Region 5-AA

mcfan10

Who do ya'll see winning?

1)Ezell Harding vs. 4)Giles Co.

2)Hickman Co. vs. 3)Hume-Fogg

1)Marshall Co. vs. 4)CPA

2)East Literature vs. 3)Lewis County

All games move to Spring Hill after the first round.

I think Lewis Co. and East Literature is by far the most interesting first round game.

What a great game between East and Lewis County! Back and forth the whole way. Brabson and Gleaves played terrific for East. East had solid defense to hold Lewis County down. Lewis County is a quality team. Too bad that they had to meet a hot team.

Sharpshooter - Be nice and give us a report on the Giles County - Ezell Harding game. I know that it did not go your way and I hate it for the 4 seniors, especially those other than Leah who probably played their last competitve game tonight.

What a great game between East and Lewis County! Back and forth the whole way. Brabson and Gleaves played terrific for East. East had solid defense to hold Lewis County down. Lewis County is a quality team. Too bad that they had to meet a hot team.

Sharpshooter - Be nice and give us a report on the Giles County - Ezell Harding game. I know that it did not go your way and I hate it for the 4 seniors, especially those other than Leah who probably played their last competitve game tonight.

No Problem

The Game started out with both teams hitting a couple of lay-ups, after that Ezell Could not put one in the basket. The only player who had a great shooting night for Ezell was Earps. Tia Hambrick was stellar on defense for Ezell. The game was close at half, acouple of points. Giles played a 1-2-2 zone that gave Ezell tons of open three looks. They just could not hit them. For the game I was told Ezell was 5 of 28 from three land. The top three scorers for ezell got clear shots after shots and could not hit them. The press gave Giles trouble and giles made lots of turnovers. But when a team can't hit the open look. What do you do. Giles got a rebound with about 8 sec left in the third and a guard threw up a runner that went it, it gave giles a 9 point lead. Ezell came back and cut the game to four then the game went back and forth. Ezell was 1 of 4 from the ft line and that cost them as well. With a two point giles lead and giles at the ft line, about 9 seconds left, giles got the rebound and Vee young was fouled, it was Ezells 10th so she got 2, she banked the first one in and missed the second, McAlister was able to get off a decent 28 footer that banged off the rim. I guess its their turn to start spring break.

I would like to congratulate East lit, way to go Coach Ellis and Coach PC, for the record I did pick east in this game after seeing Lewis play, I thought Lewis would have problems inside with East. Good luck over in Spring Hill on Monday. Marshall will play you man to man, full court to start. then back off a bit just to press you in the corner's after your cross the half court line. The east lit players and coaches should be proud of their effort this season.

Great play-by-play.

Obviously, I am reading this thread top down. Wow...I never thought Ezell would lose this game. It sounds like they went cold. I watched David Lipscomb do the exact same thing against East Lit in

the first round of the 9AA tourney. It is painful to watch a team that is normally 60% from three-point land go cold. That is why tourney's are so exciting. You never know.

Ezell you are a great team...probably one of the best in the state. You won a very tough district regular season and tournament. You have much to be proud of, and memories and friendships that will last a life time.

East Lit...make that upset first round count! Keep us in there!!

I hate that Lewis lost to Hickman Co. I think They and Marshall Co. are the 2 best in this region... upsetting...

Well if Lewis County is one of the two best teams in the region then it is odd that they are the only team out of district 10AA that got knocked out of the region in the first round. All the 10AA teams beat the 9AA teams and are still standing, with the exception of Lewis County, including Hickman County, who had their way with Hume Fogg tonight. Hickman was up only 4 at half but went on to beat Hume Fogg by 21 and the outcome of the game was never in question. As much as everyone thinks that Hickman County should not have beaten Lewis County, Hickman is totally underrated and have really come on late in the season and proved tonight that they deserve their win over Lewis and their place in the district. Marshall County has a great team and is by far the best team in the region and they did show that with their defeat over Hickman in the District Championship and their defeat over CPA tonight. Lewis County had their chance to prove themselves tonight which would have given them the opportunity to face Marshall County in the second round, but they didn't do that. However, Hickman County did in fact prove themselves tonight and they are the team moving on in the region and have the chance to live another day.