Region 2-A Predictions

soilder383

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soilder383(Soldier383)

Here are my predictions. Unlike the ladies side of the tourney, this side is a toss-up.

Rockwood@ Wartburg. Wartburg has hit their stride just in time for tourney time. Rockwood had their hearts ripped out by Harriman in the consolation game of their tourney. Pick: Wartburg

Harriman @ Sunbright. Harriman has enough talent to win this one on the road, but due to some youth they sometimes play too inconsistently. Pick: Sunbright

OS @ Grace Christian. Wow, this one will showcase some skilled offensive players in Schultz, Wannamaker, Slusher. The blueprint on how to control Schultz may have been laid in the tourney. But at the same time, Greenback held GCA to 0 points in the first quarter. Pick: OS

Oneida @ Greenback. Greenback has played well most of the year and are back on the upswing. I don't know a lot about Oneida, but seems like King has rallied the troops and they are capable of scoring points by the bunches. Pick: Greenback

Rockwood @ Wartburg: Have to have heart in order to get ripped out. Tigers have none, so Bunch and crew in a rout at home. Wartburg

Harriman @ Sunbright: Youth and talent squeeze out tough road win. Harriman

OS @ Grace: Has potential to be an interesting game. Can OS correct play from district tournament? Can't see Grace having second bad game in a row on home floor. Grace

Oneida @ Greenback: Two well coached teams. Low scoring possibly. Greenback at home in a close one.

I have seen all of these teams play but rockwood. From what you say rockwood doesnt stand much of a chance but they did beat wartburg twice in the regular season. So im going opposite of everyone else and even though wartburg has home court advantage that is a great shooting gym so im saying rockwood wins this one.

Grace and OZ will be one to see from what i seen the other night when oz played oneida i expect oz to come out and play tough because they jumped out 13-0 in the first and oneida came back and won by 12 thats insane how does that happen to oz! in graces game i was highly disappointed in their play but they eventually beat greenback so they are coming in off a win and they have home court advantage, this game will be close all the way through. Im gonna say Schultz blows up in this one and oz wins in OT.

The oneida and greenback game should be a good one to see also. I got a chance to watch greenback play grace wednesday night, and i was impressed with them, but at the same time grace played the worst ive seen them play all year long. Oneida came out and showed they can play ball tuesday night against oz they played superior and after seeing them against oz and greenback against grace. I say oneida wins this one by 10+.

Sunbright only goes 5 deep, they have 2 guys that come off the bench but in all honestly they have 5 players that are decent. Harriman is young and they have good talent and they are much more athletic than sunbright, but sunbright will slow down and play a halfcourt game with harriman, but in the end i see harriman winning cause i dont think sunbright can keep up with harrimans athelticism.

So i got:

OZ

vs.

Harriman

and

Oneida

vs.

Rockwood

An interesting assessment, Kill. I haven't seen enough of these teams to get much of a bearing on who will beat who, but based on the way some of them are playing each game could be considered a toss-up. Wartburg winning the district tournament, even with court advantage was a bit of a surprise. I couldn't honestly see that coming! They are most certainly playing well and that should help them immensely against tournament regular Rockwood. Coach K, if he is still there, is a very good coach and he usually saves his magic for around this time. Grace and OS are, with some arguement, the two best teams from their respective districts. (didn't they both win the regular season crown) They each have significant players that will figure into the outcome (Shultz, Wannamaker, Slusher) and any of those three will decide the outcome. I just think Grace is deeper than OS, but the team that comes to play will leave with the win. I don't think the location is going to be that much of a factor. Sunbright should beat Harriman. They are more experienced and their starting line-up is solid. All things equal, I would think they will advance past the Blue Devils. Greenback-Oneida could have been a wash if Oneida hadn't of upset OS. Oneida has good enough players to win the whole tournament. Team Chemistry will determine if they are going to overcome the 'Kees. They can get really hot.....question is, WILL THEY. We'll see.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By the way, since I rambled on I never made my pick clearly.....so here it is:

Rockwood rides Coach K's magic carpet into the semi's with the upset over Wartburg.

Grace lets the homecourt advantage work wonders for them as they close out the Bobcats.

Oneida travels to the 'Kee Reservation and manages to ambush Greenback.

Sunbright's experience manages to overcome Harriman's youth and atheleticism.

Semi's:

Sunbright vs. Grace

Rockwood vs. Oneida

And guess what........my predictions could be totally opposite and it wouldn't surpise me one bit!

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Kazam /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

i agree with most of these picks except one..the harriman and sunbright game...harriman isyoung but they do have to seniors in Inman and McGill that has carried the load all year, and they have a bench that goes about 9 deep so i see harriman running away with this one, i dont see sunbright handling harrimans pressure def.

my picks.

OZ over Grace- close one

Harriman Over Sunbright

Greenback Over Oneida

Wartburg Over Rockwood

Wartburg over Rockwood- Wartburg might be the hottest team in the region right now, and they finally have found a #2 scorer behind Bunch.

Grace over Oliver Springs- Grace has too much scoring ability and there is no blueprint for stopping shultz just simply pray he has an off night, and keep him off the boards.

Harriman over sunbright- Sunbright goes 5 deep, and Harriman is extremely athletic which gives Sunbright Problems. If harriman controls the tempo, they will win.

Greenback over Oneida- Oneida is playing good ball, but so is Greenback. This one will be the closest of the game Saturday. Titlow will be the difference.

Wartburg over Rockwood- Wartburg might be the hottest team in the region right now, and they finally have found a #2 scorer behind Bunch.

Grace over Oliver Springs- Grace has too much scoring ability and there is no blueprint for stopping shultz just simply pray he has an off night, and keep him off the boards.

Harriman over sunbright- Sunbright goes 5 deep, and Harriman is extremely athletic which gives Sunbright Problems. If harriman controls the tempo, they will win.

Greenback over Oneida- Oneida is playing good ball, but so is Greenback. This one will be the closest of the game Saturday. Titlow will be the difference.

To go along with your greenback prediction alot of people havn't gave greenback alot of respect this year, they were supposed to come in somewhere between fourth and sixth in district,but good coaching and the addition of the Tiltow kid they have been a very dangerous team. They may not pull off this win tonight(but i expect them to) but they will give it all they have.Two years ago if i'm not mistaken they only won three games, to where they are now is almost unbelievable, the Tiltlow kid has played exceptionable for a first year starter not to mention a sophmore, but i believe the upper classmen will step up here on out and this will not be their last game, look out region championship, i gaurantee you one thing grace does not want to play this team on a neutral court

Inquiring minds want to know: "Why would Greenback boys not travel to Oneida during the regular season?"

As for picks: I could go 4-0 or 0-4: Perhaps I should just flip a coin but....what the hey, here goes:

Rockwood makes it 3-0 on the year at Wartburg

Harriman slips by Sunbright

Grace will ride the home court to victory over Oliver Springs in a match up of the regular season district champs

Oneida will get by Greenback