Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

Baseball is a funny game! Last week we were coming off the best game of the season and last night we had the worse game of the year! The good thing is we have another opportunity tonight to get better. This baseball program was on ground ZERO and is starting the uphill climb to the TOP!! We are not near the top today but we are making progress. Even though I may not agree with all the coaching decisions(No one will), I do STRONGLY think Coach K has done a good job. We have a very young team and a young Coach. They all need our patience and support. We can only get ot the top if we all work together. Go Chiefs!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What went on last night is over it is time to move on. Even though I dissagree with the running last night at 10pm I did not say anything as I did not say anything when coach K pulled all starters out but one....the one that caused most of the problems. I think coach K is doing a pretty good job in putting on the field the players that need to be there. Only a few of these players have ever played anywhere but at their local dixie youth program and it really shows when coach K is trying to put 9 good players on the field at one time.......he does not have it. Most of these kids and their parents know nothing other than the dixie youth mentality they growed up with and that will never get them past this level of baseball and will not let this team be successful ever until the kids get away from whats being taught at Madisonville and Vonore.....that teaching being I am the coach and my kid is the best. You want to be successful....get these kids all the training they can stand during season as well as off season.....there are places out their every where to get training.......the problem is the parents don't want to take the time or spend the money to get the kid the training they need to be successful.....so just stay with that same mentality....only play and practice the game during season.....and come watch a losing season year after year.

LOL.

I for 1 really think coach k.is doing a greatttttt job.If he thinks the boys should run ,then they should run,its his call.After all he is the coach.I have no kid out there,but i've seen great strides this year.It will get better.

Now just because you play traveling ball don't make you a great player.Some players are just natural ball players.You can't teach that.Others have to work at it.I see kids out there that played travel ball make mistakes and kids who played dixie make mistakes.I know of alot of kids who played dixie who have or are playing college ball.Both mosers,watkins,stamey,Your coach k.Heres a exsample of what i'm talking about.Allen who is a smooth player,and i really enjoy watching him.I think hes going to be 1 of the best ball players to come out of SEQ HIGH SCHOOL.And yes he played some travel ball,but he also played dixie to.Heres my point ,when he was 7 or 8 in dixie he was good then to.I never got to coach him,but i can remember alot of people talking about how special he was.But i did get to see him play some back then ,and he was good.So travel ball didn't make him the player he is,its a natural ability.He would have been good either way.Now there are some coachs that are not so great in dixie but there are also some in traveling as well.There are also some good coachs in dixie and also some in travel ball.Now i do agree with you on 1 thing.I think kids need to work in the off season.Not just lay the glove down at the end of the season,and not pick it up again until base ball starts.wheather its in the back yard,or at a complex or where ever.I also think the weight room is a big part of it.They need to be as strong as they can.

So coach k.You just keep doing what your doing,you will have success.And then maybe the phones will quit ringing.

p.s.I don't hide behind a screen,if you don't know who i am and would like to know just ask,i'll be glad to tell u.

Baseball is a funny game! Last week we were coming off the best game of the season and last night we had the worse game of the year! The good thing is we have another opportunity tonight to get better. This baseball program was on ground ZERO and is starting the uphill climb to the TOP!! We are not near the top today but we are making progress. Even though I may not agree with all the coaching decisions(No one will), I do STRONGLY think Coach K has done a good job. We have a very young team and a young Coach. They all need our patience and support. We can only get ot the top if we all work together. Go Chiefs!

Go Chiefs!

New coach, new players and same unreasonable expectations by the folks in Madisionville. The entire athletic program needs over-hauled. You might have the man to do it, but gosh how much of this can he take !

We do have the RIGHT men for the JOB! We have improved not only our baseball team but also the athletic Department as a hole. Thanks to Coach K and AD Gregory! The problem is, we have been bad for a while and we are hungry to WIN! That does not mean we are ready to fire or bash coaches. Unfortunately, there are a few fans that will always have some issues no matter the success. Guys keep up the good work! Go Chiefs!!!!!!

CHIEFS.......... Great game on Friday, Chiefs beat Greenback 12-4. Chiefs play at Greenback today @ 5:00pm and are at home on Tuesday @ 5:00 vs Austin East. The Tim Leonard Dedication was great. It was great to see a lot of the old players from years past. Great Job for all those that cordinated this event! Go Chiefs!

CHIEFS.......... Great game on Friday, Chiefs beat Greenback 12-4. Chiefs play at Greenback today @ 5:00pm and are at home on Tuesday @ 5:00 vs Austin East. The Tim Leonard Dedication was great. It was great to see a lot of the old players from years past. Great Job for all those that cordinated this event! Go Chiefs!

As one of the former players priviledged to be present, Thanks to all for the opportunity to honor Tim Leonard! He was a good friend and a good man. Also, it was good to see some faces I haven't seen in a while. Impressive win for the Chiefs, improvement is evident, looking for even better in the near future from a young team. Great job to all!

chiefs lose to loudon last night

Yes, Chiefs Loose to Loudon 14-4. The chiefs gave the Redskins a scare early. Freshman D. Allen hit his first Home Run ( 3 run knock in the second) to give the cheifs a 4-1 lead after two. The chifs held the lead until the bottom of the fourth and the Loudon Bats came alive to score 11 runs in the last three innings.

Chiefs take on Fulton Today @ Fulton and will be home on monday vs Loundon! Go Chiefs!

Yes, Chiefs Loose to Loudon 14-4. The chiefs gave the Redskins a scare early. Freshman D. Allen hit his first Home Run ( 3 run knock in the second) to give the cheifs a 4-1 lead after two. The chifs held the lead until the bottom of the fourth and the Loudon Bats came alive to score 11 runs in the last three innings.

Chiefs take on Fulton Today @ Fulton and will be home on monday vs Loundon! Go Chiefs!

Tell me "Big" do you know what the seeds will be in the district tourney, North and South?