

6. Lavergne

7. WC

Yet another instance of Oakland getting no respect. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Folks it is NOT rocket science, Class 5 Region 4 has "EIGHT" teams in it. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Isn't that what message boards are for? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I don't think it's too early to make a case for a team as the top dog heading into '08...I just don't know enough about all the top teams from different divisions to make an argument.

Heck, not knowing ANYTHING about football has not stopped folks from making predictions on here. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Usually they are from Siegel though. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW, Congratulations to MBA for scheduling a really tough opener for this season. Looks like they are gearing up for a great season this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Heck, not knowing ANYTHING about football has not stopped folks from making predictions on here. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Usually they are from Siegel though. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW, Congratulations to MBA for scheduling a really tough opener for this season. Looks like they are gearing up for a great season this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It should be alot of fun. Moeller, obviously, is one of the more storied programs anywhere, and definitely one of Ohio's best. I expect them to battle X in the GCL this year.

I know I'm confident about MBA this year, but is it unreasonble to say they could be the top team in Tennessee in 08? There are some top freshman who will slide in nicely at skills positions. I just I would like to hear some more objective thoughts on MBA vs other state powers. Obviously, going to the Herbie will give MBA alot more credibility in the eyes of tohers.

Blackman could for sure now that they are working hard on the weight program.

Siegel had a basketball player out for football but heard and listened to the 'footsteps' that were coming at him so he did NOT catch much. 'If' Siegel did work hard in the weight room they could have a line that could protect their QB and actually complete some passes, but if they stay true to form they will say they are working hard but it NEVER shows on the playing field.

A spread offense would work well in Region 4 if someone could combine a great line with receivers who has hands. That was the key to Smyrna's success. They DID have more than one receiver that could catch added to the fact they had a QB that just did NOT quit and was able to hit his receivers no matter what position he was in. I have seen Sonny Gray hit receivers when there should have been no way he could get the ball off. Their weakness was the fact they had a BIG line but were NOT strong. Coach Wyatt is correcting that though. It showed late last year.

As it is now though teams if they throw usually only have one main receiver and maybe one alternative so the one good one is usually covered like a blanket.

The biggest thing R'dale had over the teams in Region 4 was a combination of strength and consistancy plus they WERE unpredictable. With the Wing T that unpredictability has gone right out the window. Now teams just load the box and stop them after 3-5 yards.

this last season besides the riverdale game siegels QB was never touched and the running game was fine.......the trigger man just wasnt playing ball

i have heard rumors that ferg from oakland might land in siegel country.........him and watson are boys and they could partner up to destroy another promising football team.....and i dont want to hear about peoples good morals and teachings.......the bottom line is this........these guys arent made to be head coaches or the main coaches of any program..........ive been around both of them......they are real intelligent in their own separate departments such as coaching the lines because that is what they used to do...they just arent head coaches...

My predictions are WAY different from what everyone else has but i believe these predictions are actually possible

Siegel

Lebanon

Riverdale

Blackman

Oakland

Smyrna

Wilson Central

Lavergne

Siegel returns 7 starters on offense and 7 on defense.....the defense kicked it into high gear around week5 last year and will feast on that momentum coming into this season....they return their whole o-line (which was underrated) minus one man....and Witt to Gooch will be a lethal combination next season........this whole prediction is based on if Witt stays healthy....if he goes down the season may be done they could be down by lavergne

Lebanon is just one of those teams that seem to hang around every season and is always solid.....this year they rise to the occasion with a strong defense and tough offense with the maynard brothers..(i think its maynard) either way the brothers that were a good tandum last year when Sallis got hurt...

Riverdale is Riverdale.....theyll find a way despite not being no where as strong as they have been in the past.....but it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt make the playoffs and someone like Oakland or Smyrna made it instead.....the week 0 matchup with Oaktown is huge

Blackman is everyones wild card and they are mine too....i just actually have them getting into the playoffs unlike most people.....Wallace is gone and that is a huge loss but they have enough athletes to still run their spread offense...Collier and Bowers can both throw the ball a little bit so they should be ok there and the defense should be a lot better this year with more experience...

