Hampton v/s Grace Christian

dogtruth

Both teams played in December to an overtime win by Grace Christian. Hampton had a 10 point lead late in the game and blowed it. Hampton's guard play has improved tremendously since then, however Grace seems to have improved some too, especially #44. He was not a factor in December but was MVP in the regional 2A tournament. Grace has 4 great players.. #52 Slusher, #11 Pridemore, #23 Wannamaker, and #44 Williams. Bench play is a question mark for Grace. Hampton may have an advantage there. Should be an awesome game. Hampton had the regional game in their hands but a last second desperation shot has sent them to Knoxville. Two great teams will play for a trip to Murfreesboro and I expect a classic. Comments...

I know having the sectional at home is a big advantage, but remember last year: both home teams in this round lost. I hope Hampton plays as hard as they did in the second half of the region final, they'll have to. I know Grace is an exceptional team, they have speed all over. Hopefully this will be a great game, I know Hampton really should have won the last time these two played, they led the whole game only to play stupid the last three minutes of the game. I also hope the Hampton fans make the trip to support the Dogs, they're gonna need the support. Go Dogs!

I know having the sectional at home is a big advantage, but remember last year: both home teams in this round lost. I hope Hampton plays as hard as they did in the second half of the region final, they'll have to. I know Grace is an exceptional team, they have speed all over. Hopefully this will be a great game, I know Hampton really should have won the last time these two played, they led the whole game only to play stupid the last three minutes of the game. I also hope the Hampton fans make the trip to support the Dogs, they're gonna need the support. Go Dogs!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Private school kids vs. Public school kids. I'll rout for the public school everytime....

Hampton had the game in their pocket in December but their gaurds starting playing with their head's up their butts. Doubt that will happen this time.

ok why do people hate private schools so much? The only difference in athletics is that most private schools have a smaller pool of people to come up with a team. And that kinda makes it harder for private schools to be good. And you gotta give Grace props for being good with only having like 150 kids in the whole high school. And don't give me any bull crap about recruiting because i know for a fact that Grace doesn't do that

ok why do people hate private schools so much? The only difference in athletics is that most private schools have a smaller pool of people to come up with a team. And that kinda makes it harder for private schools to be good. And you gotta give Grace props for being good with only having like 150 kids in the whole high school. And don't give me any bull crap about recruiting because i know for a fact that Grace doesn't do that

rlly only 150? darn that is small my school has like 1600

Well, from what I've seen and heard, most people from the small-schools anyway, see private schools as rich-kid schools, with much deeper pockets to get first-rate facilities. I know not all privates recruit, but a privilaged family with a talented kid can send that kid there and afford it, where public schoold have to make do with the talent that they have in their district. This may or may not be the case with Grace, but you asked what the deal is, and I think that covers it. I also, from my own personal experience, have discovered that some of the most disrespectful, rude and overall redneck fans have been from so-called "Christian" private schools. I'm hoping that Grace will be different from others I've had to endure, and give some hope that some Christian schools are actually Christian, not only when they're in church.

Well, from what I've seen and heard, most people from the small-schools anyway, see private schools as rich-kid schools, with much deeper pockets to get first-rate facilities. I know not all privates recruit, but a privilaged family with a talented kid can send that kid there and afford it, where public schoold have to make do with the talent that they have in their district. This may or may not be the case with Grace, but you asked what the deal is, and I think that covers it. I also, from my own personal experience, have discovered that some of the most disrespectful, rude and overall redneck fans have been from so-called "Christian" private schools. I'm hoping that Grace will be different from others I've had to endure, and give some hope that some Christian schools are actually Christian, not only when they're in church.

That is true that most private schools are full of rich kids who go to private schools for sports. But most of the time you do find that having a larger pool of people to choose from, u'll find just as much talent if not more. Most of the kids that come to private schools to play sports, are coming because if they went to a large school, they wouldn't get any playing time and in some cases they just wouldn't make the varsity team. We do have a couple of them, and a couple others with special cases, but most of the players on our team who get alot of playing time are kids who have been playing at grace since middle school. And i do hope that Grace redeems ur look on private school fans. But you will find those over absessed parents in every school and sport.

Well, once again Hampton had one and let it get away. A one point lead with less than a minute and on the line for a one-and-one, what happens? a missed front end and quick trip down for Grace results in an easy lay-in and the lead which they don't relinquish again. Props to Grace, they played well, and have fine players. The environment was what sectional play should be: LOUD. As for Hampton, they played hard, never gave up and almost pulled it off. I was very pleased with the Hampton crowd that made the trip down to Knoxville, I'm sure the guys on the team appreciated the turnout. It's a shame, really, that someone had to lose that game, it was easy to see that both were worthy teams to makeit to the Boro, but of course, only one can make it. Good luck Rams, you'll need it with Union City lurking in the State. Thanks Dogs, you've had a very good season, you seniors have been a joy to watch and root for during your time at HHS.