Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were the 3rd seed. We were scheduled to play Fulton on Saturday and was leading 1 -0 in the first when the rains came. Winner would play LC for Championship. They cancelled the tournment. I really hated to see that beacuse I thought we had a good opportunity to win this tournment. We ended up 2-3 on the week. All the loses were very close, we just made too many mistakes.

That's tough. It sounds like the youngsters are growing up a bit. Are there any Friday night(evening) home games left on the schedule? I would really like to see them play, just don't have a lot of free time right now. They play when I am going to work.

Do any of you know if there is any truth to the rumor that was going around school on Monday that the JV games for the rest of the year have been cancelled?

No, the JV games have not been cancelled. The only one was Monday and it will be rescheduled in later April. It was a schedule conflict on Loudon part. JV is scheduled for a DH @ William Blount on Friday and a DH at home against Walker Valley on Saturday.

The Knox Sentinel does keep up with this if coach's report. Here is a linkhttp://stats.prepxtra.com/baseball/boys/te...4825/2007-2008/

Thanks for the info! Looks like it is not up to date.

D. Allen - 3-0

J. Manis - 1-1

A. Bushy - 1-0

R. Carroll -0-1

B. Webb - 0-2

G. Cagle - 0-3

Hey BigC, Looks like the boys are picking up a few wins here & there. Good to hear. I havn't been able to come see them play, but i am going to try and catch a game or 2 if i can. This is just a real busy time of year for me. I have heard that coach K. is doing a real good job with the team, has really been working them hard. This is good news. It will take some time you don't build a program over night, but man it is good to hear that things are heading in the right direction. Good to see these young pitchers having some success looks good for down the road. Sequoyah baseball hasn't been any where near what it should have been over the last 12 years. There is alot of tallent around here and always have been. It will be good to see this program get back to where it should be. Hope everyone will leave coach K alone and let him do his job. He seems to be very excited about coaching and brings alot of energy, and willingness to put in the time and work. That will mean alot for this program. Thanks for keeping us informed. I have been reading this from time to time trying to find out how the team is doing. GO CHIEFS!!!

Hey BigC, Looks like the boys are picking up a few wins here & there. Good to hear. I havn't been able to come see them play, but i am going to try and catch a game or 2 if i can. This is just a real busy time of year for me. I have heard that coach K. is doing a real good job with the team, has really been working them hard. This is good news. It will take some time you don't build a program over night, but man it is good to hear that things are heading in the right direction. Good to see these young pitchers having some success looks good for down the road. Sequoyah baseball hasn't been any where near what it should have been over the last 12 years. There is alot of tallent around here and always have been. It will be good to see this program get back to where it should be. Hope everyone will leave coach K alone and let him do his job. He seems to be very excited about coaching and brings alot of energy, and willingness to put in the time and work. That will mean alot for this program. Thanks for keeping us informed. I have been reading this from time to time trying to find out how the team is doing. GO CHIEFS!!!

Its good to hear from you. I hope to see you out when you get a chance. I think you will like the improvement. I really think the future is bright for the Chiefs. We are playing only two seniors. 4 Juniors, 1 Soph, 3 Freshmen. Coach K also keeps the other players involved and they are getting some game expierence. I am very excited about the future of Chiefs baseball! Have you seen the new Batting/Pitching Cage? We are working hard to raise money to install lights on the field. Hopefully, it will be soon!

Its good to hear from you. I hope to see you out when you get a chance. I think you will like the improvement. I really think the future is bright for the Chiefs. We are playing only two seniors. 4 Juniors, 1 Soph, 3 Freshmen. Coach K also keeps the other players involved and they are getting some game expierence. I am very excited about the future of Chiefs baseball! Have you seen the new Batting/Pitching Cage? We are working hard to raise money to install lights on the field. Hopefully, it will be soon!

We were heading to maryville the other day and my wife looked over and said now that looks good. At first I thought she was talking about me and then i realized she was looking around me at the new Batting/Pitching cage. So after I pouted all the way to Maryville & back, we swung thru and looked at it. I had to agree with her, It did look good! I still think it's a shame that our school system can't get lights on these fields. GO CHIEFS!!!