south green/elizabethton

Karly

hogg, we can play fast or slow. Just ask Unicoi or South Greene. Having seen Stone last year, I would venture a guess that the Lady Cyclones will try and keep the tempo to their liking, and get the ball inside to Mariah Pietrowski, but if Stone doubles her, drain the jumpers. EHS has some good shooters. On defense I would think EHS would play some zone and try and make Stone earn their points. Last year we kept the score down but turnovers killed us in the end.

We have been rainin three's of late and I hope it keeps up!

I dread the trip but ready for the challenge and feel good about the game, Good Luck!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be a good game Saturday at Elizabethton, as Elizabethton gets a chance to reverse last year's heartbreaking loss. As for South Greene, you won the regular season and District Tournament titles, but found out the Lady Cyclones are not quite ready to hand over their Region dominance quite yet. Elizabethton took two out of three from the Lady Rebels and won the big one. The trip to Austin-East is a tough one, and they will remember their early season loss to the Lady Rebels when they were short-handed. Unicoi Co. also found out that these Lady Cyclones are not to be underestimated with elimination on the line. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Has the Lady Cyclones ever won a state championship?

Not yet. In fact, I believe the trip to the state tournament in 2005 was the Lady Cyclones only such appearance in school history. The Lady Cyclones cannot touch the traditional history of Unicoi Co. or the four state titles of South Greene. Girl's basketball was little more than an afterthought for decades in Elizabethton, where football was king. However, beginning around 2000 the program began to build and receive community support. Since 2003, the Lady Cyclones have numerous District titles and four out of the last five Regional championships. South Greene and Unicoi Co., would love to restore order and take back their traditional places on top of the regional heap, but Elizabethton has upset the apple cart for the past seven or eight years. It makes it more fun, and it should make all three programs work harder to get better.

Not yet. In fact, I believe the trip to the state tournament in 2005 was the Lady Cyclones only such appearance in school history. The Lady Cyclones cannot touch the traditional history of Unicoi Co. or the four state titles of South Greene. Girl's basketball was little more than an afterthought for decades in Elizabethton, where football was king. However, beginning around 2000 the program began to build and receive community support. Since 2003, the Lady Cyclones have numerous District titles and four out of the last five Regional championships. South Greene and Unicoi Co., would love to restore order and take back their traditional places on top of the regional heap, but Elizabethton has upset the apple cart for the past seven or eight years. It makes it more fun, and it should make all three programs work harder to get better.

I love good basketball I wish Lady Cyclones and the Lady Rebels the best of luck, even though we know Coach17 you don't care for South Greene you are always shooting cheap shots in your posts about them. They are a Good Young Team with some very good girls, who love the game and would Love to make Coach Ricker ( former Coach) Proud, they all look up to him and would love to bring something good back into his life. He has suffered so much these past couple of years. Lady Cyclones good luck and hope to see you there. Go Lady Rebels.

I love good basketball I wish Lady Cyclones and the Lady Rebels the best of luck, even though we know Coach17 you don't care for South Greene you are always shooting cheap shots in your posts about them. They are a Good Young Team with some very good girls, who love the game and would Love to make Coach Ricker ( former Coach) Proud, they all look up to him and would love to bring something good back into his life. He has suffered so much these past couple of years. Lady Cyclones good luck and hope to see you there. Go Lady Rebels.

I would hope they look up to their current coach and would want to make him proud as well.

Good luck to both teams in sub-state!

Admittedly, I am not a big South Greene fan, I am an Elizabethton fan. I have great respect for Coach Ricker and South Greene's four state titles. We had some great games against South Greene at the end of Coach Ricker's career and we were deeply saddened when he had his accident and lost his son. I have never said anything other than that South Greene is a very dangerous team and you have to be ready to play if you want to beat them. In my opinion, some of the South Greene's posters have underestimated Elizabethton all year and have forgotten Elizabethton's now four region titles in the last five years. You have a better past tradition, but Elizabethton has been better lately and will not just hand your crown back. I do not view my comments as cheap shots, just suttle reminders that you will have to earn your dominance back on the court, not with brash predictions and statements on these boards. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

Stone Memorial ended Elizabethton's season 47-39 tonight, in a game that Elizabethton led 17-13 at the half. It looks as if Austin East remembered their early season loss to South Greene. Is the 97-74 score correct? If so, that must have been a red hot bunch of Roadrunners......beep! beep! The South Greene vs. Elizabethton rivalry should pick back up next year. With Mariah Pietrowski back and four young and talented new starters next year, I like the Cyclones chances. Go Cyclones!!!!!!