NCW Tourney March 7-8 at Father Ryan

WrestlingLover

The 2nd annual NCW Open Tourney will be on March 7-8 at Father Ryan in Nashville. It was huge last year with some awesome wrestlers from all areas of the state. The Tots, Midgets and High Schoolers go at it Friday night, and all others on Saturday. For registration info go to NCW Open 2008 or e-mail questions to info@nashvillecatholicwrestling.com

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a member of NCW but I think I can answer that question. The state tournament on that weekend is only for a select few age groups (I believe only the younger groups, don't know the AAU age groups as well as I am primarily USAW focused). The state tournament for the older kids (thus larger draw) is the next weekend and does not compete with the NCW tournament. Most of the older kids use the NCW tournament as a final tune-up and you often get better matches there than at the state as typically many of the better kids in the state are at Dixie Duals the same weekend as the state tournament. Hopefully, one year we can schedule these without conflict... which is likely to fall on the state's part as the Dixie Duals draws more than just our state.

Also, I believe that most members of NCW are typically AAU and USAW members. Like most, they go where the competition is.

I am not a member of NCW but I think I can answer that question. The state tournament on that weekend is only for a select few age groups (I believe only the younger groups, don't know the AAU age groups as well as I am primarily USAW focused). The state tournament for the older kids (thus larger draw) is the next weekend and does not compete with the NCW tournament. Most of the older kids use the NCW tournament as a final tune-up and you often get better matches there than at the state as typically many of the better kids in the state are at Dixie Duals the same weekend as the state tournament. Hopefully, one year we can schedule these without conflict... which is likely to fall on the state's part as the Dixie Duals draws more than just our state.

Also, I believe that most members of NCW are typically AAU and USAW members. Like most, they go where the competition is.

This tournament was supposed to be only for the older kids becasue their state is the following weekend. i was present at the meeting where this was discussed.

This tournament was supposed to be only for the older kids becasue their state is the following weekend. i was present at the meeting where this was discussed.

I just starting aau and off season stuff this year and i would like to know if the tournament at father ryan is open and if there are any speacialties such as freestyle,greco,or folk?any info is appreciated

Since NCW is a member of AAU.

Are they going to use some of the fine AAU Refs. out there.

Or does anyone know ?????

I THINK THE AAU BLACKMAN REFS ARE WILLING AND READY FOR THE CHALLENGE!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Copperheads will be there in force . Its hard to believe it is only the (2nd) annual tournament . Do the Indiana teams have any Tots , Bantams , Midgets , or Juniors ? Or just middle & high school ? I hope they have catfish on hand for Friday !

They will have catfish. They catch em outta that big ol pond.