Oakland can very easily make the playoffs with a win or two against teams they are suppose to beat for example (week 0 against Riverdale) or against someone like Smyrna or Lebanon......they still have a great core group of skilled players on their roster.....i just really worry about the offensive line who just got pummeled last year as a unit.......Schaller will be fine if he has some people to protect him and a better passing scheme to execute......Precious and Sam should have huge years in their senior campaigns though...

Smyrna lost "TWO MVP's" last season and many offensive weapons besides that.........the defense might be fine but with all the coaching changes and lost personnel i just dont see things flying high this season for Smyrna .......they might prove me wrong but it is REALLY hard to replace players like Sonny and Wilkes who lead the way to back to back state championships...

Wilson Central......................................they lost everyone from McChurch to Majors to that huge tightend they had #89............they might struggle a tad bit this season...

LaVergne is returning Mike Crocker but who and what else..............i thought Wilson Central might struggle real bad but looking at the losses for Lavergne.....im sorry because i like Lavergnes football team.....but yall could be horrible.....yall had a lot of injuries last year and this year yall lose yalls offensive line so who will protect Crocker?........Who lose your secondary with Bather and and others......whos passing attack will yall stop?.....The D-line was already bad......so whos running attack will yall stop?......and who will Crocker hand the ball off to and throw it too........there is no one left.........someone give me some names to make me feel like it wont be as bad as i made it sound

Lavergne isn't counting on Crocker anymore to man the qb position. I have it from a great source that Mr. Crocker was removed from the team recently for substance abuse. Such a shame b/c he was very talented. This kind of thing seems to happen every yr to some talented athletes within this region . Very sad........seems like they would respect their GOD-given gifts and stay on the straight and narrow path.

As for the Ferg rumor.....that is what it is....a rumor, just like the one we heard for the last 2 yrs that Moose was deserting OHS to be their DC at Siegel. My next door neighbor swore over and over that he was seen at Siegel talking to Watson. Wishful thinking......hahahahahah!!

Ferg is on the staff at FRA with David Pack , and has been practicing with them for over a month now. I have talked to some fans from there that are already impressed with him. I think this is truly a good fit for him.

Soph1025, you are right....not everyone that coaches is destined or cut out to be a head coach. Many have no desire to take on that burden. Some are more suited to the assistant role b/c of how well they relate or can encourage the players. I know my son looked up to Ferg and enjoyed joking with him and going to him in times of need. He was thought of as a friend. Marty U played a different role to him......when Marty walked into a room......talking stopped and the guys automatically sat up straighter. They feared him and wanted to please him at the same time. You have to find that balance. I think Ferg was just too good of a guy to be stuck in that role.

There are several in the head coach capacity in this region that I feel may be better suited as simply fantastic assistants. I think Coach Britton also may fall into this category like Ferg. Blackman folk seem to think this also applies to Coach Wells. You also come across situations where there are way too many coaches on a staff that are in a BUDDY role b/c they want to be considered the COOL coach on staff.....that should instead remember who the adult is and who the child is. Those coaches have no respect within the rest of the coaching ranks b/c they are not really turning these players into men. Some of them jeopardize the relationship b/t them and the head coach b/c they allow the players to dog, mouth off about, disrespect, or make fun of the head coach. There is no call for that in my eyes.

the region this year is up for grabs.. i'm not gonna preditc a winner cause it could be Riverdale, Smyrna, or Wilson Central. Blackman is prolly gonna take 4th followed by LHS and LHS for 5th and 6th either one there. Then Oakland and SIHS battle it out for 7th and 8th. Sadly i'm going to miss this season cause ill be away with the guard but i've got friends keeping me posted. Good luck to the Region and i would preffer Smyrna bring home state but as long as our reigon does im happy

the region this year is up for grabs.. i'm not gonna preditc a winner cause it could be Riverdale, Smyrna, or Wilson Central. Blackman is prolly gonna take 4th followed by LHS and LHS for 5th and 6th either one there. Then Oakland and SIHS battle it out for 7th and 8th. Sadly i'm going to miss this season cause ill be away with the guard but i've got friends keeping me posted. Good luck to the Region and i would preffer Smyrna bring home state but as long as our reigon does im happy

become a plus memeber and keep coming to coach T the internet is availbale almost anywhere