Adamsville vs Middleton

CardinalSports13

I heard the 6'6 white kid that played for Adamsville last year (his name escapes me) is a walk on at Tennessee. He almost averaged a triple double last seasn. Can anyone confirm this. He isn't on the roster. I also remeber the Root kid from Adamsville that was a walkon at Memphis from about 4 years ago. The Mempis crowd would always chant ROOT!!! ROOT!!! when they were blowing an opponent out. Anyone rember that?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middleton is a very tough place to play. And combine that with the teams that Larry Smalley puts on the floor, and they are nearly unbeatable at home. But, I do remember in some recent years that the Cardinals went into Bailey Howell and beat Middleton in the 02-03 season, and the 03-04 season. So Greg Martin knows what it takes to win there. I expect a good game, but then again it could be a total blowout, who knows.

Good luck to coach Smalley and his Tiger squad tomorrow night.

there have always been great games between adamsville and middleton. that use to be the highlights of district 15A before middleton moved out., yet both teams have still found ways to schedule each other and keep the rivalry going. the 02-04 teams of adamsville had brandon perkins, tyler qualls, dominique shoate, justin shirley and others that really challenged middleton and beat them quite a bit. for an avid basketball fan, this rivalry is second to none IMO.

ultimately, this game will be a good one. i wish the best of luck to both teams and coaches tonight. it really stinks that such good teams have to square off so early in the tourneys.

It is amazing that Adamsville has choked in their first game of the district tournament for two straight years. They almost lost both games in the district tournament.

If they can upset Middleton, they can make it back to sub-state. Adamsville's weak schedule probably is a big factor in their play in the post-season.

The gym will be full and the excitement will be there tonight. It will be tough for one of these teams to end their season in the first game of the region tournament.

Adamsville has no chance at Middleton tonight. They will get beat by 20. They play in the weakest district in the state and have went down in the first round again. They think if the beat McNairy they have had a successful season. Looks they will go out the same time as McNairy who played in a much tougher district. So long Cardinals

Adamsville has no chance at Middleton tonight. They will get beat by 20. They play in the weakest district in the state and have went down in the first round again. They think if the beat McNairy they have had a successful season. Looks they will go out the same time as McNairy who played in a much tougher district. So long Cardinals

Its funny that you say that, for McNairy who plays in a much tougher district than Adamsville lost to them twice this year and from the looks of it Adamsville would have done as good or BETTER than Central did in there district, this is about Middleton and Adamsville and i think it will be a great one, i played in this rivalry and loved every game i got to play against Middleton.....i know we always had a tough time against Middleton at Middleton but should have won there last year if Murden wouldn't have hit a shot at the buzzer in the regular season. last year it was an even series the whole year and Middleton played good when Adamsville was at there worst last year in the tourny, this years Adamsville team is alittle deeper and has better guard play than last years team so i expect that if they come out ready it will be one to remember......( and the perkins kid who played in the games between 02-04 was Dustin, his older brother was Brandon i saw where someone mixed them up earlier)

Its funny that you say that, for McNairy who plays in a much tougher district than Adamsville lost to them twice this year and from the looks of it Adamsville would have done as good or BETTER than Central did in there district, this is about Middleton and Adamsville and i think it will be a great one, i played in this rivalry and loved every game i got to play against Middleton.....i know we always had a tough time against Middleton at Middleton but should have won there last year if Murden wouldn't have hit a shot at the buzzer in the regular season. last year it was an even series the whole year and Middleton played good when Adamsville was at there worst last year in the tourny, this years Adamsville team is alittle deeper and has better guard play than last years team so i expect that if they come out ready it will be one to remember......( and the perkins kid who played in the games between 02-04 was Dustin, his older brother was Brandon i saw where someone mixed them up earlier)

Your right it's about Middleton and Adamsville and we know who won there and McNairy even though they lost it took double overtime and they played a terrific game that night if they did lose we are proud of them anddddddddd this is the first time in years that Adamsville beat McNairy so stop the fueding they are both great teams just depends on who's playing good any given night.

I wonder why Adamsville cant beat Middleton at Home. lol!!! (refs)

Add that annoying band and their limited seating capacity to their home court advantage. Am I wrong to think that they play the district tournament in Middleton practically every year. What's up with that? Not to mention no where to park. Oops! I didn't mean to mention that.

Add that annoying band and their limited seating capacity to their home court advantage. Am I wrong to think that they play the district tournament in Middleton practically every year. What's up with that? Not to mention no where to park. Oops! I didn't mean to mention that.

we are a single A school, that means we are supposed to be small. can't help our gym is small, or that we even have a band that plays at games, unlike most other schools, etc... the district tourney, btw, rotates between memphis and middleton each year.

we are a single A school, that means we are supposed to be small. can't help our gym is small, or that we even have a band that plays at games, unlike most other schools, etc... the district tourney, btw, rotates between memphis and middleton each year.

You probably can't help the small gym but that band will have you tone deaf after 4 quarters. I have never been to a basketball game with a marching band playing constantly. The administration should pass out earplugs at the admission table. I mean come on, a marching band in a cavernous gymnasium. The decibels have got be above OSHA requirements. I am sending off a letter to OSHA first thing in the morning. My ears are still ringing and it has been three years since I have been there.