Region 4a Tournament

IbleedBLUE

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hear some takes on what will happen this year in the tournament... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Should be some great games. I don't think FCS can go to Pickett and win however the other three games are pretty evenly matched so we'll just have to wait and see! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I want to say that PC will run away with this game, but this game scares me to death. PC has played friendship in the first round of the region a couple of times as the #1 seed (1994, 1997) and lost both of those games, now obviously those games were at neutral sites, but this game still scares me. But I agree with you devil, the other games are gonna be very interesting.

I would think that district 7 might sweep the Region 4A tournament this year since both Gordonsville and FC had so many Sr's graduate from their teams last year. Afterall G-ville plays only a couple of Sr's and FC only has 1 Sr and 0 Jr's on the team. But what does that say about the future of those teams and who might be sweeping whom?

Bottom line is district 7 plays GREAT 1A basketball but district 8 plays good basketball and great football and baseball. As for sweeping in those sports please refer to the records of JC, PC, RBS, CC versus district 8A teams in all sports excluding basketball. If memory serves me correctly, the last team from district 7 to win a Region baseball title was Upperman in the mid 80's and Clay County might have won a Region football title around that time as well but I doubt it since Gordonsville was the dominant program in 1A at that time.

Other than that district 8 has dominated all boys sports other than basketball! So 7A fans enjoy your Region 4 basketball tourney because it only comes around once a year then its baseball and football season and everyone knows who which district will dominate then.

FCS is a good team and would have to do alot to upset PC, but I just dont see that happening up there.

Gordonsville and Clay have played 2 times this year and Clay won both by about 10 I believe not sure, both games were pretty good ones until the last minute. Gordonsville was without the services of guard CJ Vaden both times and their football boys one time so I believe this could be a really good game. It will be tough for the Tigers going up to, but they can pull it off. Go get em! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Jackson should beat TC, just depends on what kind of night TC is having, since it is at TC that will help their cause.

Westmoreland I believe will beat Clarkrange. If the Eagles shoot the way they did against TC in the 8A Finals they should win no problem.

Good luck 8A! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

FCS is a good team and would have to do alot to upset PC, but I just dont see that happening up there.

Gordonsville and Clay have played 2 times this year and Clay won both by about 10 I believe not sure, both games were pretty good ones until the last minute. Gordonsville was without the services of guard CJ Vaden both times and their football boys one time so I believe this could be a really good game. It will be tough for the Tigers going up to, but they can pull it off. Go get em! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Jackson should beat TC, just depends on what kind of night TC is having, since it is at TC that will help their cause.

Westmoreland I believe will beat Clarkrange. If the Eagles shoot the way they did against TC in the 8A Finals they should win no problem.

Good luck 8A! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agree with all of that.

When Westmoreland is hot, they are the best team in 8A.

Gordonsville is a totally different team with Vaden. FCS beat Gordonsville by 30+ without Vaden and did not beat them with him.

TC is much better and FCS is extremely young but will be tough very soon.

All 4 teams from 8A are really equal right now.

Baseball??? Who cares! When do 1500 people show up for baseball? Anyway, back to basketball, I think the Bobcats win easily, JC in a close one, Clay and you can't count Clarkrange out. If they play like they did against Pickett they could put a scare into Westmoreland. If they play like they did against Jackson Co. their season is over.