Host schools for District & Region games single A

gymTOgym

I want to know where all the other Single A District and Region games are being held.

District 4 is held at Wartburg every year with the Region 2 games rotating between Wartburg and Harriman.

Apparently, according to TSSAA regulations, no other school in the District is large enough.

What are some of your thoughts on this.

I think both schools does a good job also. But I would like to have the Regionals held at Roane State every year insteed of Wartburg and Harriman.

And for the satellite games I do not like them I would like to have all the district games at 1 place so you can see all of the games and not have to pick witch game you are going to see. Some teams will not ever have the chance to play in front of a big crowd Take Subright nothing against them but when is the last time they made it out of a satellite game? I would like it to go back to like it was and every team plays at 1 gym.

I wasn't saying Wartburg wasn't a good host. The subject isn't of that matter just why the same school.

Harriman did do a great job last year and actually the seating is MUCH BETTER because the stands have walk-way isles that make for fewer disruptions.

I was curious as to where the other Districts in our region held their tournament. Same place everytime or different?

I agree "Catmommy" the games were much more exciting back then. Also, Roane State would be a good place to hold Region.

One thing good about the sattelite games is the other teams have an opportunity to make some money.

I know there is a lot of hard work that goes into hosting but there also is a lot of advantages.

Wartburg and Harriman were chosen for region tournament sites due to location, size and parking. TSSAA wants tournament in a site that is easy for both districts to get to. THe days of all games at one site are over because the TSSAA only allows two games per night on a school night. Thus satellite sites are here to stay for a while.