Old Franklin County HS Threads

bigmoney128

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Mac taking this job unless he really wants to get back to TN. He is a great coach but I think he would clash with the administration just like he did in Marshall County.

Mac took the job this afternoon. Let the fun begin!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Mac took the job this afternoon. Let the fun begin!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope Mac took it , I saw the list in the paper, and I know for a fact that Danny Adams from Mississippi should not be considered. I'm originally from Franklin County, but have been in Mississippi for a number of years. Don't get me wrong he is a good man, but he won the 3A Championship in Mississippi with a group of exceptional athletes! He was at NE Jones before that and did not have very much success. The next coach there won back to back State 4A championships soon after taking over.

Just my thoughts.

Hi Folks, Can you say MacRebel? Word on the street is McCurry took the job this afternoon. This should put some fire back in the Tullahoma-FC game this year. Olive vs McCurry, Louis Thompson vs McCurry. I can't wait to see what happens. We will finally get to see if McCurrry is good as advertised.

as I said before, the one thing we know is that this team will be discipline...they will work hard and they will not skip practices...as they did under the previous coach

I hope Mac took it , I saw the list in the paper, and I know for a fact that Danny Adams from Mississippi should not be considered. I'm originally from Franklin County, but have been in Mississippi for a number of years. Don't get me wrong he is a good man, but he won the 3A Championship in Mississippi with a group of exceptional athletes! He was at NE Jones before that and did not have very much success. The next coach there won back to back State 4A championships soon after taking over.

Just my thoughts.

Okay I might have missed this one. I get my info from two sources as I did this time but they must have gotten it from the same source. I don't think Mac is coming. Report is now they are back to the four other canidates. I appreciate when people post, cause I know alot of people here are reading these threads.

as I said before, the one thing we know is that this team will be discipline...they will work hard and they will not skip practices...as they did under the previous coach

Alot can happen over night. The word is now Mac's not coming. Players were told he was , but I heard it's not true. Newpaper and radio this morning state they are back to the four other canidates.

Alot can happen over night. The word is now Mac's not coming. Players were told he was , but I heard it's not true. Newpaper and radio this morning state they are back to the four other canidates.

Yes, he was coming yesterday. No, he is not coming this morning. Seems like the Super. pulled a fast one, must be the "Lawyer" in him. After weeks of negotiation a deal was verbally presented and agreed upon. But it seems that the "final" written proposal had been changed by the Super. changing the terms to meet his agenda not the one agreed upon by Mac McCurry and the negiotating party (if you will).

I would go out on a limb and say that the Super may have cost ya'll a great hire and potentially the opportunity for a successful football program and a great year(s).

But as I always say, "you make choices in life and you have to live with the consequences." Maybe next time things will be handled differently. At least now you no who is to blame for this situation.

Yes, he was coming yesterday. No, he is not coming this morning. Seems like the Super. pulled a fast one, must be the "Lawyer" in him. After weeks of negotiation a deal was verbally presented and agreed upon. But it seems that the "final" written proposal had been changed by the Super. changing the terms to meet his agenda not the one agreed upon by Mac McCurry and the negiotating party (if you will).

I would go out on a limb and say that the Super may have cost ya'll a great hire and potentially the opportunity for a successful football program and a great year(s).

But as I always say, "you make choices in life and you have to live with the consequences." Maybe next time things will be handled differently. At least now you no who is to blame for this situation.

My sources tell me the same thing. I heard Sup. after the agreement called Mac and said he had to take a full load teaching and not the one class other than football he agreed too. Heard things got heated over the phone. Deal ended and we are back to square one. One radio station reported a hire very soon. Makes you wonder If AD didn't hire Sup.'s choice.

Ripley, MS loves Mac McCurry and made him an offer that no one could refuse... It would be hard for a lot of schools to match what was put on the table down there. Guess some schools like to have a good coach who runs a tight ship and wins 10+ games a year!