Region 6A All Tourney Team

cat1973

ptguard12, I understand coaches voted for 12 people. The problem came with 5 ties for the 12th spot.

I hope Potete or Hammonds don't get caught up in not being picked. Hammonds had a great championship game. Potete was solid in her play.

Lady Cats: Just focus on Forrest or M.T.C.S. Saturday night.

Win and Get back to M'Boro.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

although this was a faulty situation i can promise you this...neither potete nor hammonds lost any sleep last night since they didn't get the award..for they are REGION CHAMPS and now get to host a substate game.i'm pretty sure they're just focusing on what needs to get taken care of to win saturday and be back in murfreesboro! GOOD LUCK LADY CATS! play like you did all week and that gold ball is yours!

You are correct about the players,but as adults someone should be embarrassed about the results.I know there will always be controversy about some of the selections. How more obviously wrong could this year's have been?

unofficially:

wayne county (3): julia myers, rachel melson, tristan daniel

santa fe (4): macenzie white, lauren gardner, lindsey sewell, bobbi dodson

moore county(4): boyce, pincheon, ?, ?

richland (2): rachel glidden, jasmine duke

collinwood (2): lesley daniel, trista rich

summertown (1): haley lovett

Moore County(4) Fallon Boyce, Vanessa Pincheon, Heather Vann, Rachel Garland

After the votes were counted someone should have taken a step back and said "does this make sense". The answer would have been NO. With the total domination by Wayne County, they should have had 4 or 5 players on the list. Not only 3. This is sad.

Did Abby Andrews play? I do not see her name listed.

Special congrats to one of my two favorite high school players for making the all region team. That player is Jasmine "the Diesel" Duke. Add her name to the 2009 Ms. Basketball List.

Region 6A All-Tournament Team

Wayne County - Julia Myers (Sr.), Rachel Melson (Sr.), Tristan Daniel (Sr.)

Santa Fe - Macenze White (Sr.), Lauren Gardner (Sr.), Lindsey Sewell (Sr.), Bobbi Dodson (So.)

Moore County - Vanessa Pincheon (Sr.), Fallon Boyce (Jr.), Heather Vann (Fr.), Rachel Garland (8th)

Richland - Rachel Glidden (Sr.), Jasmine Duke (Jr.)

Collinwood - Lesley Daniel (Sr.), Trista Rich (Jr.)

Summertown - Haley Lovett (Sr.)

Congrats to all the young ladies. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No need to complain...It happened last night with the boys All-Region team!

Moore Co. (Champions) 2 players

Culleoka (Runner-up) 2 players

Cornersville (Semis) 4 players

Collinwood (Semis) 2 players

Mt. Pleasant (1st Round) 1 player

Summertown (1st Round) 1 player

There"s a serious problem in the selection process in Region 6A that needs to be addressed.

Any process used to select an All Anything Player in a Team Sport will always have problems. The lock down defensive player or point guard field general will not be selected even if they were a major reason for the TEAM success unless they also score a bunch of points. Points scored is about the only basis (except for maybe bias) that is usually used for selection. District 12A has the perfect selection process for a TEAM sport. There are no all district players just team players.