Overton/ Coach Fuller

CoachF

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anyone really knows what the status of the whole thing is. From what I understand, the people at Overton haven't had anything to do with this since March (I think that is when he was placed on leave). The people at the board have handled everything. My guess is we'll have to know something by the start of the school year.

Thanks for the info Metroman. It wouldn't suprise me if the people downtown didn't know anything about it. I hope everything works out for Coach Fuller. I guess the clock is ticking for a decision with school less than a month away.

Has everyone been put under a microscope by the new Principal? How have the other coaches and faculty members gotten along with her? Just curious.

I am not sure how to put it, but the new principal is in a difficult position. She has made many decisions in the school that needed to be made, and some of them aren't very popular. For example, teachers are held more accountable for keeping parents informed, not letting kids wander the halls, etc. Thats a good thing, but some teachers feel a bit up tight.

With regards to the coaches, I think it depends on who you talk to. Dr. Dillard has made all coaches more accountable for their budgets, but she stays out of the day-to-day affairs. The exact opposite was true of Dr. Hammond. So some coaches like her, others don't.

Overall, I think that the changes she has made in and out of the athletic arena have been good. I have recieved nothing but support. She isn't afraid of doing what she thinks is the right thing, even if it ruffles some feathers. You have to respect her leadership in that regard.

I hope the whole Fuller thing works out for the better of the school. It really caused a lot of tension towards the end of the year. No one knows the entire story and the speculation (on this website, in the paper, and through the rumor mill)has caused a lot of damage to reputations of both Coach Fuller and Dr. Dillard, as well as the school.

• 1 month later...