Union City vs. Humboldt Round IV

red_16

who will be on the all region team from region 7A??

fill in the names..

UC-

Humboldt-

Halls-

LC-

Mckenzie-

West Carroll-

Clarksburg-

Big Sandy-

I'm not sure if you mean Region Tournament Team or just All-Region from the season...

Season All-Region 7A from Humboldt -Charles Taylor, EJ Epperson, Cordero Wade...

Union City will have several players including MVP MJ Brown

LC - Russell Avery and Channen Geanes..

Trenton - Robert Yancey

Other than that, I have no idea..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 and 1/2 hours until game time...Feeling pretty good about my 92-90 prediction...I just don't see either team letting fatigue get in the way...At this point in the season, after playing each other three times already, I just think that both teams will have a better understanding of how to pace themselves in a game like this...Humboldt's playing well offensively right now and well Union City is just Union City and you know what to expect from them...

A few things for Humboldt..

1.You have to keep MJ Brown in check...If we can keep him to around 20 points or less, I'll feel pretty good about our chances...Let the other guys beat you, not him...

2. Get Taylor involved early...Face it, at a 6'6 wing, he poses a matchup problem for everyone on UC...If he can be aggressive and get to the rim with regularity, along with some decent perimeter shooting, he could have a huge night..

3. NO UNFORCED TURNOVERS...Ok, you know that UC is going to force some turnovers...In my opinion, that's not what beats Humboldt...It's the unforced turnovers...Humboldt has about 5 or 6, sometimes more unforced turnovers a game when they play UC, which almost always leads to points...It's just a lack of focus and it's frustration...If Humboldt can be poised enough to avoid those tonight, that could be the difference...

4. 32 minutes...Humboldt is capable of it, but they haven't shown Union City a full 32 minutes all season...If Humboldt puts it all together (decent perimeter shooting, strong inside game, tough, physical defense)for 32 minutes, there are very few teams, if any, in Tennessee that they can't beat...

Union City has not won a region title in 11 years! They have all the tools to do it this year. UC and the 7 seniors are on a mission this year, led by MJ Brown...Red keeping MJ in check is easier said than done my friend..He is so well conditioned he will work u to death..If Humboldt throws the double team he will find the right man because he always does and Humboldt will pay dearly..Humboldt better worry about keeping Tony Wilikens in check because he is a game buster! He can change the mo of that game in a split second..But hey, Humboldt is a great team and very well could win this thing but like i said, ill stick to my guns and say UC will win the region and get substate back in UC because MJ wont let UC lose, and that pressure defense will pay off once again for the Tornadoes and those unforced turnovers will be there for both teams because both teams is a running team and that comes along with it. I say UC wins 88 81.

I think that Humboldt will win the region and the state. They always step up at the right time....

I disagree, last year in the state tournament against Temple Humboldt choked at the end of the game. They had several chances to take the lead but made a few key mistakes at the end of the game which kept them from winning the gold ball last year.

I disagree, last year in the state tournament against Temple Humboldt choked at the end of the game. They had several chances to take the lead but made a few key mistakes at the end of the game which kept them from winning the gold ball last year.

The 4th quarter didn't beat humboldt against Temple, the second quarter did. Temple- 25 Humboldt - 5.

6 and 1/2 hours until game time...Feeling pretty good about my 92-90 prediction...I just don't see either team letting fatigue get in the way...At this point in the season, after playing each other three times already, I just think that both teams will have a better understanding of how to pace themselves in a game like this...Humboldt's playing well offensively right now and well Union City is just Union City and you know what to expect from them...

A few things for Humboldt..

1.You have to keep MJ Brown in check...If we can keep him to around 20 points or less, I'll feel pretty good about our chances...Let the other guys beat you, not him...

2. Get Taylor involved early...Face it, at a 6'6 wing, he poses a matchup problem for everyone on UC...If he can be aggressive and get to the rim with regularity, along with some decent perimeter shooting, he could have a huge night..

3. NO UNFORCED TURNOVERS...Ok, you know that UC is going to force some turnovers...In my opinion, that's not what beats Humboldt...It's the unforced turnovers...Humboldt has about 5 or 6, sometimes more unforced turnovers a game when they play UC, which almost always leads to points...It's just a lack of focus and it's frustration...If Humboldt can be poised enough to avoid those tonight, that could be the difference...

4. 32 minutes...Humboldt is capable of it, but they haven't shown Union City a full 32 minutes all season...If Humboldt puts it all together (decent perimeter shooting, strong inside game, tough, physical defense)for 32 minutes, there are very few teams, if any, in Tennessee that they can't beat...

Number one....Humboldt doesn't have the coach on the bench to win a BIG game but who knows.

Second, Humboldt doesn't have the bench to keep Union city in check on the floor.

Third, Humboldt has a lot of problems when it's trying to keep it's players heads cool.

Fourth, Humboldt doesn't have the floor leaders iot did last year.

Fifth, M J Brown will come out and take full control of the floor for Union City. If the U C 3 point shot is going, look for a doulbe digit win for the Purple & Gold.

Sixth, "Dunks Don't Win Games"

Seventh, "Defense Wins Games"

Eigth, If Union City controls the boards, Union City WILL WIN.

Ninth, Humboldt has to slow down the game in order to have a CHANCE>>>>>

and last but not least...

Tenth, Union City "WILL HOST" a Sub-State Game next Monday Night in the "Thunder Dome"

Go Union City...

Number one....Humboldt doesn't have the coach on the bench to win a BIG game but who knows.

Second, Humboldt doesn't have the bench to keep Union city in check on the floor.

Third, Humboldt has a lot of problems when it's trying to keep it's players heads cool.

Fourth, Humboldt doesn't have the floor leaders iot did last year.

Fifth, M J Brown will come out and take full control of the floor for Union City. If the U C 3 point shot is going, look for a doulbe digit win for the Purple & Gold.

Sixth, "Dunks Don't Win Games"

Seventh, "Defense Wins Games"

Eigth, If Union City controls the boards, Union City WILL WIN.

Ninth, Humboldt has to slow down the game in order to have a CHANCE>>>>>

and last but not least...

Tenth, Union City "WILL HOST" a Sub-State Game next Monday Night in the "Thunder Dome"

Go Union City...

Humboldt doesn't have the coach to win a BIG game? What are you talking about? Coach Boykin has been in the Boro 3 years in a row....It's about to be four.

Humboldt doesn't have the coach to win a BIG game? What are you talking about? Coach Boykin has been in the Boro 3 years in a row....It's about to be four.

Hey Buddy...."The FAT Lady" has started to sing....SHE IS NOW SINGING. Union City has come from 11 points down to "WIN" by what I predicted D O U B L E D I G G E T T S.

A Good game for 2 1/2 quarters and like always Union city has put the "Purple Stomp" on the Vikes and sent them packing to ..........MANASES.

Yes, UNION CITY WILL BE HOSTING THEIR FIRST SUBSTATE GAME IN 11 YEARS AT THE THUNDER DOME.

Something tells me that if and that is a BIG IF , Humboldt can beat manases, we could me again.

Game O V E R ladies and gentlemen and "STILL" the undefeated team in Tennessee

Union City 85

Humboldt 73

Union City Now 33 - 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now TAKE THAt all of you folks who HATE Union City. Kiss our GRITS!!!!