Old Franklin County HS Threads

bigmoney128

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are accepting resumes for assistant coaching/teaching positions (teaching slots are not known at this time). If you are interested, please send a resume with at least five personal references to:

Coach_ELA@hotmail.com

Interviews will begin by the end of this month and continue until all the positions are filled.

A sincere good luck this year ELA. You do have a couple of solid linemen for a base I am hearing. Don't know about the rest, but by the end of spring training I figure you will have sorted it all out.

Biggest problem will be prying the talkers out of the halls and convincing them to actually show you what they can and cannot do.

wingman10, we have not set a date. I will be in Winchester next weekend and I hope to lock down some dates at that time. I am thinking it will be sometime in May. My system is too complex to put in during spring practice so we will just look at some aspects of it plus I won't have a full staff at that time. We will try to use those days to evaluate the talent returning and set things in motion for the summer months (weight training, conditioning, 7-on-7, etc.).

Welcome coach.

I am sure you would have found this out anyway, but the TSSAA, in their infinate wisdom (sarcasm intended), has decided to do away with things such as 7-on-7. Pretty much weight training is all they are letting coaches do now in the summer. It doesn't make much sense to me and it probably never will, but that is where things are nowadays.

Welcome coach.I am sure you would have found this out anyway, but the TSSAA, in their infinate wisdom (sarcasm intended), has decided to do away with things such as 7-on-7. Pretty much weight training is all they are letting coaches do now in the summer. It doesn't make much sense to me and it probably never will, but that is where things are nowadays.

The way I understand it, 7-on-7 is still allowed but not in JUNE. Each team has 15 days of practice in July after the dead period to work on non-padded activities, 10 of which can be in 7-on-7 with other schools. I don't mind this change because it allows the basketball coaches to work with their players in June but still provides football with weight training and conditioning time. In effect, it extends non-padded football work for three weeks in July and that's plenty of time to put in a new offense and defense before football camp in August. I know a lot of old-timers are not happy about the new TSSAA regulations but it works for me.We will encourage all student-athletes to participate in FB as well as the other men's sports at the school. I'm sure this was the intent of the TSSAA Board in their recent changes to the handbook.Thanks for the update.ELA

A sincere good luck this year ELA. You do have a couple of solid linemen for a base I am hearing. Don't know about the rest, but by the end of spring training I figure you will have sorted it all out.Biggest problem will be prying the talkers out of the halls and convincing them to actually show you what they can and cannot do.

Thanks Lost Old Dad. I look forward to meeting each of you in the coming months.

any idea ELA who your OC and DC will be this upcoming season?

Respectfully, those type of decisions will not be made for sometime and I don't think I would want to discuss that on coachT or any other message board; however, I will say we have some very good coaches we are talking to and it should all workout well for FCHS.