Nashville Christian @Moore County

BabyGirl#24

Basically what it comes down to is shooting and coaching (ncs) vs. penetration and depth (mc)... I know that NCS hasn't been to state in over 20 years if ever and I am pretty sure that MC hasn't either... Both teams are experienced, with seniors who will want it, who have been in this game before... The only thing is no player from either of these teams have made it any farther... I will give a slight edge to MC, because they will be hosting... although it isn't at their gym so it will not be that big of a factor...different gym for both teams, just shorter drive for MC... Besides the home court factor (around 4-6 points) I would say that these teams are extremely equal... it really will come down to who will want it more for four quarters, who will play smarter...

Good luck NCS...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically what it comes down to is shooting and coaching (ncs) vs. penetration and depth (mc)... I know that NCS hasn't been to state in over 20 years if ever and I am pretty sure that MC hasn't either... Both teams are experienced, with seniors who will want it, who have been in this game before... The only thing is no player from either of these teams have made it any farther... I will give a slight edge to MC, because they will be hosting... although it isn't at their gym so it will not be that big of a factor...different gym for both teams, just shorter drive for MC... Besides the home court factor (around 4-6 points) I would say that these teams are extremely equal... it really will come down to who will want it more for four quarters, who will play smarter...

Good luck NCS...

Moore County won the State Championship in 1999!!!

wow...my bad... I did not know that... I know alot about 1a ball too... that's pretty crappy of me... Who was on that team... who did they beat in the state tournament...

Heath Hardin was their best player.. He won Mr. Basketball that year! They a great left-handed player and a great shooter. Very fun team to watch!! They had a great coach in John Wild.. Could be wrong but i think that they beat COSBY?????

keep thinking that and you might find yourself in a Georgio poster. I think that MC has too much size and athleticism for NCS

No they dont, NCS has 3 guards in the top 10 in three pointers (all classes). and not one of them runs over a 4.6.. and the two big men dont run over a 4.8, so you cant say they have too much atheletism for NCS to handle...and as for the dunking...if they dunk, it will suprise me...no one has dunked on NC all year

No they dont, NCS has 3 guards in the top 10 in three pointers (all classes). and not one of them runs over a 4.6.. and the two big men dont run over a 4.8, so you cant say they have too much atheletism for NCS to handle...and as for the dunking...if they dunk, it will suprise me...no one has dunked on NC all year

It does not matter if a player dunks, its two points. It may get some momentum, but NC could easily come down and drain a 3. But i think MC will have too much atheletism because I thought thats what got them beat against Eagleville. MC is kind of the same with smarter players. And MC did beat Cosby in 99. They did not win the district tourney, region tourney, and I think they even lost a game in what was the sectional. From what i remember Cosby had two unbelievable shooters that are in the TSSAA state tourney record book, but that still got beat by MC. Heath Harden transfered to Smyrna, i believe the following year.

Heath Hardin was their best player.. He won Mr. Basketball that year! They a great left-handed player and a great shooter. Very fun team to watch!! They had a great coach in John Wild.. Could be wrong but i think that they beat COSBY?????

The left handed kid was Robbie Altman and the shooter was Jeremy Jean who stuck 6 3's in the first half of the Championship game. By the way he is also the older brother of one Tyler Jean. It must be in the "Jeans" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Also on that team was Daniel Bateman, Chris Fletcher, and Wade Harder.

Buddy i'm sure there is some logic in your eyes to make that statement but as i stated before NCS hasn't played a MC type team all year so to say we won't dunk on you cause no one has all year doesn't mean anything just that you haven't played anybody that has the ability to or has the confidence to do it. And if you base athleticism on being able to shoot the ball and run a 4.6 40, that means squat in Basketball. MC plays ABOVE the rim alot weither it be rebounds, dunks, layups etc. so you better hope yall can JUMP. And please tell me ya'll aren't banking on all those 3's to win the game that has probably go you as far as it will take ya. It's hard to shoot when your sucking air and have 2 hands in ya face.

MC BY 10!!

Let it air out Georg!!!!!!

It was a great game to watch tonite. I think the best team won. It was a home game for Moore Co, but played on a neutral court at Motlow State Community College. Nashville Christian had a 9 pt lead early in the first half and Moore Co stepped on defense the rest of the game. When the Blue Raiders put more pressure on the Eagles guards and took away the 3pt shots, it was a big diffenrence. Live by the 3 and die by the 3. Moore Co had a better inside game overalll. The big man for Nashville Christian got in foul trouble, which limited him somewhat in the second half. Both teams have excellent coaches, but they can't play. It was a shame somebody had to lose this game, because there probably are some teams in the state tourney that are not as good as Nashville Christian. Good luck Moore Co in the State Tourney.