Baylor vs Farragut Scrimmage

CCSMAN

I mean...really? The field? The girls and guys soccer team has been using that field for oh..fifteen years..not one injury on it. Well maybe some slips and slides but its quite funny laughing at your team mate for falling on it. But I really dont see why the field was brought in to this...there were goals werent there? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry P'Wizard Gotta go with Cincyred, & G, The players at Farrugat have worked hard to bring a Quality winning program to represent their school. Their school should reciprocate the hard work to provide a quality place to play.

One man's opinion

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because you play on a field for 15 years and score goals on it...it is ok? I would think with the product that Farragut puts out each year that a quality field would be there for the team. Slips and slides are not funny when someone gets hurt. Farragut has a beautiful baseball field....just can't believe that soccer does no have something better. I would think they deserve better.

I mean...really? The field? The girls and guys soccer team has been using that field for oh..fifteen years..not one injury on it. Well maybe some slips and slides but its quite funny laughing at your team mate for falling on it. But I really dont see why the field was brought in to this...there were goals werent there? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So because you play on a field for 15 years and score goals on it...it is ok? I would think with the product that Farragut puts out each year that a quality field would be there for the team. Slips and slides are not funny when someone gets hurt. Farragut has a beautiful baseball field....just can't believe that soccer does no have something better. I would think they deserve better.

I am totally with you on this one. While it is fun to play with the huge stadium above you, the field is just not up to caliber.

I can tell you, though, that I have lived through the politics in getting things like this done, and even when the money is there and the real estate, it STILL is hard to get done. How did Coach Turner do it? They have a great field, which I love playing on. While Webb's field is the nicest, it still doesn't have lights (which also amuses me that they haven't gotten those in) and is frustrating to play on at times because it runs east to west and that sun is a KILLER if you lose the toss.

Farragut has earned the right to a better pitch. I was down at the city council when they got their proclamation from the mayor! Come on, town of Farragut! Get these boys a field.

I reported the unsafe playing conditions/carpet to the TSSAA state office. Maybe they will look into this. At a minimum, how hard is it to roll up and remove the carpet during soccer season?

Is that a joke "cincyred", come on its a field that has been around for a long long time and I have seen many many many games there and not seen one injury from the carpet, I assume you are a Baylor parent, or older Baylor fan, one of the two; just back off and let the kids play its not your game, the field isnt yours a seat in the stands is there was no reason to go report that

Is that a joke "cincyred", come on its a field that has been around for a long long time and I have seen many many many games there and not seen one injury from the carpet, I assume you are a Baylor parent, or older Baylor fan, one of the two; just back off and let the kids play its not your game, the field isnt yours a seat in the stands is there was no reason to go report that

Agreed.....

I meant goals as in GOALS..with post and nets. Just a joke. But Farragut has tried to get a new field for over five years now..no chance! The idea of the practice field being converted was a great idea but there was no way to charge people for the game because people could just walk up and watch. I dont think the school board liked the idea of a free sporting event

Note..the carpet is nailed down and there is concrete under it...

I meant goals as in GOALS..with post and nets. Just a joke. But Farragut has tried to get a new field for over five years now..no chance! The idea of the practice field being converted was a great idea but there was no way to charge people for the game because people could just walk up and watch. I dont think the school board liked the idea of a free sporting event

Note..the carpet is nailed down and there is concrete under it...

Maybe I am missing something, but Farragut's field does not bother me in the slightest. Yeah, the carpet stinks, and yeah, it is not wide enough. But let's face it, you are not going to find many fields in the area that are wide enough, nor are you going to find perfect grass in the spring. There are fields in Knoxville that are quite a bit worse. West's field is like playing in a bowling alley; it virtually eliminates good flank play, and it is a huge advantage for Tanner and his throws. At least Farragut attempts to stretch the field as much as possible.

