NCW Tourney March 7-8 at Father Ryan

WrestlingLover

Ok correct me if i am wrong but NCW is a member of AAU correct and if so why would they have a open Tourney on the same weekend as AAU state in Cumberland

NCW has only one weekend that they can use the father ryan gym it was same weekend last year and it will always be this weekend in the future. AAU chose to split there tourny's up and move them up a week. Nothing we can do about that. But we are not going to stop having our tournament because like most clubs this is what funds our program. AAU should take that in consideration before they start moving there region qualifers up. As for the Dixie Duals aka future champions camp jordon duals they have always been the same week for the last 8 years or more. If AAU championships want all the top talent at them than they should consider moving there tourny to the following weekend. Lets just do whats best for all involved and try to make one big happy family in the state of Tennessee.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCW has only one weekend that they can use the father ryan gym it was same weekend last year and it will always be this weekend in the future. AAU chose to split there tourny's up and move them up a week. Nothing we can do about that. But we are not going to stop having our tournament because like most clubs this is what funds our program. AAU should take that in consideration before they start moving there region qualifers up. As for the Dixie Duals aka future champions camp jordon duals they have always been the same week for the last 8 years or more. If AAU championships want all the top talent at them than they should consider moving there tourny to the following weekend. Lets just do whats best for all involved and try to make one big happy family in the state of Tennessee.

Well sounds like you want AAU to change around NCW schedule,that is not fair. To change an entire states system to make one team happy. They might be Catholic but they are not god.All they had to do was cancel the (Tots-Bantam-Midgets) and just wrestle (Junior-Middle school- High school). WHY CANT WE JUST GET ALONG AND HAVE A GREAT SEASON.

Well sounds like you want AAU to change around NCW schedule,that is not fair. To change an entire states system to make one team happy. They might be Catholic but they are not god.All they had to do was cancel the (Tots-Bantam-Midgets) and just wrestle (Junior-Middle school- High school). WHY CANT WE JUST GET ALONG AND HAVE A GREAT SEASON.

As I stated before we didn't change our schedule from last year AAU did. And if you have ever ran a tournament be for you would know you can't run one with half of your parents gone. Not all the smaller kids will wrestle at the state. We know our tots thru midgets numbers will be small but thats ok. The top tots - midgets will go to state. The parents with multiple kids can still just go to one place and wrestle. We are Catholic you can't get any closer to God than that. ( just for a laugh )

As I stated before we didn't change our schedule from last year AAU did. And if you have ever ran a tournament be for you would know you can't run one with half of your parents gone. Not all the smaller kids will wrestle at the state. We know our tots thru midgets numbers will be small but thats ok. The top tots - midgets will go to state. The parents with multiple kids can still just go to one place and wrestle. We are Catholic you can't get any closer to God than that. ( just for a laugh )

Well i dont mean to sound rude and hope I dont sound that why, but still doesn`t matter who changed what all that had to be done was not wrestle the little guys i think AAU is alot bigger then NCW. From where i stand and you are not just taking away from AAU but also the little guys. If you were at state last year you know why they changed it. All we hear all through wrestling season is NCW this NCW that dont wine so much and wrestle. And just for laughs I am just as close to my god as you are and i will pray for them

Well i dont mean to sound rude and hope I dont sound that why, but still doesn`t matter who changed what all that had to be done was not wrestle the little guys i think AAU is alot bigger then NCW. From where i stand and you are not just taking away from AAU but also the little guys. If you were at state last year you know why they changed it. All we hear all through wrestling season is NCW this NCW that dont wine so much and wrestle. And just for laughs I am just as close to my god as you are and i will pray for them

Lighten up Francis.

I think that he answered the question, the studs will go to the State Tournament and the rest will get some great mat time at the NCW and maybe even bring home a little hardware.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Catholic Power

Lighten up Francis.

I think that he answered the question, the studs will go to the State Tournament and the rest will get some great mat time at the NCW and maybe even bring home a little hardware.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Catholic Power

Was not looking for a answer,just stating a fact they should have not spit in AAU`s face and went behind there back and invited the little guys. It is that simple that easy. And you know i am Catholic also and people at my church dont ack like that. Show a good example for your kids and us Catholic brothers. No really we need to get along and just wrestle. LOVE FRANCIS

Who's doing the whining? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

NCW just seems to want to host the best possible tournament for those who choose to attend. If AAU feels threatened by some minor competition to their state tournament, maybe they should look inward as to why? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

After reading all of the post IMO this is the sequence of events:

1. Father Ryan (Nashville Catholic Wrestling) hosted a tournament last season (2007) that was a huge success.

2. Father Ryan only has one (1) date that they can host the tournament in 2008 and that is the same date they hosted the tournament in 2007.

3. The tournament is the only opportunity for Nashville Catholic to raise funds.

4. AAU decided that they wanted Nashville Catholic's date to host a state AAU tournament.

5. Nashville Catholic balked a giving their date to AAU and now AAU is trying to act like big brother and tell Nashville Catholic what they are going to do and how they are going to do it.

JMO, but it sounds like both groups have drawn a line in the sand and they are not going to move. If Nashville Catholic had the date last season and the tournament was a success they should be allowed to have the same date this season. If AAU puts Nashville Catholic's back against a wall and forces them to make a decision they may bolt for USA Wrestling when their registration is renewed.

Again it is only my opinion but why does everyone not support USA Wrestling where the revenues generated from tournaments go to our USA National team members and the USA Olympic Wrestling team? Who receives the money from AAU tournaments and what international teams do they support? This type of situation is the same reason that the United States Wrestling Federation (USWF & later USA Wrestling) was selected by the courts to operate all National and International teams (along with the training camps) instead of AAU many years ago. Some of us old farts do remember the arrogant attitude that the Amateur Athletic Union had back in the 1960's and early 1970's.

Oh my gosh - do things never change on some issues in TN - aau vs usa

Come on ya'll - I remember when it was all we could do to get kids to wrestle in the "off season" at one tournament in the state. Let the studs go to state and let the kids still learning go to Father Ryan. It's time for TN to put on some "big boy" britches and stop wearing the short pants. The only way that is going to happen is to have multiple tournaments at various levels of experience going on across the state.

NCW - Thank you for giving the kids the opportunity to get on the mats!

Do what ever it takes regardless of the organization (FCI, USA or AAU) and let's grow wrestling in TN!

Effective 2/29/2008, the NCW OPEN is an independently sanctioned (insured) tournament.

No special cards or affiliations are required to compete.

For more information or to register go to www.nashvillecatholicwrestling.com.

Don't miss out on this year's chance to compete in Tennesse's Toughest Tournament!

This is even better for the kids and their families.

I want to thank NCW for having their tournament . It is not every fathers (childs) ambition to go to the national tournament . Alot of kids wrestle because they think it is fun , and have friends on other teams they get to see and wrestle against . Plus the friendships between parents . And they better still have some fish at the concession stands friday , or I will be in trouble .