4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

R'dale has had some great, great defenses for sure. However, people didn't score on them because they would be up 42-0, the other team would be driving(in the 4 qtr) and what happens......here comes the 1st string defense. That's how they would go 12-14 qtrs without a score against them. I'll say it again, they were very, very good on defense but thats how they kept people from scoring at all.

Like I said about the snake, it does add motivation. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The offense getting up by that many added to the ability of the second, third, and even 4th string getting playing time in games.

NOBODY on the team wanted to run the snake either on defense or offense. Another team scored then EVERYBODY ran it.

It also had the effect of weeding out the real players from the wannabees also.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From 'RUMORS' I am hearing the seat is already heating up. While having a winning season is good enough at Metro, it is NOT good enough at R'dale. There are some big money boosters at R'dale that are NOT happy right now, and I will add that I am NOT one of the big money boosters. Been getting credit for it I hear but it is NOT me this time.

I like Coach A and especially what he is doing to help the kids get noticed by colleges. I am so-so on the wing T. Only problem I do have with it is the fact we are not throwing enough to keep defenses honest and folks are loading the box with 11 at times against us. I also 'think' we should run the score up more so some younger players actually get some playing time before they have to go in at crunch time.

I also WOULD bring back 'running the snake' if the team messes up and lets teams score against us. That is why so many teams did NOT score against us in the past. Misery and sweat is a good motivator for the team to do well.

Let me get this straight................the secret to the very good Riverdale defenses was a drill called the "Snake". So this means if a team; any team does the "Snake"............so if even Cumberland County incorporates the "Snake" then the other teams in Region 3-5A will be unable to score. Please give me that drill!!

Also, I know you really like Coach A, but he would really appreciate you not running over him with that bus you are driving................especially when you put it in reverse; it doubles up on the tracks on his back.

depends on if elrod will be running the wing t or is he leaving again. Everyone saw that without him your kittie went 2-8 and with the same kids elrod helped them make the quarters. the man is a genius. hope for your'kitties' sake he is back. oh, and for aric's sake i hope he is too.

Also, if memory serves me correctly, they loss a fair bit to the previous team under Alexander was probably as good as any team that WC has had. Yes, Elrod is a very good offensive coordinator and gives WC a great advantage, but he doesnt swing the tide by that much.

Also, if memory serves me correctly, they loss a fair bit to the previous team under Alexander was probably as good as any team that WC has had. Yes, Elrod is a very good offensive coordinator and gives WC a great advantage, but he doesnt swing the tide by that much.

Yes he does.

Yes he does.

So when Elrod isnt roaming the sidelines at WC, they basically forget how to play football? You can coach em up till your blue in the face, but if the kids dont go out there and execute it doesnt matter how good you are. As good as their offense is/was, their defense deserves just as much credit for the success they had last season. A team with just a great offense is the playoffs is destined to fall short, but if you can score a decent amount of points and have a rock solid defense, more often than not that can lead to a gold ball.

So when Elrod isnt roaming the sidelines at WC, they basically forget how to play football? You can coach em up till your blue in the face, but if the kids dont go out there and execute it doesnt matter how good you are. As good as their offense is/was, their defense deserves just as much credit for the success they had last season. A team with just a great offense is the playoffs is destined to fall short, but if you can score a decent amount of points and have a rock solid defense, more often than not that can lead to a gold ball.

Elrod is way too old to roam any sideline anymore; He would get lost. I understand that Aric is getting him a new rocking chair, support hose, and has also thrown in an extra case of "DEPENDS". Pre-Game meals must include "soft" food.

your right the defensive coordinator did a fantastic job. But the year prior to Elrods return the WC ofense was predictable and gross. He does make a remendous diffrence

Let me get this straight................the secret to the very good Riverdale defenses was a drill called the "Snake". So this means if a team; any team does the "Snake"............so if even Cumberland County incorporates the "Snake" then the other teams in Region 3-5A will be unable to score. Please give me that drill!!

Also, I know you really like Coach A, but he would really appreciate you not running over him with that bus you are driving................especially when you put it in reverse; it doubles up on the tracks on his back.

The 'snake' is not the secret. It is just a motivator to do good.

As to how to do it, you start at the goal line on one sideline and cross to the other side and then keep going up the field in 5 yard increments. This is done in FULL gear and after you finish your regular practice. Once up the entire field for every TD scored against you. Also it is at a full RUN, and NOT walked.

As to the bus, I am not the one driving it. I do however think the Coach SHOULD know what folks are saying so he is not blindsided. If I am going to come at someone it is at their face and not their back. Folks here know exactly who I am so I am not hiding anything or saying anything that I would not say to someones face.

Let me add a second "Yes He Does" vote to Elrod's impact on Wilson Central's success. Trust me, that old man has forgotten more football than most people know! His absence contributed to their 2006 demise and equally to their 2007 success. Wilson Central had a better D in 2006 than they did in 2007, but only had 2 Dub's to show for it.

Let me add a second "Yes He Does" vote to Elrod's impact on Wilson Central's success. Trust me, that old man has forgotten more football than most people know! His absence contributed to their 2006 demise and equally to their 2007 success. Wilson Central had a better D in 2006 than they did in 2007, but only had 2 Dub's to show for it.

I will add a third "YES HE DOES" vote to Elrod's impact on Wilson Central's success. His knowledge and ability to teach it is extreeeeemly valuable. His "presence" on and around the field inspires confidence - it sets the expectation to overachieve. Several of the other assistant coaches are very good, but Coach Elrod is "The Man". Coach Aric is the Head Coach - he thankfully knows to let his assistants do their good work.

I'm gonna 4th it! How else do u explain going from winning 2 or 3 to making it to the 1/4's of the playoffs (beating a very good Riverdale squad in the 2nd round. One year ya have no identity on O and the next your beating peoples brains out with basically the same players.

Elrod is as fine of a man and coach as they come. He is also a very humble fellow. He was INSTRUMENTAL in the success of WC. Give Aric kudos for giving him complete control of the offense. I would have given anything to have had him calling our offense this past season. He knows it like the back of his hand and prepares well for the opposition. I know that Oakland had the ultimate respect for him. Sometimes we don't always realize it, but the guys who have been in the game the longest still have the expertise and cool heads on the sidelines to make the right calls at the right time. It has to be instinctive to be a coordinator and you have to know your opposition's weaknesses and put the time of preparation into it. Veteran coaches understand this and accept it. It would be a shame to game of football to see Elrod hang up his cleats as there is still a LOT left in him.