Side note: I find this argument a little asinine. Farragut is a public school, as is West. Any coach that has dealt with an AD at a public school knows that you pretty much better be thankful for what you get. Private schools can afford a more soccer appropriate pitch. All arguments to build a new field at Farragut will remain constipated. I for one, get livid when an opposing coach complains about our field. All of us would love to play on a Baylor type ptich, but that just ain't gonna happen.

Forgive me, but it sounds like Baylor might be a little spoiled...or it might just be sour grapes.

Your post is quite silly. I have been reading this thread and from what I know about the Coach...he would never even be on here posting. He would not do it like this and quite frankly I doubt he has given it a thought. These posts are usually by parents and fans....and Baylor has no reason for sour grapes...that is just silly. It was only a scrimmage. I believe the concern was not the grass or even the narrow field....it was from a safety standpoint. I have heard about the carpet under the concrete before...and that you step onto it from the playing area. Yes, it could be dangerous. If no injuries yet....very fortunate. Yes, parents and fans expect alittle more and agreed public schools cannot get the playing areas that private schools get. But we can do better with a safety concern. Just silly to say a coach is involved in a public forum about this. Sour grapes over a scrimmage....just silly by you.

quote name='dins8' date='Feb 23 2008 - 05:02 PM' post='826728202']

Maybe I am missing something, but Farragut's field does not bother me in the slightest. Yeah, the carpet stinks, and yeah, it is not wide enough. But let's face it, you are not going to find many fields in the area that are wide enough, nor are you going to find perfect grass in the spring. There are fields in Knoxville that are quite a bit worse. West's field is like playing in a bowling alley; it virtually eliminates good flank play, and it is a huge advantage for Tanner and his throws. At least Farragut attempts to stretch the field as much as possible.

Side note: I find this argument a little asinine. Farragut is a public school, as is West. Any coach that has dealt with an AD at a public school knows that you pretty much better be thankful for what you get. Private schools can afford a more soccer appropriate pitch. All arguments to build a new field at Farragut will remain constipated. I for one, get livid when an opposing coach complains about our field. All of us would love to play on a Baylor type ptich, but that just ain't gonna happen.

Forgive me, but it sounds like Baylor might be a little spoiled...or it might just be sour grapes.

NDsoccer88 is right. This is about saftey. Not the outcome of some meaningless scrimmage game. Not about the "haves and have nots" of private and public schools. I have seen plenty of games played on football fields and this is the first that I have ever seen that had a carpeted piece of concrete actually on the playing field. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It is the responsibility of us "older" fans to become involved when less experienced individuals make poor decisions that could result in injury to the players we enjoy watching play. It is up to the coaches, referees, and individuals of authority at Farragut to notice this hazzard and fix this unsafe situation. You would not have a carpeted piece of concrete on the playing field of a football game - why is it OK for this to be part of the soccer field?

I just hope no player ever does get injured as a result of this decision by someone at Farragut to inlcude this dangerous sideline construction as part of their playing field. DO the smart thing, Farragut, and line your field so that this sideline is not part of the playing field.

I know this has barely been brought up in this topic, but why do so many people care about the size of the field? Saying playing on a football field isn't good... I mean There are teams in MLS, yeah I know... a joke soccer league, but still pro, that play on football fields... that are actually shorter than where Farragut puts their endlines.. Bearden's field is wide, but seems way too short. Can anoyone really complain though about it though. Has the "small" field hurt Farragut any? Or before Bearden got their soccer field it never hurt them playing on a football field. With the practice field situation... I think whoever said something about getting people to pay is right.. it is way too easy to just walk up and go for free.. I went to a girls sectional game against science hill there a few years ago and half the people I talked to didnt pay.. They jsut walked right by the ticket guy. I guess it is partly his part, but it can still be a problem. There is just no room at Farragut for anything else.. Why is this hard for people to understand? To whoever asked why the carpet is part of the playing field.... it is because they try to make the field as wide as possible.. You know we can always just quit complaining about the field situation.. I have never heard so much complaining about it until the last 2 years...